PDA

View Full Version : 1/2" or 5/8" Delevan and why?

JC
07-18-2008, 10:24 AM
I need to order a Delevan SOON and want to get feedback on which on to get and why.. The 1/2" or the 5/8"??

I would have thought that 5/8" is better because its bigger and more flow is the way to go BUT most of the people I have talked to have the 1/2".... So I started this poll just to figure it all out

Chris
07-18-2008, 10:34 AM
I replied in your other thread but the Bandit I have has the 1/2" hose and it is great.

I would not spend the extra money to make it 5/8" unless the hose reel, gun and all fittings after the pump were 5/8" too otherwise you are going up/down in size in several places and I think you lose that small advantage.

JC
07-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Bob sells both the 1/2" and 5/8" models. Does the 5/8" have bigger, stronger guts then the 1/2" or just different size hose?

Bob Williamson
07-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Just the hose.

JC
07-18-2008, 11:13 AM
I am trying to get my chit together before I call you Bob..

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-18-2008, 11:14 AM
You got STEEP roofs up in Joisey, the 5/8 model is what I would go with.
My Titan Hose Reel is the biggest one they make.
It only has a 1/2 inch core.
I have had 300 feet of 1/2 inch hose on it, and 300 ft of 5/8 hose on it.
The bigger hose is better.

Yes, it would be better to have the hose reel 5/8 too, but the two feet of 1/2 inch material at the reels core is a small part of the TOTAL of 300 feet.

Chris is correct, it is better in a perfect world to have ALL pieces 5/8 after the pump if using 5/8 Hose.
I have BUGGED Titan Hose Reels to no end for a bigger reel inside core.

But the difference is pretty small if you do the math.

The equations show the loss of a system is made up by the total of it's parts.

Since the foot or so of a hose reels inner core represent a small fraction of the length of a 300 foot hose system, loss is not as bad as I once thought.

Now, HERE is where theory and practice differ.

We use Ball Valves with quick change nozzles attached as our "spray gun"

We used to use a 1/2 inch Ball Valve.
It broke one day, and all the plumbing supply place had was a 3/4 inch ball valve.
We used the bigger ball valve, and found it SHOT farther, and sprayed better!

The equations did NOT support this, so i was curious WTF was going on ?

I called up to Chicago to Spraying Systems, and asked for an Engineer.
The Engineer said the larger 3/4 ball valve had less TURBULENCE then the 1/2 inch valve.
The reduction in turbulence increased the mixture velocity, and so it shot farther.

All Seasons Exteriors
07-22-2008, 11:03 PM
According to the "Redneck Roof Cleaner" from pwi, this is better than the "mean green" garden hose that apple recommended and Michael K. and others reported having problems with.

http://kuriyama.thomasnet.com/viewitems/reinforced-air-and-water-hose/ies-k1154-k1156-general-purpose-pvc-air-water-hose?&forward=1

I'm sure someone will "guinea pig" it and report back with the good, bad and the ugly.

It makes more sense to not cut corners and go with one of these, but it's just my opinion.

http://www.pressuretek.com/clpotu.html

Bob provides a great site for everyone and they should support him for it. :thumbsup:

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 01:12 AM
According to the "Redneck Roof Cleaner" from pwi, this is better than the "mean green" garden hose that apple recommended and Michael K. and others reported having problems with.

http://kuriyama.thomasnet.com/viewitems/reinforced-air-and-water-hose/ies-k1154-k1156-general-purpose-pvc-air-water-hose?&forward=1

I'm sure someone will "guinea pig" it and report back with the good, bad and the ugly.

It makes more sense to not cut corners and go with one of these, but it's just my opinion.

http://www.pressuretek.com/clpotu.html

Bob provides a great site for everyone and they should support him for it. :thumbsup:

Interesting .....
WHERE is the Polybraid on YOUR set up :confused:
I don't see it here, and I didn't see it when you came to Tampa, and we ate at Smokey Bones ?
I saw Orange Ag Hose hooked to your John Blue Pump, remember ??
I can dig up the pic, if you like ?

