PDA

View Full Version : Simple, No Rinse, Low Pressure, Roof Cleaning ---- *PICTURES*

scrappy
07-11-2008, 08:39 AM
Here are some pictures of the dirtiest roof yet . . . .

My mix was 20 gal 12 %
two big bottles of Ajax
15 gal Water

This thing was NASTY!!!

I sprayed the nasty part first then continued around the roof and applied a second coat to the nasty stuff right before we left. . .

I think it turned out nice. .. .

What do you all think ????

BTW i did NOT rinse this roof i don't rinse any of my roofs . . . saves me time and money . . .

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k101/dccowboy32/IMG_0370.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k101/dccowboy32/IMG_0400.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k101/dccowboy32/IMG_0374.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k101/dccowboy32/IMG_0401.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k101/dccowboy32/IMG_0372.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k101/dccowboy32/IMG_0403.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k101/dccowboy32/IMG_0373.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k101/dccowboy32/IMG_0402.jpg

The lichen and algae had actually stared eating away at the granules on the far end of the roof
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k101/dccowboy32/IMG_0401.jpg

In this photo the dark spot is actually clean it just has some of the white and green granules missing . . .. it was a pretty good roof for pictures also an awesome roof to educate the HO on . . . they swore up and down it was from the trees and the factories lol

They were very happy with the results!

Barry M
07-11-2008, 08:55 AM
Nice work Dee J. How much pressure did it take to get the lichen and moss off? How long did it take you?

Looks good!

JC
07-11-2008, 09:00 AM
Whats your set up, 1/2" or 5/8" delevan?

scrappy
07-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Nice work Dee J. How much pressure did it take to get the lichen and moss off? How long did it take you?

Looks good!

NO PRESSURE!!!! I just applied the chem with my delavan and let the love do its job then it rained the next day and washed it away

took a lil over an hour mainly because the HO was one of those HO that stand and talk to you the whole time!!! LOL

Whats your set up, 1/2" or 5/8" delevan?

1/2"

St. Louis Pro Wash
07-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Excellent Job! I'd be thrilled if that was my roof. :thumbsup:

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Looks good DJ :)
ALL roofs, including those rinsed on the spot, look even better after a few good rains.
The Ajax will re activate after a rain, and clean even more.

guidance
07-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Looks fantastic! I'll post one later that I'm doing this weekend...

:eek:

mobilewow
07-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Looks Good!

4000PSI
07-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Scrappy: I gotta call you on the "no rinse" claim. The after pictures were rinsed very well, just not by you. If you wanna post no-rinse pictures, post the ones after application and before a rain.

scrappy
07-11-2008, 05:38 PM
True do little i'll change the title to I didn't rinse ;)

Bottom line me not rinsing saved me time which in turn made me more profitable

4000PSI
07-11-2008, 06:44 PM

Yes, but the debate over rinsing is about the appearance after you finish and whether or not it is leaves an acceptable impression on the customer. Many people, myself included, are not comfortable collecting a check with a roof looking like it does w/o a good rinse.

John Paul
07-11-2008, 07:12 PM
I guess it's one of those things that can be debated over and over, but in the end, I feel my customer is more comfortable and happy if I rinse on the spot. So that is what I am going to do. I charge enough where I don't feel that I am leaving money on the table doing so.

If for anyone else the HO is okay with non-rinsing, then so be it.

I like for them to see the difference that day, and then I like letting them know that after some good rain, it will lighten up even more. But that is me. To each his/her own.

Good job on the roof DJ, it looks great.

pwkid
07-11-2008, 07:32 PM
We always rinse shingles and non-guttered tile roofs. Shingles always look better when we rinse. :thumbsup:

scrappy
07-11-2008, 08:14 PM
okay you all tell me . . . did i take this picture after a rain or after i finished???

[attachment deleted by admin]

ALL SURFACE
07-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Which picture are you talking about? :confused:

podius
07-11-2008, 08:56 PM
I think picture #2 is before cleaning and picture #1 is after cleaning-the picture in debate-is this what it looks like before a rain or after a rain?

scrappy
07-11-2008, 09:33 PM
larry you ruin everything lol

i dunno what is up with the swurls though

but this roof i did then did the house and took after pictures while i was there

no rinse no rain!

ALL SURFACE
07-11-2008, 09:43 PM
LOL.... Sorry! I knew you had done the house because of the gutters. :P

Johnson
07-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Looks pretty good man. You do good work. :thumbsup:
Im a true believer in rinsing myself, but if that method works for you then do it to it.

scrappy
07-11-2008, 09:53 PM
LOL.... Sorry! I knew you had done the house because of the gutters. :P

the other side of the house was awful

ALL SURFACE
07-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Which one was washed? Is this another trick pic? .................................................. ......LOL

4000PSI
07-11-2008, 10:49 PM
okay you all tell me . . . did i take this picture after a rain or after i finished???

Can't tell from the image, too much aliasing. The hazy, whitish look that appears from non-rinse will require a much better pic.

That said, I'm going with non-rinse since no a rinsed roof wouldn't make any sense at this point in the discussion.

Try rinsing 1/2 and letting it dry. You'll see what we are talking about.

garyschell
07-12-2008, 12:19 AM
Not rinsing is doing a half assed job.

Next time you wash your hair...leave in the shampoo and wait for it to rain and let "mother nature" rinse it for you.

ALL SURFACE
07-12-2008, 02:19 AM

Next time you wash your hair...leave in the shampoo and wait for it to rain and let "mother nature" rinse it for you.

OK!
http://www.norinse.com/outdoorshampoo.htm

McIntoshWorks
07-12-2008, 02:24 AM
I want to look like the guy in the picture! :lol:

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-12-2008, 03:23 AM

Roofs Don't Get Dandruff :P

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-12-2008, 03:32 AM
True do little I'll change the title to I didn't rinse ;)

Whatever way you go in the debate over rinsing, or not rinsing, here is food for thought.
It takes TIME for the mix to KILL the algae.

When you are done, let it sit for 20 minutes, go work the neighbors, eat a sandwich, drink some pop, etc, etc.
Then rinse.

And IF you do rinse, take your time, and rinse well.
Half azzed rinsing will KILL or damage the grass and plants most assuredly.

That is LIVE Chemical you are rinsing off, IOW the chlorine is STILL active :eek:

scrappy
07-12-2008, 02:56 PM

Really? Because i have yet to have a customer say that or complain.

and Chris the what you said is exactly why i don't rinse. . . I don't want to flush live chem out on to the grass or even in to a bag it is still chancing it . . . I would rather clean it and that 20 min most of you guys are waiting to rinse im off at another roof and have it half done .. . .

as most of you know rinsing takes the most time . . . i can apply the chem fast ass hell . . .. I rinsed ONE roof and said screw that . . . there was tons of dead grass and it didn't come very clean . . . . To each his own

4000PSI
07-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Scrappy, you generally have a very objective outlook on new methods. But in this one, I think your "stupid old fart" glasses are clouding your vision. Take them off for a minute and keep this in mind about the guys who are telling you to rinse:

* Many were washing roofs before you were out of diapers.
* Most are making a lot of money AND finishing the job.
* Most washed more roofs last week than you did this year.

i.e. They have already been where you are, thought what you are thinking, and found the most profitable way (long term, big picture) to do roofs requires rinsing.

Cutting corners to reduce costs is short term, low baller thinking. Doing the job right and expecting to be paid accordingly is long term, successful thinking....

JC
07-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Stupid old fart glasses?? I was wondering where I left them :lol: :lol:

scrappy
07-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Philip I don't understand how not rinsing is hurting any thing ? also how is rinsing not being more profitable either in the long run or short run?

