PDA

View Full Version : Million dollar idea

Rsuds
02-07-2015, 10:43 PM
What is your million dollar idea. Most people have a couple a year but never act on them.
I have a couple.
Building outside furniture that has certain themes on them.

GrassButler
02-07-2015, 11:02 PM
What is your million dollar idea. Most people have a couple a year but never act on them.
I have a couple.

Im working on my 2nd Million!!! ------------- I gave up on the first one!! ;)

Johnson
02-07-2015, 11:09 PM
I have a couple.

Thanks Brian. You'll see me on Shark Tank next season
I'll send you a royalty

Guy B
02-08-2015, 12:29 AM
A hamburger shaped like a hotdog.......

Ralph Quaglia
02-08-2015, 09:44 AM
Powerball!

sunshinewater
02-08-2015, 10:00 AM
6 minute abs??

Raystown Roof Cleaning
02-08-2015, 10:26 AM
The problem with million dollar ideas is realizing your market. You have to consider the people who will be buying your product. If you look at it as would I buy this ridiculous thing,..and you say "No I wouldn't" So,..idea gets scrapped,...So,..it's hard for a logical minded person to come up with the quick million dollar sale items. Where as it may have been a big seller to the masses,..you know the ones who bought the Flowbee,..(the hair cutting thing you hooked to the vacuum cleaner)

Or the spray on hair,Ha,Ha,..Pocket fisherman,...Ron Popeil is a genius and knows how to read his market. He could sell what amounted to junk. But people bought it up and made him rich.

*Except the spray on hair,..I think they try to give that away now when you by a record cleaner or something,Ha,Ha,..

**Oh yea, and the pet rock.

I had an idea once to make available "Student Driver" magnets on every driver with a permit. Gives the other drivers a heads up.

Jeff

pressurepros
02-08-2015, 02:07 PM
My current entrepreneurial fantasy is anything to do with the legalized marijuana industry. The dot.com era was the last that made billionaires. Legalized weed is the next one.

I don't want to be a billionaire and I don't want to be a farmer or under scrutiny of the federal government. Many of these companies cannot accept credit cards because of Federal law (no merchants will take them on). Tons of cash in a retail environment means lots of supplying vendors are needed (security personnel and systems, bullet proof glass, armored transport, consultants, etc). That's where I am looking.. at one of the vendor industries. There are a ton of them if you think it out.

socalkol
02-08-2015, 04:43 PM
My current entrepreneurial fantasy is anything to do with the legalized marijuana industry. The dot.com era was the last that made billionaires. Legalized weed is the next one.

I don't want to be a billionaire and I don't want to be a farmer or under scrutiny of the federal government. Many of these companies cannot accept credit cards because of Federal law (no merchants will take them on). Tons of cash in a retail environment means lots of supplying vendors are needed (security personnel and systems, bullet proof glass, armored transport, consultants, etc). That's where I am looking.. at one of the vendor industries. There are a ton of them if you think it out.

There is definitely huge upside to leveraging yourself in this market and preparing to profit on the expansion of legalization.

GrassButler
02-08-2015, 04:51 PM
There is definitely huge upside to leveraging yourself in this market and preparing to profit on the expansion of legalization.

I wonder when they will want to buy my domain!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JC
02-08-2015, 07:13 PM

And next door to the pot shop you would absolutely need to open an junk food/snack bar w/ATM

pressurepros
02-08-2015, 10:27 PM
And next door to the pot shop you would absolutely need to open an junk food/snack bar w/ATM

LOL.. I made a similar model work before ;-)

Johnson
02-08-2015, 11:02 PM
I wonder when they will want to buy my domain!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol good one. You would get top dollar my friend.

DJ Carroll
02-09-2015, 04:55 PM
-College Prep App for High School Students sold to school districts based on users
-Sign Franchise Sales Training Contracts
-Investment Firm pared with a Real Estate Company that pays Investors a 5-8% dividend per year
-Pre-Heater Turbo Charger for luxury cars that would create a warm cabin in 2-3 mins. sold as a "Cold Weather Package"
-Start a brokerage for commercial hemp as KY is currently in the pilot stages of farming. Would replace tobacco for farmers. "The Phillip Morris Of Hemp"
-Sensors for the 4 corners of cars that would communicate with a special paint in the HOV lanes so that the car would have "Auto Pilot"
-A spray for white sneakers that would make it impossible for them to get dirty like the new paint they are putting on cars
-Invent an amplifier for solar panels to boost the energy they can collect

NJWashingGuy
02-09-2015, 11:44 PM
I'm going to re-start a non profit organization where me and my buddies use other peoples money to steer unwitting new comers to take our for profit classes and fake certifications under the guise that we are bettering the industry...