We ALL know Ag Hose is good, but it isn't cheap.

Plus, it is STIFF as hell, especially when new.
A BIG consideration to those of us using large diameter hose to get the MOST out of our pumps.
Thus, I am always looking to improve my hose.

My network of roof cleaners Don includes many NOT "on the forums"
It is EASY for any fellow roof cleaner to find me, by doing a Google search for "roof cleaning"
We have a "habit" of popping up number one, been doing it for YEARS too, way before this, or ANY other forum was around, except Delco.

Over the years, I have taught MANY aspiring roof cleaners who found me, many who do NOT frequent these forums.
They report back in from time to time.
One of them was using the Mean Green with a 100 psi pump, and had luck with it.
So, we tried it.
I did tell some about it, and that we were TRYING it.
Some, wanting to try it too are STILL using it.

Like I said on another forum, I plan on building a roof cleaning truck just for me.
I WILL use Mean Green on MY truck because I Rinse my equipment out, and never run much over 80 PSI.
My guys Do not rinse, clean 3 to 5 roofs some days, many BIG TILE ROOFS, and run the piss out of our set up.
Not a week goes by I dont catch my pumps run up to 140 psi.

Under THIS torture, w/o any rinsing, using strong Tile Roof chemical, and over pressured, the Mean Green Lasted for a good while.

Don, you must understand we TEST stuff here at Apple, like Plastic Hose Reel Swivels,, pumps, hose, chemicals, and hose reels.
Mark from Titan called me last week to test a new powder coated hose reel
Manufacturers seek us out, and send us stuff to TEST.
Some want to take part in that testing.
If you wish to call it "being a guinea pig" thats YOUR spin.
We call it "Beta Testing"

Here are some pictures of stuff we have tested.
You will see Orange AG Hose on some reels, and Blue Goodyear Plyvic PVC Hose pictured as well.
I will post a picture of us USING Mean Green Hose as well.

Will you PLEASE post a pic for us showing you USING the Poly Braid you are suggesting we BUY from Bob ?

After all, if you are gonna "talk the talk" show us you "walking the walk"

[attachment deleted by admin]

scrappy
07-23-2008, 01:16 AM
Just buy the kit and you will have every thing you need . . . i posted over on PWI a $800 start up roof cleaning company shopping list . . . . its not top of the line or pretty just the bare essentials to get you on your way

http://www.propowerwash.com/board/upload/showthread.php?p=96019#post96019

hope this helps man

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 01:30 AM
The pictures posted are as follows Pic 1 - YOUR rig Don
Pic - 2 - Plastic Hose Reel Swivel Prototype From Mark At Titan
Pic - 3 - Blue Goodyear PVC Hose
Pic - 4 - Mean Green on one of my trucks :confused:

Here are some MORE testing pics, one shows us TESTING a new roof cleaning chemical additive WITH smell from a manufacturer I will NOT name on this board, out of respect.

Look at the DIFFERENT hose reel swivel we are testing on THIS Titan Reel.

The hose Dave the Redneck Roof Cleaner told us about is the same composition as the blue Goodyear in the top pic.
It is almost 1/2 the Price :thumbsup:
Dave uses a UDOR Aeta 40 Diapraghm pump, easily capable of 200 PSI at 10 GPM, cleans LOTS of roofs too.
He LIKES it, so I bought a spool.
I put MY money where MY Mouth is ;)

Jason
07-23-2008, 01:30 AM
Scraps,

:eek: $20 toggle switch? $120 Battery? Dang dude, where do you shop? They saw you coming! :lol:

My toggle was $4, battery $70, battery box $8

scrappy
07-23-2008, 01:44 AM
I DO IT BIG BRA !!!!! i was just covering my ass i would rather some one say that alot for a toggle switch rather than oh no see thats not enough for so and so . . . :thumbsup:

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 02:01 AM
Just buy the kit and you will have every thing you need . . . i posted over on PWI a $800 start up roof cleaning company shopping list . . . . its not top of the line or pretty just the bare essentials to get you on your way

http://www.propowerwash.com/board/upload/showthread.php?p=96019#post96019

hope this helps man

The set up you posted WILL work good Scrappy, but NOT as good as with 5/8 hose.
This "question" was settled LONG ago by science, myself, Larry Hinckley of Delco, Mike Sullivan of Pressurepros, and PROVEN for all to see by Tim Aselton.