I know several people that very seldom rinse roofs any more . . .

I know at times i may be closed minded but on this subject I am being open minded i just need proof. . .

a roof that would take 2 or so hours if i had to rinse would be done in 45 min with out me rinsing . . . I jsut don't see where it is justified for me to rinse? ALL house here are shingle roofs and have gutters . . . Most of the roofs i do/have done are clean before i leave they just have that "glaze" over them that will wash away when it rains. . .

I just don't see how it helps me to rinse

4000PSI
07-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Philip I don't understand how not rinsing is hurting any thing ? also how is rinsing not being more profitable either in the long run or short run?

a roof that would take 2 or so hours if i had to rinse would be done in 45 min with out me rinsing

Most of the roofs i do {..} have that "glaze" over them that will wash away when it rains.

First, Charging a customer a few hundred bucks and not being willing to put 1extra hour to complete the job is a *terrible* mindset. It is exactly the mindset that drives a hack. Get paid and get gone with the least amount of effort possible. Find out what the customer is willing to tolerate and do nothing more. Not exactly the hallmark of a successful business.

Second, the less obvious reason. If you leave a roof unrinsed and a *light* rain comes in 2 hours later, you are buying them a new lawn. A light rain will not dilute the bleach sufficiently, but it will put it down the gutters and onto the lawn.

Finally, the biggest reason. Whether your customers have told you or not, you are leaving the the job half done and they can see that. So can the neighbors. That paints a picture that you are the type of guy that is A-OK with leaving a job half done. It won't hurt your reputation with those customers who just want fast and cheap, but it will kill your business from customers that want quality. And building a customer base of cheap vs. quality is a TERRIBLE long term biz plan.

I just don't see how it helps me to rinse

The low baller doesn't see how it helps him to charge more money... The homeowner doesn't see how it helps him to use premium stain products.

Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't happening. That's why experience is such a valuable asset.

podius
07-12-2008, 04:10 PM
True do little I'll change the title to I didn't rinse ;)

Whatever way you go in the debate over rinsing, or not rinsing, here is food for thought.
It takes TIME for the mix to KILL the algae.

When you are done, let it sit for 20 minutes, go work the neighbors, eat a sandwich, drink some pop, etc, etc.
Then rinse.

And IF you do rinse, take your time, and rinse well.
Half azzed rinsing will KILL or damage the grass and plants most assuredly.

That is LIVE Chemical you are rinsing off, IOW the chlorine is STILL active :eek:

True wisdom coming from a legend.

scrappy
07-12-2008, 05:45 PM
So after 2 hours on a roof, Baking in the sun. . . that stuff is still strong??? I'm sorry I'm not buying that . . .

Philip how about this example. . .. .

You see ants staring to show up more and more in you house you call the bug guy and he comes and sprays for them but says it may take up to a full week for the ants to carry it all back to the nest to eliminate the problem. . . . Is he doing a half ass job . . .do you expect him to stay at your house for a week until every ant is gone???

How bout a plumber . . . when he fixes your toilet, do you ask him to stand out side while you take a shit and test it out ????

NO because they are professionals and you trust what they tell you

Same with me . . . I tell them the chem will continue to clean after i leave and you will se the full effects after about 3 rains . . .. WHY IS THAT SO BAD!!!!!?!?!?!?!????!?????!????

I think a home owner would rather see the chem up there working and cleaning WHILE I'm spraying it on and then i tell them the rain will brighten it up even more and i leave than . . .Sitting around waiting for it to clean? I wouldn't feel comfortable just standing around and waiting (no offense to any one ) but that is what you have to do . . . i tried to coat a roof then just rinse but it doesn't work . . .like Chris said it takes time . . . and time is money . . .that is not a low baller mind set or a hack mind set that is a profitable business person mind set. . .

another thing i don't appreciate you saying that i am painting a picture of some one that does the job half way and leaves . . and build my customer base on price not quality . . .

EVERY ONE OF MY CUSTOMERS KNOW IM HIGH PRICED AND THEY ARE OKAY WITH THAT BECAUSE I BACK IT UP WITH QUALITY!!!!

that brown roof was on a 700 sq ft house . . . I got over 400 for it . . . its that basing my business on price because im pretty sure ken doesn't even get that much and he is one of the highest guys on the boards.

iM NOT TRYING TO CONVINCE ANY ONE NOT TO RINSE . . . or anything like that . . .and i mean no disrespect from what i said . . .

Jarrod
07-12-2008, 06:19 PM
I dont rinse. My roofs turn out perfect every time so far.

Johnson
07-12-2008, 07:52 PM
If theres "heavy rain" in the forecast within 2 days then I can see that. But what about if theres no rain for a week after the roof is sprayed? Does it still come clean then?

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-12-2008, 08:53 PM
If theres "heavy rain" in the forecast within 2 days then I can see that. But what about if theres no rain for a week after the roof is sprayed? Does it still come clean then?

No one is "right or wrong" here, we just have some differences of opinion.
I have been at this long enough to have done some actual testing of how LONG roofs stay clean, rinsed vs rinsed.
Once, doing a whole subdivision, we rinsed every other roof, made niotes, and came back to check on them.
It was simply no contest.
The un rinsed roofs we noticably cleaner.

I did some research into WHY this was, and found out the chemical takes time to KILL the mold.
MAYBE it is because the chemical slightly penetrates the shingle when un rinsed, but that is another thread :confused:

IF you rinse, I only suggest waiting 1/2 an hour, and have at it.
Like Scrappy said, that is LIVE Chemical you are unleashing, so you best have your chit together when you rinse.

Now, HERE is how we do it.

We put a treatmet chemical on the roof, and it ISN'T Borax, and it is NOT just chlorine.
I am not saying what it is, for obvious reasons.

We TELL the customers the pro's and con's of rinsing vs not rinsing, let them decide.

We also EDUCATE our customers that there is a treatment chemical STILL up there that can't tell the difference between a wanted vs an unwanted plant.
We TELL them about what a LIGHT Rain can do.

Here in florida, we have dew in the AM that can wash the mix onto plants.
We tell our customers to please water in the early am UNTIL a good rain, OR, we leave light disposable plastic on the tops of valuable plants.

Actually, we do MORE then this, and I WISH I could be FREE to tell everyone, and it would then make total sense, but I have a FEW copy cats I no longer wish to educate :eek:

Johnson
07-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Interesting......
So you probably have tiered roof packages as well? Rinse vs. Non-rinse, Treatment vs. Non-treatment, etc. etc.

powerwashing4u
07-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Scrappy - I understand your point and am seeing the light. Do you drive by in the future to ensure you didn't miss a spot or just ensure you have perfect coverage in the first place?

4000PSI
07-13-2008, 01:29 AM
So after 2 hours on a roof, Baking in the sun. . . that stuff is still strong??? I'm sorry I'm not buying that . . .

Whatever. It's your foot. Fire away....

You see ants staring to show up more and more in you house you call the bug guy and he comes and sprays for them but says it may take up to a full week for the ants to carry it all back to the nest to eliminate the problem. . . . Is he doing a half ass job . . .do you expect him to stay at your house for a week until every ant is gone???

Totally different than cleaning. But, it's you business and you're knocking out 10 per week. Feel free to do whatever you wish.

How bout a plumber . . . when he fixes your toilet, do you ask him to stand out side while you take a shit and test it out ????

If you pay a plumber and don't at least pull the handle to check, you're nuts. I guarantee he did...

NO because they are professionals and you trust what they tell you

Professionals that earn a customers trust don't do so by cutting corners....