Oh wait, someone else beat me to the punch....... back to the drawing board.

DJ Carroll
02-10-2015, 09:42 AM
i'm going to re-start a non profit organization where me and my buddies use other peoples money to steer unwitting new comers to take our for profit classes and fake certifications under the guise that we are bettering the industry...

Oh wait, someone else beat me to the punch....... Back to the drawing board.

lmao!!!!! +100

JC
02-10-2015, 10:25 AM
For the record, I am against pot use and legalization for multiple reasons and would never support a company, business or state that promotes its use. I have no doubt there is a ton of money to be made in the industry but not at the expense of this once great Country.

I'm pretty sure Ken was kidding in his statement and I'm more sure DJ cant see past the $$ signs and will do anything to make a buck, regardless of the consequences - DJ, I hope you reconsider

DJ Carroll
02-10-2015, 10:55 AM
For the record, I am against pot use and legalization for multiple reasons and would never support a company, business or state that promotes its use. I have no doubt there is a ton of money to be made in the industry but not at the expense of this once great Country.

I'm pretty sure Ken was kidding in his statement and I'm more sure DJ cant see past the $$ signs and will do anything to make a buck, regardless of the consequences - DJ, I hope you reconsider

JC - I said commercial hemp not marijuana .... there is a difference.

DJ Carroll
02-10-2015, 10:56 AM
As my good friend and our congressman says "It's Rope not Dope" LOL

Guy B
02-10-2015, 11:44 AM
JC - I said commercial hemp not marijuana .... there is a difference.

Yep, it was before cotton.........N.C. was the Countries largest producer in the 1700 & early 1800's.

offdutyfireman
02-10-2015, 08:36 PM
I just want to do about 10 hair cuts a day at $10 a pop. That would leave time for watching westerns while I dozed in the chair until a customer walked in. If that did not work I think a little foam pad with a magnet backing could be sold for a dollar each. Pop it under your hood for those daily oil checks when you don't have a rag and have to use your pants. My wife hates that

pressurepros
02-10-2015, 09:34 PM

Nope, I wasn't kidding. I abhor the use of alcohol, pot, prescription drugs, etc. Cigarettes and tobacco are right up there. I've indulged in all the above and choose not to live that way. What I do respect is anyone else' right to do as they please with their body. So within the framework of the law, I would provide a subsidiary service (let's say security personnel). No moral dilemma there or even a second thought. I was in the beer distributor business growing up. Cigarettes, beer and lottery. If people are stupid enough to spend their money on that stuff, I have no problem making money providing it. What about making people fat? Morally, I could never own a fast food franchise. If i went back to work in sales, i could never work for a pharmaceutical company. It becomes very cloudy when you put your own morals, pocketbook or desires into the framework of a business.

Raystown Roof Cleaning
02-11-2015, 05:28 AM
Nope, I wasn't kidding. I abhor the use of alcohol, pot, prescription drugs, etc. Cigarettes and tobacco are right up there. I've indulged in all the above and choose not to live that way. What I do respect is anyone else' right to do as they please with their body. So within the framework of the law, I would provide a subsidiary service (let's say security personnel). No moral dilemma there or even a second thought. I was in the beer distributor business growing up. Cigarettes, beer and lottery. If people are stupid enough to spend their money on that stuff, I have no problem making money providing it. What about making people fat? Morally, I could never own a fast food franchise. If i went back to work in sales, i could never work for a pharmaceutical company. It becomes very cloudy when you put your own morals, pocketbook or desires into the framework of a business.

I agree with that at face value,..what sucks though is the effects it may have on a persons family,..with alcohol the effect can be immediate, (I.E. Mean Drunk) or "drunken" and driving, which can potentially ruin many lives. With other "drugs",..the issues can be prolonged and come out over time. Many can function in society as a user,..many cannot,..they are the abusers,..and those that cannot usually burden someone close to them.,.in the form of temperament, financially or simply having your family and friends see you go down hill and ruin your life, which in effect can damage your own life to a degree.

So yes,..while I agree that we can do as we please with our personal well being,..would be nice if the people in our lives were taken into consideration.

To sum it up, drunks and druggies are selfish.