Same with me . . . I tell them the chem will continue to clean after i leave and you will se the full effects after about 3 rains . . .. WHY IS THAT SO BAD!!!!!?!?!?!?!????!?????!????

Whatever. You've already kicked your partner to the curb and are knocking down $150k/yr. Who am I to question your methods...

like Chris said it takes time . . . and time is money . . .that is not a low baller mind set or a hack mind set that is a profitable business person mind set. . .

Cost control is a must for a successful business. Cutting corners on a job is a low baller mind set.

another thing i don't appreciate you saying that i am painting a picture of some one that does the job half way and leaves . . and build my customer base on price not quality . . .

I'm sorry that you don't appreciate my opinion, but it's my opinion and you asked. Next time you post something that I think is harmful to your business, I'll tell you that it's the best thing since sliced bread.

EVERY ONE OF MY CUSTOMERS KNOW IM HIGH PRICED AND THEY ARE OKAY WITH THAT BECAUSE I BACK IT UP WITH QUALITY!!!!

that brown roof was on a 700 sq ft house . . . I got over 400 for it . . . its that basing my business on price because im pretty sure ken doesn't even get that much and he is one of the highest guys on the boards.

IMHO, If you are getting $400 for an 850sq.ft roof you owe your customer the decency of a good rinse. Sorry dude, all you've talked about $400 for 45 min work and skipping out on another 45 min for a decent wrap up. That's the fast buck and run mentality that is pervasive in the lowball/hack community. If you don't wanna be associated with them, don't act like them. To be perfectly honest, if you were local to me, I would sell hard against you by showing *your* after pics and telling the customer that you 1/2 assing it and putting their property at risk. And I'd take your customers doing it...

iM NOT TRYING TO CONVINCE ANY ONE NOT TO RINSE . . . or anything like that . . .and i mean no disrespect from what i said . . .

No disrespect taken. It's your biz. You do whatever you want. But you've got a lot of guys with a hell of a lot more experience than you telling you to do otherwise.

We TELL them about what a LIGHT Rain can do.

Sounds like a lesson that Scrappy will have to learn the hard way. And I can tell you from my experience that cutting up the lawn and replacing it with sod takes a hell of a lot longer than 45 minutes. And it's not cheap either....

Dynamic Roof Cleaning
07-13-2008, 03:41 AM
For what it's worth here is my take on the subject. You are cleaning the roof in the first place because algae, moss, lichens, dirt, and other pollutants have attached themselves to the surface of the roof. The SH makes the shingles chemically "hot" as to reject these biological deviants for a short period of time (about 30 mins). Because the pollutant are now in suspension and raised from the surface of the roof due to a strange, yet wonderful chemical process, what better time to eliminate them entirely from the surface of the roof by rinsing?
If you do not take this golden opportunity golden to remove these pollutants for the surface of the roof, will these biological agents, dirt and such just re-attach themselves to the roof surface in another area- of course they will! That's is why you rinse and rinse until you see clear water.

Ask yourself what scenario you would rather be in:
1. Mr / Mrs Homeowner- Your roof was filthy before. But look now!- Tada- Your roof looks great!
2. Mr / Mrs Homeowner- I did all I'm gonna do for you in the lousy 45 mins I am willing to spend on you.
I know your roof isn't exactly clean as it could be, but maybe if it rains few times, this half-assed
job I did for you might amount to something?

In scenario 1, when you walk off the job, you know you did the RIGHT way. Who really gives a rat's ass how long it took you to do the job as long as you can look the customer in the eye and tell them that you did the best job you could and you took care of their home to the best of your ability.

Take care of the customer and the customer will take care of you!

Dynamic Roofing / Roof Cleaning
Indianapolis, IN

scrappy
07-13-2008, 06:11 AM
okay im really about to explode . . .did you all ridicule mr ford because he invented the assembly line???? is he a hack . . . .

man you know what im over it this is stupid . . . . i come on here and try to show you all how to MAKE MORE $$$$$ and you know what you say i got the old fart glasses on but you know what maybe you alll have the young gun glasses on . .. .

I don't care there is always gonna be people trying to tear me down and you know what it only makes me stronger

IM GONNA MAKE MY PAPER!!!!!

JC
07-13-2008, 08:12 AM
DJ, NOBODY here is trying to tear you down!! They are talking about the process and techniques you are choosing to use.

You brought up Mr Ford and his process So let me try to explain it to you this way. You are telling your customers that you are selling the top of the line Ford that Ford makes but you are leaving them with a Pinto (google ford pinto for more info).

Yes, a pinto will get you from point "A" to point "B" just as well as the top of the line vehicle, but it IS NOT a top of the line vehicle that the customer has paid for.

Chris
07-13-2008, 10:39 AM
Dj, Nobody is trying to tear you down or argue with you, just help you understand that there is more to being in business than just working quickly. You might do a good job but these people are trying to keep you on the right track and you are not seeing it that way.

A lot of people want to see you succeed and hope you do so they are trying to give you advice, whether or not you listen is up to you.

There are many reasons to rinse but if you choose not to, that is up to you.

The people here just don't want to see you fail or turn into the lowballer or the conman as it can happen easily with making money quickly, you take a shortcut here then there and then one day you are taking shortcuts all the time. I have seen some good tree and yard care companies go out of business because they were bragging how much money they made and how fast then they wanted to go faster so then came the shortcuts and then more and then they were doing a half-assed job and started losing customers.

They are trying to prevent you from going down that road as it looks like a regular road sometimes.

Whether you listen to them is up to you, the guys here have been cleaning roofs way longer than you or I and I try to listen to them as much as I can.

I hear what you are saying Philip. I feel your pain. hahaha

Good Luck Dj on what you decide to do, hope it works out in the long run.

Peerless
07-13-2008, 11:08 AM
Scrappy,

Great job with the roof cleaning.

You know what is a good complete roof cleaning vs a half assed bleach job.
Scrappy, as you know, roof cleaning is a DYNAMIC situation. Would you leave a chemical designed to kill plants up above a hibiscus or star Jasmin? HELL NO! Would you leave that same chem above an area with gutters and a big bed of weeds for a garden? Thats up to you. The topics being batted around here come from experience IMO, thats all. That is all roof cleaning is...

We cleaned over 45,000 square feet of roofing surface last week and each job was different.
Everybody has a method to the madness. Many of these people are very successful biz owners and can give you a perception that you or I can't see. That is all you should take from this thread bro.

I laugh hysterically when somebody tries to say that roof cleaning must be done by "x" way.
You are spraying a simple bleach based soap on a roof to clean mold! All you have to do is perform a good job!

You don't see people saying you are cleaning your bathroom wrong when you spray bleach do you?
Tell them (in your head of course) to go sit on a rusty nail and go collect your paper my man.

All we do is the work that the rich or incapable will not do because it is too dangerous.
This is simple, simple, I will say it again SIMPLE trade we are using to make a living. It's just dangerous, that's all.

Last week we were cleaning a roof and a mother was up on the roof cleaning with a pump up sprayer and clorox. I watched her as she cleaned the gutters and applied the bleach and rinsed with a garden hose.
We were done before her naturally because we are equipped thats all. She did the same damn thing basically. I spoke with her afterwords and she said they didn't have the extra cash and decided to do it herself. Her roof looks like a pro did it.

good luck scrappy,
Thomas

ALL SURFACE
07-13-2008, 11:57 AM
DJ, as long as the customer knows ahead of time what procedure you are using to clean his/her roof then that is what they will be expecting. It amazes me how you can put 3-4 people in a room for a discusion and you will always find those who don't agree. If you don't rinse they want to know why!! If you said you do rinse all you roofs then others would want to know why your wasting your time. I for one do not rinse unless it is for a paint prep on a roof or there are real expensive bushes or plant that could possibly be in question and there are no gutters. Even then I only rinse from the ground over those areas. Listen to the ones who have been doing roofs for a long time and have had great results. Chris does not rinse and he is the largest roof cleaning company in this area. He does 3-4 roofs a day and never has any problems and his customers know what to expect from his services. They continue to call him back for repeat buisiness every few years and he has a great repeat customer base. If he were doing something wrong by not rinsing I don't believe he would get the repeat buisiness. Just continue doing as you are... You will be fine! :thumbsup:

scrappy
07-13-2008, 01:24 PM
thanks larry and thomas

I know what works for me :thumbsup:

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-13-2008, 02:35 PM
And so, on and on goes the rinse vs not rinse debate.
I HOPE it never gets "settled" >:D
It provides good "entertainment", and sure lights up a dead board :thumbsup:
It looks like a "My football team can beat your football teams butt" type of thread.
Hey, SPEAKING of that, Give it UP for Forrest Griffin beating Rampage Jackson in UFC last week :confused:

I mean, in between this rinse vs not rinse thread, did anyone watch UFC ?

scrappy
07-13-2008, 02:46 PM
i thought it could have been a better fight but it was pretty good ,. . . . never like to see it go to a decision though

and as far as lighting it up

would your ever expect and less from Scrappy ;)

I love you guys!

Don M.
07-13-2008, 03:10 PM
okay im really about to explode . . .did you all ridicule mr ford because he invented the assembly line???? is he a hack . . . .

man you know what im over it this is stupid . . . . i come on here and try to show you all how to MAKE MORE $$$$$ and you know what you say i got the old fart glasses on but you know what maybe you alll have the young gun glasses on . .. .

I don't care there is always gonna be people trying to tear me down and you know what it only makes me stronger

Go wipe your ass with it while your at it.

A-PLUS
07-13-2008, 03:13 PM
And you thought Don didn't like you.

He's telling you how to cover your a$$. LOL

ALL SURFACE
07-13-2008, 03:30 PM

Go wipe your ass with it while your at it.
WOW!!! I sense hostility...Whats up with the attack? Did I miss something? :confused:

JC
07-13-2008, 03:35 PM
One guy getting pissed is not a fight... Scrappy cant handle the criticisms and seems to be have a temper tantrum. Nobody else is upset :confused:

Don M.
07-13-2008, 03:41 PM
This has been brewing for the last several months...

First, I have been doing this for three years or so, and I dont know jack about the pw business, and I am still learning everyday. I've done several roofs, but I'm not on here telling Apple, telling Larry, telling whoever thats been doing it WAY longer than what I have to rinse or not to rinse, or whatever.

Yeah, I'm hostile. This fricking kid comes on the scene in less than a year and thinks he's a fucking know it all. He just another landscaping kid that thought he'd make an extra few dollars pressure washing. Now god bless him, he is out doing doing Rallys and stuff like that and thats fine, but dont come on here telling guys that were doing this before you were born how to do things.

And another thing, dont ever hijack one of my threads again. I dont know what your fucking point was posting 15 pictures in my trademarking thread, then taking them out. Every time I say something about something you did, you go and pull it. Just like you did over on Ron's board when I called you out about what you wrote about "Ant pulling the trigga".

amen
07-13-2008, 03:51 PM
scrappy I am one of the young guns i like to try my own stuff.......And play with chems you will not win on this.......I have learned to sit back and listen. and i still do what others said dont work but. and i stay verry busy for a punk not in the biz long......and trust me i see 10 or 12 pwers a day....do what you have to do bro.....and my prices are now higher than most... sell your self.......keep up the good work

scrappy
07-13-2008, 04:43 PM
This has been brewing for the last several months...

First, I have been doing this for three years or so, and I dont know jack WOW 3 YEARS AND YOU STILL DON'T KNOW JACK. . . MAYBE ITS JEALOUSY :confused: HMMabout the pw business, and I am still learning everyday. I've done several roofs, but I'm not on here telling Apple, telling Larry, telling whoever thats been doing it WAY longer than what I have to rinse or not to rinse, or whatever.

Yeah, I'm hostile. This fricking kid comes on the scene in less than a year and thinks he's a fucking know it all. He just another landscaping kid that thought he'd make an extra few dollars pressure washing. Now god bless him, he is out doing doing Rallys and stuff like that and thats fine, but dont come on here telling guys that were doing this before you were born how to do things.

And another thing, dont ever hijack one of my threads again. I dont know what your fucking point was posting 15 pictures in my trademarking thread, then taking them out. Every time I say something about something you did, you go and pull it. Just like you did over on Ron's board when I called you out about what you wrote about "Ant pulling the trigga".

Look BRA ,

I don't know what your deal is for real but you need to back off. For one i'm not trying to tell any one how to do anything i simply posted pictures of a roof i did . . .point blank then we started debating about rinsing and not rinsing

I'm not some KID that thinks i fucking know it all man and im not just some landscaper either. Maybe you should get your facts straight before you start running mouth to me for real!

And as far as the thread high jacking goes . . .go change your freaking diaper bro . . .

Don M.
07-13-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm not jealous about nothing cocksucker.

Your the one that needs their diaper changed. Like I said, your nothing but a young fucking punk.

scrappy
07-13-2008, 05:40 PM
Dude what is your deal for real????

What did i ever do to you?

Did steal your customers . . . NO

Did i talk bad about you . . .NO

all i can think of is that thread high jack but big freaking deal!!!

I dunno what you think your doing mouthing off to me does that make you feel big ???

OOOOO look at me im big bad Donny M im gonna cuss out DJ cause he is twenty

Hears your cookie. . . . good job buddy . . . got any more fire to throw my way??? How bout some momma jokes or better yet something about me being young and dumb or better yet how bout i cuss you out for high jacking my thread . . . that seems to be your logic

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk98/alyssa_mia_1995/cookie.jpg

rickmoore45
07-13-2008, 06:06 PM
I say do what works for you and your customer. One thing to remember,
don't let you head get too big. Money is good, but you can't get greedy.
Greed will kill your business without a doubt.

offdutyfireman
07-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Could we cut down on the vulgarity. You never know what potential new customer is reading this.

scrappy
07-13-2008, 06:33 PM
ya Donny stop it

Thad
07-13-2008, 06:35 PM
I don't think MY potential new customers care what Don calls DJ.
Some of them might even agree with him :lol: but I agree with the sentiment.

I think this thread just Went Wild.
:lol: :lol:

Squirtgun
07-13-2008, 06:35 PM
This is better than watchin 2 fat kids fight over the last piece of cake :lol:

A-PLUS
07-13-2008, 06:36 PM
I like cake.

Squirtgun
07-13-2008, 06:38 PM
I like cake.

I thought you liked beer.

pwkid
07-13-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm fat and I love cake. Carrot cake is my favorite.

pwkid
07-13-2008, 06:40 PM
Just when I thought nuttin was happening on da boards.

A-PLUS
07-13-2008, 06:40 PM
Beer and cake, the diet of champions. LOL

amen
07-13-2008, 06:42 PM
this thread will get wild when doolittle gets on....... phil up phil up phil up

pwkid
07-13-2008, 06:54 PM
I have been doing roofs for over 9 years in one of the toughest roof cleaning markets in the country. I am sure Chris Tucker will agree with me. I would love to spray and forget but what I have found is the majority of roofs I do look 100% better when we rinse. We rinse all shingles and most tile roofs. I look at it as ,would we spray chemical on an exterior of a house without rinsing it? I will not condemn anyone for not rinsing but I highly recommend it. Thank you Thank you Very much. Elvis has left the building.

amen
07-13-2008, 06:59 PM
well with all the rain we have got i didnt rinse 2 roofs this week.....it rain at 5oclock everyday.........but i do a house wash with all my roofs........so i work for the $$$$$$

Squirtgun
07-13-2008, 07:00 PM

Phillip has alreay left the building.