Jeff

pressurepros
02-11-2015, 10:15 AM
I agree with that at face value,..what sucks though is the effects it may have on a persons family,..with alcohol the effect can be immediate, (I.E. Mean Drunk) or "drunken" and driving, which can potentially ruin many lives. With other "drugs",..the issues can be prolonged and come out over time. Many can function in society as a user,..many cannot,..they are the abusers,..and those that cannot usually burden someone close to them.,.in the form of temperament, financially or simply having your family and friends see you go down hill and ruin your life, which in effect can damage your own life to a degree.

So yes,..while I agree that we can do as we please with our personal well being,..would be nice if the people in our lives were taken into consideration.

To sum it up, drunks and druggies are selfish.

Jeff

Jeff, I absolutely agree with that. With that being said, I am one of those selfish, druggy drunks. Many moons sober now but had to rebuild my life from the turmoil and chaos that surrounds that lifestyle which included a divorce, bankruptcy and homelessness as well as the effects on my two kids. There's a weak chink in the armor of an addict whether it be genetic or some perfect storm of genetics and life experiences. That is not an excuse but the reality that no one is without their closet skeletons and everyone has their usually negative way they deal with them. I will say though, the addicts I have met that have found sobriety through a greater power are usually the smartest, sharpest, kindest people I have met with a true understanding of inner peace. Most people never get to experience that balance so I am grateful for my experiences, as shitty as they were at the time for at least putting me on the path of becoming closer to God (just my belief, some call it spirituality). Long long way to go to becoming Ghandi, but doing my best.

Jeff, I was also against the legalization of marijuana because I believe it to be a gateway to other drugs.. but then again, so is smoking cigarettes. For the right people, even the buzz of the first cigarette they try sets their brain on a path of seeking brain chemistry alteration. I'm actually now strongly in favor of legalization for two reasons. One is that, stated simply, there are no bodies. You can't overdose on it. Most people, even if they use it as kids regularly, move on from it. The second reason is the war on drugs is a ridiculous and ineffective waste of tax dollars. I'd like to see at least some of those dollars saved and the additional revenue earned put back into social programs to help educate young people on addiction and help those that fall victim to the personified evil that addiction is. (the liberal side of me, I guess) For me, personal liberty trumps all else. So though I may get angry or tear up when I see someone destroying their life with alcohol, killing themselves by eating processed foods and sugar or making decisions that I know will not turn out well, those people have to experience the negative repercussions themselves to learn. No one learns from happy, positive experience. It is the negative events that teach via experience. You have to just go through it to become better.

I am way off track, here. Sorry about the diatribe. I just wanted to give you my perspective as a whole as I put together scenarios that satisfy that evil capitalist in me. :-) There is business opportunity in weed. Now, I just have to figure out how to get it without selling my soul.

socalkol
02-11-2015, 10:51 AM

This is said in jest but morally you could not own a fast food franchise, but an ice cream franchise... well that's completely different ha ha.

I agree with much of what is said here. The war on drugs is a bottomless pit of spending. Legalization allows control, taxation, and revenue rather then endless cost fighting it. When something is illegal it stimulates violent crime in the industry legalization would lover violent crime in that arena. I also see it as a gateway but believe in person choice. I do not partake in the use of these substances but if others want to that is their choice.

JC
02-11-2015, 11:28 AM
Yep, it was before cotton.........N.C. was the Countries largest producer in the 1700 & early 1800's.

I knew it used to be popular for rope making and clothing but did'nt know it was still in use today, especially with all the modern and superior materials available.

pressurepros
02-11-2015, 11:54 AM
This is said in jest but morally you could not own a fast food franchise, but an ice cream franchise... well that's completely different ha ha.

Jeff, that was the point! Where do you draw the line of imposing morality or making choices for people? My dream is to own a McDonald's or two. Even one good one can put $350k/yr in your pocket and they run themselves.

socalkol
02-11-2015, 12:00 PM
Jeff, that was the point! Where do you draw the line of imposing morality or making choices for people? My dream is to own a McDonald's or two. Even one good one can put $350k/yr in your pocket and they run themselves.

They require about a mil liquid just to consider you for ownership dont they?

JC
02-11-2015, 12:14 PM

So you do have a moral objection to selling fast food to someone who, in the long term, is only hurting themselves. But selling dope or support services to people who are hurting themselves, their families, friends, people they steal from, people they hurt while under the influence (physically, emotionally and financially), this is morally ok with you?

Just about everyone I know has been, at one time or another, assaulted by someone under the influence of drugs (drugs, alcohol or both) but I have yet to meet someone who has been assaulted but a fat guy trying to get money for his next fast food binge.