Chris
07-13-2008, 07:36 PM
I always heard that it rains in part of Florida around 3pm, guess there is a little truth to that.

Last year when I took the kids to Disney World, it rained some the last day or so, we were lucky.

I like Beer and cake, sometimes carrot cake but mostly chocolate and strawberry.

Ok, back to the bickering.

Ding Ding Ding.

ALL SURFACE
07-13-2008, 07:48 PM
I love all sorts of cake. You can tell by looking at me! LOL. I also love Germain chocolate cake. I hope that doesn't make me a Nazi.........I used to like beer! No wait... I used to love beer! I used to love hard liquor. I used to also love hard drugs. Now I love being clean and sober. I love my wife. I love my cats. I do not love Bills. I love money. I love my parents. (God bless their souls.) I love freedom. I do not love someone telling me what to do. I love cookies. I love sun. I love rain. I love my family. I do not love gas prices. I love PWING. I love not rinsing! (My choice.) :thumbsup: I love this board. I love all of you! :)

amen
07-13-2008, 08:08 PM
I LOVE YOU MAN>>>>

Chris
07-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Good that you love so much Larry!

I forgot about the German Chocolate cake, that is so good!

Cookies are good too. Forgot about those too.

Glad you are reminding me of those, I am getting hungry. hahaha

Squirtgun
07-13-2008, 08:09 PM
I love all sorts of cake. You can tell by looking at me! LOL. I also love Germain chocolate cake. I hope that doesn't make me a Nazi.........I used to like beer! No wait... I used to love beer! I used to love hard liquor. I used to also love hard drugs. Now I love being clean and sober. I love my wife. I love my cats. I do not love Bills. I love money. I love my parents. (God bless their souls.) I love freedom. I do not love someone telling me what to do. I love cookies. I love sun. I love rain. I love my family. I do not love gas prices. I love PWING. I love not rinsing! (My choice.) :thumbsup: I love this board. I love all of you! :)

Just 1 step to far.

pwkid
07-13-2008, 08:18 PM
If you can get away without rinsing, then by all means go for it. My customers expect more from me.

McIntoshWorks
07-13-2008, 08:19 PM
As a teacher of music, I use to love going classroom to classroom on party days and seeing what all the kids moms brought. Gotta tell I am addicted to cupcakes with sprinkle and cream cheese icing. :P
Sometime if you are lucky you can see some pretty delicious moms too. :thumbsup:

ALL SURFACE
07-13-2008, 08:23 PM
As a teacher of music, I use to love going classroom to classroom on party days and seeing what all the kids moms brought. Gotta tell I am addicted to cupcakes with sprinkle and cream cheese icing. :P
Sometime if you are lucky you can see some pretty delicious moms too. :thumbsup:

MILF LOL :P :lol:

ALL SURFACE
07-13-2008, 08:27 PM
If you can get away without rinsing, then by all means go for it. My customers expect more from me.

Like I said earlier. You explain the cleaning procedure to them( new customers ) or the new way you've learned how to do it( previous customers ) and that is what they will expect. Under promise and over deliver but never the other way around.

I love almost everyone! :D

pwkid
07-13-2008, 08:36 PM
My customers do not care about all that. They care about the cleanest results that I can provide. I tell you what, wash your car with soap and not rinse,tell me your results.

scrappy
07-13-2008, 08:40 PM
your comparing apples to oranges

its not a roof wash its a low pressure chemical application

just like spraying for weeds in your lawn your spraying for weeds on the roof

IMO

scrappy
I love you Larry!

ALL SURFACE
OK!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://news.cnet.com/8301-11128_3-9833530-54.html?hhTest=1

FCPWLLC
07-13-2008, 08:46 PM
I know both of these guys. Don and DJ. This hands down is a result of how we all read the words written on the internet. DJ Doesn't do this in person nor does Don. I'm gonna get 'em at a RT together and whip both thier asses for being this unprofessional on the board. Don, DJ is a good guy. DJ, Don is a good guy/father. Both you are at different stages in life/business and look at things slightly different. Those of us with families look at business/competitors/industry different than the single, no major responsibility guys look at it.

Chiil out guys and focus on your business. This is a strange economy for some and we need to understand that. Some are struggling in thier areas and some are not. Some NEED to work and some don't. It's frustrating.

Johnson
07-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Bobs not gonna be happy when he sees all this :no: :no: :o

ALL SURFACE
07-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Dam Mike,,, You just ruined all the fun but you are right. Very nicely put. :thumbsup:

pwkid
07-13-2008, 09:29 PM
If you tell the customer that when you are done it will be clean after a few rainfalls and they are happy with that then so be it. I use these BBS to learn and SOMETIMES educate but obviously you are well educated and need not learn. I really wish 9 years ago there was so many people that I could learn from. The bottom line is if your making money and your customers are happy, then maybe you should TEACH the rest of us LOWBALLING HACK ROOF CLEANING PARASITES how to Come to KY and make A living.

ALL SURFACE
07-13-2008, 09:40 PM
If you tell the customer that when you are done it will be clean after a few rainfalls and they are happy with that then so be it. I use these BBS to learn and SOMETIMES educate but obviously you are well educated and need not learn. I really wish 9 years ago there was so many people that I could learn from. The bottom line is if your making money and your customers are happy, then maybe you should TEACH the rest of us LOWBALLING HACK ROOF CLEANING PARASITES how to Come to KY and make A living.

Not sure who your post was pertaining to but I can and will only speak for myself.....There is always something new to learn in this industry. That is one of the reasons I too come to these boards.(besides the entertainment. lol) I may not ask many questions mainly because I use the search button or I will check on google or I will call one of the guys on these boards that I know will direct me in the right direction without 25 different opinions. No one knows it all and we all learn something new just about every day. I love the bbs!

pwkid
07-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Awesome Larry, I hope all is good in ST PETE.

amen
07-13-2008, 09:58 PM
very true larry if it were not for this board i would not be where i am at in the game.....PT ROCKS

amen
07-13-2008, 10:17 PM
miss universe is on cyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a :P

4000PSI
07-13-2008, 10:37 PM

Phillip has alreay left the building.

Yep. Said my piece, tried to help. Rock on Scrappy...

JFife
07-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Bobs not gonna be happy when he sees all this :no: :no: :o

....Someone needs to tell Bob that it's not fair that the roof guys have two forums :D

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-14-2008, 12:28 AM
Could we cut down on the vulgarity. You never know what potential new customer is reading this.

GUESS where THIS thread is going when Mr Williamson see's it, give you ONE guess ?

ALL SURFACE
07-14-2008, 12:41 AM

GUESS where THIS thread is going when Mr Williamson see's it, give you ONE guess ?

Quick before he gets back, Maybe we can hide it.............. :cool: I didn't see anything,,,,, did you Bill? Nope! Nothin to see here..... ;)

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-14-2008, 12:44 AM

Quick before he gets back, Maybe we can hide it.............. :cool: I didn't see anything,,,,, did you Bill? Nope! Nothin to see here..... ;)

Well, even IF it goes to "Threads Gone Wild" here is some good info to show hat IF you rinse, you need to leave it on for some time.