I was hit in a parking lot on new years eve, a month ago, by a guy higher than a kite, no ins., no registration and no drivers license. Guess who has to pick up that tab, ME! What happens to him, maybe a fine or two which he cant or wont pay and he goes back to his lowlife scummy life as if nothing even happened.

I was talking with a customer about this subject and she mentioned that they should legalize pot in Atlantic City. I said - Everyone is already high and they have a very high concentration of gangs and criminal activity, legalization would not change anything. The pot shops would sell to the tourists out of the front door and to the criminals out of the back door while the mob/gangs would be collecting "tax" right along side the state tax man. The general public would never see a penny of the tax money and nothing would change in AC.

DJ Carroll
02-11-2015, 02:09 PM
It has been outlawed by the feds for years. My congressman Thomas Massie and our Ag Commisioner James Comer are working to get it legalized....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/30/hemp-dea-house_n_5414458.html

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/01/22/massie-tries-legalizing-hemp/22158367/

Guy B
02-11-2015, 03:22 PM
I was talking with a customer about this subject and she mentioned that they should legalize pot in Atlantic City. I said - Everyone is already high and they have a very high concentration of gangs and criminal activity, legalization would not change anything. The pot shops would sell to the tourists out of the front door and to the criminals out of the back door while the mob/gangs would be collecting "tax" right along side the state tax man. The general public would never see a penny of the tax money and nothing would change in AC.

I disagree Jim, the legalization of marijuana would change things....good & bad, but it would cut the flow of money back to the drug lords south of the border & keep the money in the US along with jobs, tax revenue, and so on. I see marijuana as the lesser evil compared to alcohol, prescription drugs, tobacco, etc......There is "Use" & there is "Abuse" in everything, it's a human trait. Marijuana has been around for thousands of years and it's medical benefits haven't even scratched the surface yet. Gangs & Low Lifes have also been around for thousands of years......Just Saying.

For the record I don't use or abuse anything mood enhancing or mind altering crap (Did enough of that back in the day) and wouldn't even if it became Legal to do so.....just my .02

dave mac
02-11-2015, 03:24 PM
just wait until the first grow company goes public

pressurepros
02-11-2015, 08:26 PM
They require about a mil liquid just to consider you for ownership dont they?

Yep. Brutal.

pressurepros
02-11-2015, 08:31 PM
So you do have a moral objection to selling fast food to someone who, in the long term, is only hurting themselves. But selling dope or support services to people who are hurting themselves, their families, friends, people they steal from, people they hurt while under the influence (physically, emotionally and financially), this is morally ok with you?

Jim, that was just my weak attempt at being facetious. If I shouldn't get involved in some sideline business that will prosper from marijuana, then I shouldn't be involved in anything that someone deems harmful to others. (fast food, ice cream, pharma sales, softwashing, etc) My point is that there is always a downfall for someone in a capitalist society. Someone profits and someone pays. That's the way it has always been. I wouldn't sell marijuana or grow it, but I would sell the fertilizer farmers would need to grow it.

pressurepros
02-11-2015, 08:46 PM
You may be right but no one will know unless they try it. We already have a recent history of how it turns out though. Alcohol prohibition. That single handedly created the most vicious and profitable organized crime ever. I will post a recent pic I took of Al Capone's cell in Eastern State Pen. Now fast forward to today. How many people are moonshining? The ones that are make enough $$ to live in a small shack in Appalachia. Do you know of any drug dealers that sell moonshine? There is no profit and having the unlimited resources of the gov't on your ass isn't worth it. Instead the gov't (most state and local) collect almost $7B in alcohol taxes.

Anyway, here is the pic of Capone's cell. Tells you what money and power gets you.

JC
02-11-2015, 09:06 PM
You may be right but no one will know unless they try it. We already have a recent history of how it turns out though. Alcohol prohibition. That single handedly created the most vicious and profitable organized crime ever. I will post a recent pic I took of Al Capone's cell in Eastern State Pen. Now fast forward to today. How many people are moonshining? The ones that are make enough $$ to live in a small shack in Appalachia. Do you know of any drug dealers that sell moonshine? There is no profit and having the unlimited resources of the gov't on your ass isn't worth it. Instead the gov't (most state and local) collect almost $7B in alcohol taxes.

Anyway, here is the pic of Capone's cell. Tells you what money and power gets you.

Prohibition took a legal product and made it illegal, thats the biggest reason it didnt work.