Mildew is one of the most common and
persistent causes of house paint failure.A
mold that thrives in damp, dark areas, mildew
is actually an airborne bacteria and can land
and grow anywhere. Mildew must be removed
before painting or the mildew will grow right
through the paint film. Mildew resistant paints
resist mildew on the painted surface. If the
mildew is growing from underneath the paint
film, it cannot perform as effectively.
Chlorine bleach can kill mildew. But the
contact time for bleach to effectively kill
mildew is greater than one hour.This means
the bleach and water solution must remain
on the surface for one hour. If you can
imagine the exterior of a house which is
primarily vertical it is virtually impossible to
achieve that kind of contact time with a
bleach and water solution.
Bleach can also be deceiving the black
spots of the mildew area easily "whitened"
out by the bleach, making it appear that the
mildew is destroyed. However, mildew
organisms can still be alive and will grow
through the next freshly applied paint film.

McIntoshWorks
07-14-2008, 03:10 AM
So here in Tennesse right now we are begging for some rain. The corn and beans are drying out badly. But the one time I was in Florida and the one time I was in S.C. I distinctly remember it rained really hard everyday I was there. But it only did it for like 30 minutes. So if you don't rinse, what happens if it doesn't rain anytime soon? Just curious.

Dynamic Roof Cleaning
07-14-2008, 04:09 AM
Ok. I can't believe I am the only one who noticed this, but look at Scrappy's "after" pictures again. This roof is DAMAGED. You can see the black spots in the asphalt mat where the granules USED to be. He recognizes these areas of the roof as damaged and states:

"The lichen and algae had actually started eating away at the granules on the far end of the roof"

Lichens and algae don't feed on ceramic granules. They feed on the limestone filler that is mixed with the asphalt. The limestone filler and asphalt mix is then impregnated onto the fiberglass mat and the ceramic granules are added for surfacing.

This feeding on the limestone filler does not harm the shingles in any way other than cosmetically (regardless of what you may or may not tell your customer).

So how in the did this roof get damaged? My guess is someone tried to remove the lichen before it was fully dead. Lichens have a much better root system than glo-cap or simple mosses. From my experience and what I have read on other boards, if you don't give lichens a week or so (sometime longer) to fully die (and thereby give up their hold on the shingles) when you try to remove it, it rips the granules off with it.

We know good ol Scrappy can't wait a whole week to do the job right! He's got to be done and out in 45 minutes with check in hand!

Oh and don't feed me the o'l Homer Simpson "It was like that when I got here" line. I'm not buying that one either.

Bob Williamson
07-14-2008, 07:36 AM
:eek:
I agree with Michael K. Scrappy and Don are both good guys. "Can't we just all get along."

plainpainter
07-14-2008, 08:57 AM
I haven't yet done any roofs - god knows in this New England Economy, if I bought the roof bandit - it would collect dust this year. But putting that strong a bleach solution on roofs - I would be petrified of leaving it on, only for the sake that everyone in this area plants tons of flower beds along the drip line. And most gutters are clogged most of the time - so they wouldn't help either. But I have to say - I am pretty jealous of this kid, D.J. I've been in business, painting, for myself 5 years - been doing pressure washing on a professional level for over a year now - have been trying all forms of marketing and advertizing - and barely have a pot to piss in this year.

Chris
07-14-2008, 10:56 AM
The few times I have done a roof that had moss, lichen and GM on it, I let them know that it needs to be killed first then in another trip or two I will be able to gently remove the dead stuff if it has not already blown away and then I will finish cleaning the roof.

Each time a strong roof mix did the job and most of it was gone in like a week, I would not try to remove it before it was dead because it is growing into the shingles and you will damage the shingles if you remove it before it is dead.

You have to be careful, kill the moss and lichens and later on finish the job, you can't rush a roof with moss or lichens.

4000PSI
07-14-2008, 11:09 AM
The few times I have done a roof that had moss, lichen and GM on it, I let them know that it needs to be killed first then in another trip or two I will be able to gently remove the dead stuff if it has not already blown away and then I will finish cleaning the roof.

Each time a strong roof mix did the job and most of it was gone in like a week, I would not try to remove it before it was dead because it is growing into the shingles and you will damage the shingles if you remove it before it is dead.

You have to be careful, kill the moss and lichens and later on finish the job, you can't rush a roof with moss or lichens.

Dead on. A moss garden is one case where I don't rinse (that day). Chem it, wait a week and let those roots dry up and fall off, come back (this is important) and finish the job.

douseahouse
07-14-2008, 12:10 PM
alot may depend on what your mix consists of. some of us may use more detergent than others and that can cause the roof not to dry uniformly. if i do not rinse and want to leave before the roof is dry then i have no honest idea what the final product is going to look like. i have more confidence in my work if i rinse but i will admit that there have been some situations when rinsing was not required.

to each his own,

rando

Bryan C
07-14-2008, 03:36 PM
DJ -

For what it is worth, you do come here and stir the pot. Just like a typical 18-year-old (or however old you are). Just run your business the way you want and refrain from telling others how to do things and you will avoid the confrontations.

JMO. Now back to regular scheduled programming...

bigchaz
07-14-2008, 04:45 PM
DJ you probably could avoid a lot of problems just keeping your age to yourself. I'm 20 too... but I dont waste time telling people that. I go out and perform quality work the same way 30,40, and 50 year olds do.

ALL SURFACE
07-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Charlie,,,,You can still do the work of guys that are 20 years younger than you? :eek:

vlad
07-14-2008, 06:21 PM
I was thinking is there any risk to damage gutters.All runoff chem collects inside gutter and stays there till rein flash them out.
What will 3-6 % SH will do to the gutters .
Thanks. Vlad.

amen
07-14-2008, 06:24 PM
clean emm

FCPWLLC
07-14-2008, 06:29 PM
clean emm

How true. LOL

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-14-2008, 06:37 PM
clean emm

How true. LOL

Mike, check out the stolen roof cleaning pictures thread here on roof forum ?
They ripped me, YOU, and some others off.

Clear Shine Maintenance
07-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Ok, maybe Chris can answer the question thats been asked a few times, but is there any harm to the shingles by leaving the mix on the roof if it doesnt get any rain for a week or two? I would like to know the answer to that too... I did 2 roofs yesterday and I did a quick rinse on the one (looked real good) and then I did not rinse the other...any harm if it doesn't rain in the next 2 weeks???

Clear Shine Maintenance
07-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Sorry Bob, I didnt read your do not post in the "gone Wild" threads...I will start a new one...

Bob Williamson
07-15-2008, 12:06 PM
You can post, but don't start new threads.

4000PSI
07-15-2008, 12:32 PM
You can post, but don't start new threads.

<bad monty python impression>
I've got it now. Only to start new threads, but never posting.
</bad monty python impression>

Clear Shine Maintenance
07-15-2008, 01:26 PM
OK, i got it now...I started a new thread on the question I have...but I started it not to debate the rinsing or not rinsing, but to find out what, if any, damge can occur if the mix is left on for several weeks with no rain...If that thread bob is in this same category and is not permitted, please delete the thread...

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-16-2008, 12:15 AM
My company has done well over ten thousand roofs, some rinsed, others not.
I have also done thousands of roofs twice in their lifetime.
NEVER have I saw any damage from "not rinsing".
There is no such thing as "not rinsing"
The only question is rinsing THAT day, or waiting for the rain to do it for you.
We do it both ways, depending on the situation, every job is evaluated.

Bryan C
09-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Hey Scrappy -

WTF is up with the gangsta-wanna-be avatar? I thought you were trying to be a little more professional - ditching "Scrappy PW", a half way decent website etc.

Everything you post or put up of yourself screams immature 18 year old. Not trying to start a pissing match with you, but all I hear out of you is "I landed this", "I landed that". I don't care where you work, and if you feel the need to come work in Indy, like you keep promising me, don't ever associate your company with mine. I wouldn't throw a roof lead if my life depended on it.

I use to like to come to these boards, but now I have to read your BS everywhere, so I guess it is time to move on...

scrappy
09-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Are you flipping kidding me???? Wow you really are an a$$ you know i tried to kinda fix the beef we had before the MI RT but you know what screw it . . . and maybe some one is jealous??? I'm working on a HUGE bid for a shopping center up there and was actually gonna ask you and a couple other guys from up there if you all wanted in if i landed it but not now. You know you really show how much of a D-Bag you are! You put that i act like a immature 18 year old but who was asking about 100 house washes in MI . . .oh ya that was you . . . Who was sitting in the back and not at the front . . . oh ya once again you! . . .who had caught the eye of the industry leaders and is about to start kicking a$$. . . oh ya (whoops) that one isn't you . . . I don't know where you get off bitching at me . . . why don't you go some where else and quit worrying about me. . .

PS if any one is wondering about the whole roof comment . . .i ask brian a while back about doing roofs in indy and i asked if he didn't if he wouldn't mind referring me and i would do the same for any decks or house washes i ran into up there. I'm a firm believer in networking and for Brian to come out and bust my balls about my gangsta-wanna-be avatar is almost as ridiculous as the picture . . . .ITS A JOKE DUDE!!!! look at the PW gun!!!! Wow some peope need a zanny bar!

scrappy
09-05-2008, 02:25 PM
PS when i DO expand to Indy don't warry the only association with your company i will want is to tell my customer "ya it sure is a nice set up isn't it . . . I bought it from hydro blast when i put em out of business!!"

And if you don't believe the I landed this I landed that . . . thats gonna be your problem because you will be even more shocked when you pull out of your drive one morning and an EasyPro Property Service Crew is mowing the lawn across the street and another is power washing the house down the road!!!

DON'T PLAY WITH FIRE BRA YOU MIGHT GET BURNT!

Bryan C
09-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Listen Dick -

You are a young, immature punk. Yes, punk. Mow all the grass you want to dude. Post all the "I land this" crap you want. Come work here. It is a free country - work wherever you want to. You want to be a know-it-all? Fine.

I don't compete with the Scrappys of this world. My customers can see through the wanna-be's and the tough guys like you. Most of them would probably want to see you swallow your teeth too.

Do yourself a favor. Quit posting about how great you are. Quit posting tough guy pictures. Quit sending me crap like I would actually want a part of your work or a cut.

You are a joke. End of story.

scrappy
09-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Listen Dick -

You are a young, immature punk. Yes, punk. Mow all the grass you want to dude. Post all the "I land this" crap you want. Come work here. It is a free country - work wherever you want to. You want to be a know-it-all? Fine.

I don't compete with the Scrappys of this world. My customers can see through the wanna-be's and the tough guys like you. Most of them would probably want to see you swallow your teeth too.

Do yourself a favor. Quit posting about how great you are. Quit posting tough guy pictures. Quit sending me crap like I would actually want a part of your work or a cut.

You are a joke. End of story.

What is it that makes me so inferior to you brian ??? honestly ??? is it my age ?? What were you doing at age 20 . . were you as successful as I am at age 20 . . .im guessing probably not . . .and no its not the end of story . . . I will not let some one that knows just as much as i do but may not have the drive that i do be little me or talk down to me. . . I WILL be successful, I AM successful. You wouldn't want a cut of my work aye? now who is billy bad ass? Mr. I'm too good to work under som 20 year old kid huh? Money is money and thats what so many don't understand. I have alot of good friends from these boards that are viewed WAY above your status that wouldn't be bothered a bit to hop in on a job with me!!! I do believe you are truly jealous of what i have done for my self in such a short time . . . do i clown around? ya do i post funny pictures? sure i do who doesn't? but you know i would rather have fun and build relationships with the guys on here then be view as a stick in the mud, trying to act cool, can't hold your own so you have to talk down to a young gun, d-bag!

Get a flippin life man !!!

Bryan C
09-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Dude -

I don't care if you were 18 or 90 - your posts are wearing thin. Your constant "Look At Me" shit gets old. Your stupid "Tough Guy In Sunglasses" pics are tired. You wanna be successful? Act like a adult.

Mow all the grass you want. Wash all the shopping centers you want. Good for you. Just stop posting about how great and successful you are. Jealous? No, far from jealous loser. I will never be jealous of a guy that calls himself Scrappy.

I just get tired of coming here and having to read your weak shit on a daily basis. As far as the others on here - I can't speak for them, but I am sure there are a handful that wouldn't mind seeing you get a blanket party.

I'm done with you. Go take another cool picture of yourself - maybe throw up some gang signs or something..

scrappy
09-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Dude -

I don't care if you were 18 or 90 - your posts are wearing thin.stop reading em Your constant "Look At Me" shit gets old. Like i said jealous! Do the successful guys complain? no they are happy for me . . .hmm makes ya think Your stupid "Tough Guy In Sunglasses" pics are tired. really cause your mom picked em out . . she said they were kinda sexy You wanna be successful? sure do and i'll have fun and joke around on my way to the top Act like a adult. pot calling the kettle black ???

Mow all the grass you want.i will Wash all the shopping centers you want. i will Good for you. thanks maybe there is hope that you are not a total d-bagJust stop posting about how great and successful you are. never mind :thumbsdown:Jealous? No, far from jealous loser. I'm confused ? your not jealous , your a far from jealous loser? hmm i wouldn't admit that I will never be jealous of a guy that calls himself Scrappy.That was the business name and i had nothing to do with that . . .i have sense then changed my name thanks

I just get tired of coming here and having to read your weak shit on a daily basis. Damn didn't know making money and closing commercial accounts was weak. . . I think your alone on that logic budro As far as the others on here - I can't speak for them, but I am sure there are a handful that wouldn't mind seeing you get a blanket party. That sounds fun maybe we can invite your mom again . . .she seems kinda fond of me!

I'm done with you. Good why did you every start? i never did shit to you Go take another cool picture of yourself - maybe throw up some gang signs or something..how bout i throw up some money signs instead

Like i said play with fire you get burnt. . . im not gonna take your shit you throw blows ill throw em back! >:D >:( >:D >:(

Jason
09-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Talking about Byrans Mom isn't too professional. :thumbsdown:

HotShot
09-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Dang, I'd hate to see what you guys that hate DJ say about me and my avatars :eek:

*start sarcasm*DJ, you really need to stop posting stuff about accounts you picked up though. You are going to hurt people's self-esteem. Don't you know that we are in dire economic times? Don't you know that you are way too young to have your own business and be successful at it? You need to fall in line with the gool ol boys and maybe, just maybe one of these days, they will throw you a bone when you are much older and more mature.

Stop making people look bad by being out there and working your butt off. Some of us can't do that stuff anymore, but we are the big dogs, so you need to learn your place ... :lol: *end sarcasm*

Brian, I don't know if you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or what, but dude... These boards are suppose to be a place where we contractors can come and tell our friends about this and that. Share our successes and failures. Get encouragement from other guys that have gone through what we are going through when things go wrong. Why can't DJ share his successes?

Personally, it's encouraging to me to see this young whipper-snapper out there handing it to the world on a daily basis. It motivates me because I'm SUPER competitive and I'm not the kind to sit back and let some inexperienced young man out do me. DJ is smart, has youth on his side, has a sense of humor and is a fireball when it comes to working. I can see why that is a problem for some, but if anybody plans on giving him a "sheet party", then they are gonna have to try and give us both one, because he has the kind of character that I admire and I would be right there to stick up for him.