The reason drug dealers dont fight over moonshiners is like you said, not enough money and too high risk but I need to add the ability to conceal your actions. What I mean is trying to hide $1,000 worth of shine will take a truck and hiding $1,000 worth of drugs can be done in your front pocket. The unlimited resources of the govt. should be chasing ALL criminals, not the ones they cherry pick.

"Three strikes your out" should be a federal law and if the prisons get too filled up, we need to start executing them to make more room. I see no sense in taxing good, hard working people just to keep some scum bag felons who are a menace to society, alive.

Jeremy Guillot
02-11-2015, 09:18 PM
Can't blame the addiction, the responsibility falls on the addict. My addiction is food. For some its pornography, sports, golf etc. Good friend ruined, not only his life, but his entire family's lives because of a golf addiction. Point is, it's not immoral for me to wash country clubs or athletic venues because he couldn't successfully manage something that to most people can be a simple recreation. It's easy to blame alcohol or drugs for a "low-life's" behavior but take away one vice and he'll find another.

cajun cleanin
02-11-2015, 11:21 PM
Weed as a gateway drug?If you think being illegal is stopping anyone from doing drugs than I have a bridge to sell you.

If anything the illegal/rebel factor of doing something illegal is making kids smoke weed.If you take the drug money out of the dealers hands and start taxing it and using it for other things than guess what the drug dealers have to go get real jobs,because the farmers in the midwest and the south could grow so much weed it would be cheap.

Have you ever seen or been around someone who smokes week?Have you ever seen them get in a fight?Drive fast and recklessly?Beat their wife and kids up in a rage?No you haven't.

Five of the top ten most perscribed drugs in this country would be eliminated by the legalization of marijuana and along with them BILLIONS of dollars would also be eliminated from the big drug companies.

Why would drug addicts break into your house and steal your TV for drugs if they could buy all they wanted for a few bucks legally?Why would they hold up liqour stores and shoot people?Why would there be so many gang killings over street corners if they couldn't make big money seeling drugs?

Think about the money that is made in the drug business and where it's going.The drug business is not going away whether it's legal or not.The question remains where does the money go?Towards schools,healthcare,roads,etc... or Big rims on cars ,gold chains,guns and private jets for the columbians and mexican drug lords.

Do you know when he was alive that Pablo Escobar was the richest man in the world?

Johnson
02-12-2015, 01:15 AM
Weed as a gateway drug?If you think being illegal is stopping anyone from doing drugs than I have a bridge to sell you.

If anything the illegal/rebel factor of doing something illegal is making kids smoke weed.If you take the drug money out of the dealers hands and start taxing it and using it for other things than guess what the drug dealers have to go get real jobs,because the farmers in the midwest and the south could grow so much weed it would be cheap.

Have you ever seen or been around someone who smokes week?Have you ever seen them get in a fight?Drive fast and recklessly?Beat their wife and kids up in a rage?No you haven't.

Five of the top ten most perscribed drugs in this country would be eliminated by the legalization of marijuana and along with them BILLIONS of dollars would also be eliminated from the big drug companies.

Why would drug addicts break into your house and steal your TV for drugs if they could buy all they wanted for a few bucks legally?Why would they hold up liqour stores and shoot people?Why would there be so many gang killings over street corners if they couldn't make big money seeling drugs?

Think about the money that is made in the drug business and where it's going.The drug business is not going away whether it's legal or not.The question remains where does the money go?Towards schools,healthcare,roads,etc... or Big rims on cars ,gold chains,guns and private jets for the columbians and mexican drug lords.

Do you know when he was alive that Pablo Escobar was the richest man in the world?

There are far more different types of drugs available other than marijuana...also more profitable as well. Taking marijuana out of the equation for drug dealers would only force them turn to something else.
Plus your everyday thieves aren't robbing stores or homes because of marijuana addiction, those individuals are usually on heavier drugs.
I see your point, just don't see it having as much of an impact as your example.
Yes it's a depressant but so are lots of other things.

I vote "No"

cajun cleanin
02-12-2015, 05:40 AM
I'm not just talking about weed.All drugs should be regulated and legal.Some drugs would just disappear in my opinion.

NJWashingGuy
02-12-2015, 11:23 AM
We should start a new thread on the con's and pro's of legalization.......

My million dollar idea is somewhere in real estate.... get a realtors license (since their fees are high) and get into the flip and spec built houses

JC
02-12-2015, 12:14 PM

they break into homes and steal because they are too lazy and unreliable to hold down a real job.

Legalizing all drugs would not eliminate crime but it would, without question, create an unsustainable drain on all social services and create more pain and suffering for everyone in this once great Country.

pressurepros
02-12-2015, 03:25 PM
they break into homes and steal because they are too lazy and unreliable to hold down a real job.

Legalizing all drugs would not eliminate crime but it would, without question, create an unsustainable drain on all social services and create more pain and suffering for everyone in this once great Country.

Jim, I bought into that hype before, too but it just doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Portugal decriminalized personal possession in 2001 and since that time "..in the first few years that these reforms took place in July 2001, drug seizures in Portugal went up almost 500 percent. (because law enforcement could focus on organized crime and importers) Within seven years of the reforms, drug users in treatment in Portugal has gone up 63 percent. At the same time, you've got the number of problematic drug users in decline. In the mid-to-late '90s, at the peak of the panic over Portugal's drug problem, it was estimated that about 1 percent of the Portuguese population was a problematic drug user, was hooked on heroin or some other drug, as you said. And today, that number has fallen by about 50 percent, while the population of Portugal has gone up about 10 percent." http://www.npr.org/2011/01/20/133086356/Mixed-Results-For-Portugals-Great-Drug-Experiment

Cigarette smoking has declined because of education (and taxation) not prohibition. You mention that there would be an unsustainable drain on social services. I disagree. Reroute the revenue from the clog in the policing, the jail system, and the court system of users and then add on top of that the nice little sin tax revenue placed on buyers and you have probably a hundred billion dollars $$$$$ in new revenue to support the rehabilitation and education of America's people. Now add in the jobs that can be created (and even more taxes collected) by keeping that industry in-house as opposed to everything being exported from Mexico or wherever.

It's really a no-lose proposition. I never had a problem getting whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted because the war on drugs does not work. Give me an hour and even today with no idea where to start, I bet you I could return with a bag of marijuana. The difference would be, instead of going to a safe retail store where the gov't gets its share of taxes, I would be forced to risk my freedom and probably my life venturing into a ghetto. It's stupid.

cajun cleanin
02-13-2015, 07:38 AM
Jim do you realize the amount of drain the so called war on drugs puts on social services already?We arrest this people and most of them are forced into the system to be rehabbed or reeducated and it just clogs the system up for people who really need and WANT the help.

The court system and prisons are also completely bogged down with cases involving drugs and arrest for using.The police are also.Ask a cop how long it takes to arrest and book someone in on a simple arrest for possession.This country spends hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars a year fight this war on drugs.How do you think we are doing?

Most calls for police service are domestic related,most calls involving theft or robbery or murder can be traced back to drugs.It either is the sale ,the purchase or the defense of and area to sell and purchase.

You say they rob and steal because they are lazy and what not.I believe they don't start out as criminals with the intent to do that but the cost of their habits due to the fact that these drug prices are controlled by the streets pushes them into the robberies and burglaries and whatnot.

People are going to use their drug of choice whether that be Alcohol,nicotine,weed,or opioids or whatever legal or not.Google the most abused drugs and see which ones are legal and which ones are not.

If you look into these coalitions that are pushing for legalization you will be suprised who is behind them not a bunch of hippies and dopeheads.They are filled with judges and lawyers and ex law enforcement people who have lived and fought in the war on drugs and they see it as a sham and unwinnable in it's current state

Im not saying it would be a cake walk,but in a generation or maybe less this country would be way better off.

Guy B
02-13-2015, 11:10 AM
A hamburger shaped like a hotdog.......

Bump....it's a winner!

JC
02-13-2015, 12:17 PM
Jim do you realize the amount of drain the so called war on drugs puts on social services already?We arrest this people and most of them are forced into the system to be rehabbed or reeducated and it just clogs the system up for people who really need and WANT the help.

Wrong, they are not being arrested, they are set free by liberal judges. Wrong again on the rehab comment - the ONLY time rehab works is when the abuser reaches his/her "bottom" and they choose to get free of the addiction. Education can work if taught to young kids in school, but the kids are taught that the laws are bad, not the drugs

The court system and prisons are also completely bogged down with cases involving drugs and arrest for using.The police are also.Ask a cop how long it takes to arrest and book someone in on a simple arrest for possession.This country spends hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars a year fight this war on drugs.How do you think we are doing?

There is nothing wrong with jails filled with criminals, whats your point? The billions spent on the war on drugs is a joke because no one was held accountable for the money the received. Police depts. got tons of money to buy cool stuff to fight the bad guys and then the courts system let them go, no two entities were working together and the tax payer paid the price

Most calls for police service are domestic related,most calls involving theft or robbery or murder can be traced back to drugs.It either is the sale ,the purchase or the defense of and area to sell and purchase.