I don't know what you guys have a beef about and frankly it's none of my business. I don't have a problem with either of you. I just thought it was wrong to lash out at DJ over something so silly as avatars, or joking around or picking up accounts. My goodness, you guys could say the same thing about me...as a matter of fact some of you did on another board when I mentioned I did 109K worth of business my first full year....by myself as a kitchen exhaust cleaner!!! So I kinda have some empathy for DJ cause I know where he's coming from.

scrappy
09-06-2008, 12:20 AM
thanks Ant :thumbsup:

David Potter
09-06-2008, 01:30 AM
Im still lost
:P

JC
09-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Ant your avatar does suck :P

HotShot
09-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Jim, you're just jealous of my mad photoshopping skills :D

Barry M
09-06-2008, 07:13 PM
D.J. and Bryan maybe you two could team up together. :thumbsup:

HotShot
09-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Bahahahahahah....

JC
09-06-2008, 08:12 PM
D.J. and Bryan maybe you two could team up together. :thumbsup:

thats perfect :lol: :lol: :lol:

scrappy
09-06-2008, 08:16 PM
DUDE ARE YOU PRESSURE WASHING A ROOF ON YOUR WEB SITE :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

pwkid
09-06-2008, 08:40 PM
This sounds like a Florida roof cleaning thread, lol. :cool: :cool:

scrappy
09-06-2008, 08:48 PM
how in the hell did that post get here???? I mean for that to go in the resi hot vs cold thread :confused: oh well lol

gr8white
09-06-2008, 09:26 PM
DUDE ARE YOU PRESSURE WASHING A ROOF ON YOUR WEB SITE :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Who is pressure washing a roof :confused: :confused:

scrappy
09-06-2008, 09:32 PM
on Guy's web site it has some one pressure washing a roof. . . www.pressurekleen.com

gr8white
09-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Oh DANG...That's no good :thumbsdown:

JC
09-07-2008, 08:27 AM
I couldnt find the pic, is it gone now?

gr8white
09-07-2008, 12:30 PM
I couldnt find the pic, is it gone now?

Bottom left corner http://www.pressurekleen.net/

Kory
09-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Im sorry guys but I did not see one post were DJ said anyone had to Rinse or not rinse a roof. He simply posted work he was proud of. Some of you are so set in your "its my way or the highway" its re-dick-u-lous. Each of us has a way of doing things. We all see doing thing differently. So when someone posts something and you want to reply, use THE GOLDEN RULE your parents taught you. Im sure there are 5 good reasons to not rinse as others can give 5 why you should rinse. Different parts of the country require different methods and priceing. It seems like every other post is an attack on someone else on all of the BBS. People please realize when you post a reply how it can come off. Instead of saying "you need to rinse" simply say I use this method or what works best for me is to do....... or bite your tounge.

DJ keep after it! Your only invisible for a short time make the best of it.

P.s I Seldom rinse and my customers are ok with it. They do see the instant results so they know they were not con'd. And they know if need be I will come back and make it right because thats the level of customer service I sell.

ALL SURFACE
09-07-2008, 03:05 PM
WOW! Thats scary Kory,,,,You and I are way to alike...LOL. :thumbsup: :)

Jon Chapman
09-07-2008, 03:59 PM
you and Kory arent anything alike, Larry. Kory is as clean cut and baby faced as they come. You on the other hand, we'll I'll let the readers fill in the blanks. :P

ALL SURFACE
09-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Jon, I never said we looked alike. :eek: I meant we think alike. LOL...But as far as looks and being clean cut goes we can leave that up to everyone else to decide. :thumbsup: LOL... Here is a pic from a beach wedding that the wife and I went to yesturday. The cerimony was held on Indian Rocks Beach and the reception was over at the the Holiday Inn Harborside. We had a real nice time. Been awile since I went to a wedding. The guy with the long hair and scruffy beard and tattered clothes on the right is me. :D

amen
09-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Jon, I never said we looked alike. :eek: I meant we think alike. LOL...But as far as looks and being clean cut goes we can leave that up to everyone else to decide. :thumbsup: LOL... Here is a pic from a beach wedding that the wife and I went to yesturday. The cerimony was held on Indian Rocks Beach and the reception was over at the the Holiday Inn Harborside. We had a real nice time. Been awile since I went to a wedding. The guy with the long hair and scruffy beard and tattered clothes on the right is me. :D

lol thats where i got married tooooooooo.........nice place

Guy B
09-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Hey Scrap,

Thats me on the roof of my shop , just messing around , I would never use pressure on a roof!!
I've had many calls for roofs , but I'm not set-up for the correct way to clean them so I don't!

I'm bringing my rig to MB RT Bob said he'd take a look and give me some ideas on equipment
up-grade for roof washing.

gr8white
09-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Hey Scrap,

Thats me on the roof of my shop , just messing around , I would never use pressure on a roof!!
I've had many calls for roofs , but I'm not set-up for the correct way to clean them so I don't!

I'm bringing my rig to MB RT Bob said he'd take a look and give me some ideas on equipment
up-grade for roof washing.

you advertise cleaning roofs, have pictures doing it...but you don't :confused: :confused:

Guy B
09-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Yes! But like I said , I don't go after roof washing , not set-up for it .

Kory
09-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Damn Joe that fish is bigger than you

Jon Chapman
09-08-2008, 11:01 AM
The last time I saw you I remember you looking like this. You sure clean up well. :thumbsup:

Jeff
09-08-2008, 01:53 PM

Man you Florida guys sure like those funky shirts , you handsome dude you

Kory
09-08-2008, 03:23 PM
you and Kory arent anything alike, Larry. Kory is as clean cut and baby faced as they come. You on the other hand, we'll I'll let the readers fill in the blanks. :P

Thanks Jon Thats the nicest thing you have ever said about me. I Think :D

ALL SURFACE
09-08-2008, 07:19 PM
The last time I saw you I remember you looking like this. You sure clean up well. :thumbsup:

Jon, That picture was taken of me when I was 30lbs lighter and still drinking. My hair wasn't the only thing that was out of control back then! LOL :D :thumbsup:

ALL SURFACE
09-08-2008, 07:22 PM

HEY! IT was a beach wedding. I only gots 2 shirts like that. :rolleyes: :whistle: LOL... Thanks for the compliment DUDE! :)

Man you Florida guys sure like those funky shirts , you handsome dude you

larry_davis@charter.net
09-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Okay, I've been gone for awhile, but I have to chime in on this thread.

I don't have any opinion on the rinse/ no rinse debate or the Scrappy/Marler fued. What I will say is that I have gained a measure of respect for Don. That is some serious trash talkin' brother! :thumbsup: I never saw that coming!

...and Scrappy...a blanket party is where a couple guys hold you down in your bunk under a blanket while some others whale on you. Ask anybody who's been in the military about it. Your reference makes no sense there.

You are about the same age as my son. I tell him that he can't know what he doesn't know, because he doesn't know it. I have no ill will towards you, but just understand that you will gain knowledge thorough life experience that can't be learned elsewhere. Keep an open mind. You will not be the same man at 40 that you are at 20, hopefully.

...in the end, do what works for you.

scrappy
09-10-2008, 08:16 PM
My dad was in the military so i know what a blanket party consist of . . . i meant it in a different way. :D

larry_davis@charter.net
09-11-2008, 01:41 PM
My dad was in the military so i know what a blanket party consist of . . . i meant it in a different way. :D

Okay, just checking!