​Whats the point you are trying to make?

You say they rob and steal because they are lazy and what not.I believe they don't start out as criminals with the intent to do that but the cost of their habits due to the fact that these drug prices are controlled by the streets pushes them into the robberies and burglaries and whatnot.

​You're right, they don't start out as criminals. Drug use makes you lazy, you cant work a real job and your only choice is to turn to crime of some sort. The price of the drug is not an issue, they will find away to finance their needs. Which brings me back to addiction, without the drugs they suffer uncontrollable, biological withdraw systems that can lead to death. The psychological part of the addiction is just as strong but not as deadly.

People are going to use their drug of choice whether that be Alcohol,nicotine,weed,or opioids or whatever legal or not.Google the most abused drugs and see which ones are legal and which ones are not.

Everyone is doing it so it must be ok? not a strong argument.

I know countless number of people who have used pot and or alcohol and never tried anything harder BUT I have never met or even heard of anyone on the harder, more addictive drugs, that didn't start out with cigs, pot or alcohol. Pot is one of the gateway drugs and should remain illegal.

If you look into these coalitions that are pushing for legalization you will be suprised who is behind them not a bunch of hippies and dopeheads.They are filled with judges and lawyers and ex law enforcement people who have lived and fought in the war on drugs and they see it as a sham and unwinnable in it's current state

its unwinnable because not one of the groups you mentioned are standing together with the other groups to fight the war. Lawyers and judges being the worst offenders while most cops soon realize thats its not worth risking their lives taking down a drug organization when the lawyers and judges end up setting the scum free.

Im not saying it would be a cake walk,but in a generation or maybe less this country would be way better off.

Right now, we (this Country) have close to half of the working age adults collecting some sort of benny from the govt. Legalizing pot will add to that number and then we will have more takers (people abusing and taking from the system) and not enough makers (tax payers) and the Country will slip into some sort of socialist/communist/dictatorship and it will be centuries before it self corrects. And the slip will be slow, unnoticeable to many because it is under-reported and most people like to avoid the ugliness in the world and focus on their own lives.

As it is now, the average income in this Country is down and dropping, the cost of living is up, real unemployment is higher than ever before, the national dept is over 18 TRILLION dollars (google what a trillion dollars looks like), the housing market is a mess, we have a potus more interested in selfies and talking with women who bathe in frootloops, than running a Country, IRS targeting specific groups of people and flat out lying about it. The attorney general targeting media personnel who do not show support to this administration and he is also, illegally purchasing and walking guns across our southern boarder. And don't let me forget about the 5 million illegals who are now aloud to stay in this Country AND collect 3 years of tax refunds WITHOUT proving they even worked AND they will have the right to vote!!!!

Imagine what they will be able to do when the voting masses are all dopped up and stupid from legally smoking pot. This is the govts. way of taking control, don't doubt me on this...

JC
02-13-2015, 12:17 PM
a hamburger shaped like a hotdog, I like it :cool:

pressurepros
02-13-2015, 09:23 PM
It's a hamburger.. yet its shaped like a hotdog. ::scratching chin:: I think we are on to something.

On a side note, I watched Fox News for two hours and have a strange urge to jump in a Hummer, pick up Jim and The General and go cruising. Anyone know of any Gay Pride parades we can run ram through? I'll attach a giant megaphone so we can take turns screaming about the decline of America. That'll teach those pansies to try and live free in my country!

Edit: Two hours later after watching MSNBC to try and chill out: Duuude, I have this incredible urge to roll a fatty and sign up for the 'Why America Sucks' course at Berkely. Anyone know if they offer that online? I'm now convinced that everyone else is crazy for not understanding that government IS the answer if people would just pay more taxes (not me though.. just the 1%).

Rsuds
02-13-2015, 10:50 PM
I agree to much negativity.

pressurepros
02-14-2015, 01:30 AM

I musta missed that. Didn't see anyone being negative? Differing opinions on things perhaps. I still stand by my thought.. weed is the new billionaire maker.

JC
02-14-2015, 01:40 PM
It's a hamburger.. yet its shaped like a hotdog. ::scratching chin:: I think we are on to something.

On a side note, I watched Fox News for two hours and have a strange urge to jump in a Hummer, pick up Jim and The General and go cruising. Anyone know of any Gay Pride parades we can run ram through? I'll attach a giant megaphone so we can take turns screaming about the decline of America. That'll teach those pansies to try and live free in my country!

Edit: Two hours later after watching MSNBC to try and chill out: Duuude, I have this incredible urge to roll a fatty and sign up for the 'Why America Sucks' course at Berkely. Anyone know if they offer that online? I'm now convinced that everyone else is crazy for not understanding that government IS the answer if people would just pay more taxes (not me though.. just the 1%).

Not taking the news seriously is part of the problem, proving my point about making it easy for the govt. to walk in and take control

I musta missed that. Didn't see anyone being negative? Differing opinions on things perhaps. I still stand by my thought.. weed is the new billionaire maker.

These two statements also prove my point
- reality is ugly and you dont want to be part of it
- turn a buck anyway you can regardless of the consequences
- I only care about me and my family
- or denial thinking - it could never happen to me so I dont worry about it

I know I will never change your mind but I do enjoy talking about how much this Country has changed in the past 75 years and the past 7 years. Most people, like you, dont care because you still have a roof over your head, food on your table and a few bucks in your pocket.

In 25 years, what will you tell your grand kids when they ask "what did you do to stop obama's health care scam, to stop 5 million illegals from entering the country and collecting 3 years back tax refunds and getting the right to vote? What did you do to stop the terrorist groups from killing other Americans?"

Granted it may be longer than 25 years away but considering the rapid rate of decline in American pride, removal of God in many public places, Christianity under attack all over the world, legalization of pot creating a generation (or more) of knuckleheads who have no interest past their next high, and knowledge of our history is getting distorted if taught at all, it could be sooner...

America lost the last two elections and what happens in 2016 will make or break us. If we can get enough legal citizens to vote, uh, legal and not stoned to vote, we may win and save the Country

pressurepros
02-14-2015, 07:36 PM
I am not sure which news I am supposed to watch, Jim. One says everything is booming, the other says the sky is falling and they switch those roles every other day. I take everything seriously and value freedom above all. Wanna know who I view as the biggest threats to my liberty and freedom are? The far right and the far left. One wants to control my wallet the other wants to control my morality. Both of them get the finger. So that leaves me to control what I can.. my life, my family and what surrounds me.

aisha.younas
03-02-2015, 02:25 PM
How can I earn ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DJ Carroll
03-03-2015, 11:51 PM
I got 4 words for you...... Break Away Mailbox Post

Now that is a million dollar idea!

abpcinc
01-15-2016, 09:27 PM
The news is entertaining and sponsored like anything else.
Except for the weather report which is also sponsored bit hard to spin.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rodger
03-30-2016, 02:07 AM
Ken,
Watch it on the MMJ biz, there isn't as much money as you think. And the hedge funds showed up here in Colorado years ago. You really think the billions of dollars of capital inflow over the last 7 years missed what someone is selling you?
Call me. I did some business consulting in the area in 2010-11, my projections on the market were correct within 2 months going out 18 months.
I was having sit downs in 2009 with a 50-60 year old republican that had raised over 10 BILLION in his career, another republican Retired Executive VP of a multi-billion dollar financial company (she's in Arizona now). Colorado is nice, a lot of people commute from here on private jets. Last I saw a few years ago Centennial airport is one of the top 3 airports in the country based on flights and it's almost all private.
Please do not put money into the MMJ if you think McDonalds at 350k is a lot. You don't show up in Colorado and pull the trigger with less than a $2mil gross outlay. As you pointed out you can't finance anything here every moment after you sign is capital burn.
Yeah yeah yeah support businesses blah blah blah. You think the people on the ground here don't know what services they need? CO2 systems? Security? Hell we already have Weed banking systems you'll hear about it in a couple years when the NYT gets around to reporting on it. As a matter of fact we have a WAVE of MMJ financial services going on here and have for years.

Thanks for all the videos and post.
Where do you get those ball valves with metal instead of plastic handles.
Rodger

steven
07-19-2016, 02:14 PM
So if a guy or gal smokes weed he/she is a disgusting, no good, low life druggy that cannot function in society?

Rodger
07-21-2016, 03:30 PM
just wait until the first grow company goes public

Why would they go public? The porn industry never went public. Pretty much the same capital raise model.
Many weed support companies have gone public already and they aren't doing to well. Penny stocks going up in price but the companies are dying.

dave mac
07-21-2016, 04:11 PM
silver to the moon

Rsuds
07-24-2016, 06:12 PM
Power washing

dave mac
08-11-2016, 06:01 AM
million dollar idea, slow and steady, save for 20 years, and dont be afraid of work