You CAN "get away" with smaller diameter hose, on a low GPM pump like the SMALLER Delavan's and smaller Shurflo's.
But the MORE GPM a Pump has, the MORE pressure and flow loss in a Hose.
Making larger hose an even MORE Important consideration
WHY not do it right from the get go ?
Spend a BIT more, Make life easier on you, get done faster, and make your pumps life easier ?
WHY piss away pressure and flow in YOUR Pump because of someones well meaning, but misinformed opinion ?
I KNOW you meant well Bro on PWI !!!!
Just wanted to get someone "crying for roof cleaning" off his azz :thumbsup:
This is NOT a criticism of you in ANY way
But newbies read this stuff, and we SURE as heck don't want them to THINK small hose is "as good" as larger stuff.

IF you have a Bandit, John Blue, UDOR, Comet, or other pumps capable of higher pressure/flow then the Delavan, 1/2 inch will work, but 5/8 is still better.
But on a lower PSI pump with relatively high flow like a Delavan 5850, you can ill afford to lose any pressure, IF you want top performance, and longer life from your pump.' This is why we have always suggested 5/8 hose for these pumps.

Bob carries BOTH.

All Seasons Exteriors
07-23-2008, 03:00 AM
Actually, here's the real deal......No Ghetto-fabulous garden hose on either. The second pic is the chemical bandit with the same hose as we use..

You play like a broken record......and you're out of gas! ;)

All Seasons Exteriors
07-23-2008, 03:14 AM
We roll with class.

You don't!

Your posts are getting desperate....... :P :lol:

Leave it alone while you still can. :-[

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 03:22 AM
Actually, here's the real deal......No Ghetto-fabulous garden hose on either. The second pic is the chemical bandit with the same hose as we use..

You play like a broken record......and you're out of gas! ;)

NO POLYBRAID HOSE on YOUR Rig, LOL
Still waiting for the picture, viewers are "standing by"

All Seasons Exteriors
07-23-2008, 03:31 AM
Peerless told me you got childish when you were outed. :confused:

Your problems go wayyy beyond something as mundane as roof cleaning. :thumbsdown:

Classy pic too! :eek: :D :lol:

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 03:52 AM
We roll with class.

You don't!

Golly Gee, you got a VAN and a trailer, nice :)
We have had a FEW Roof Cleaning Rigs over the years.
So, I have a old "project truck" I bought cheap and never finished, you take pics of it, to "show" WHAT ?
Here are some of my finished trucks, they "roll" like they were designed to, to do WORK.
When roof cleaning Trucks/Rigs roll, and do a LOT of work, they look like it.
Pretty is as Pretty does.
MY trucks are designed to spray like male cats, not look "purty".

Let me KNOW when you have built this many roof cleaning rigs ?
And, let us ALL know where the pic is of the polybraid hose you just suggested to everyone on YOUR hose reel. :confused:
Viewers are "standing by" ;)

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 04:19 AM
Hey Don,
This Cigar is GOOD, had this bad boy in humidor for a year!
I thought this was a good time to smoke it :yes:
Sorry you don't like my display of the Titan Hose Reel Swivel Prototype :'(
It is the ONLY pic I have of it.
BEFORE I ever displayed it on ANY forum, it went to MY network of roof cleaners I have helped, over the years.
BEFORE there were any of these forums, except Delco
It was a private joke to my roof cleaning guys, basically saying "Ha Ha, look what I got"
In MY roof cleaning circles, we TEASE each other with our new roof cleaning stuff.
Cigar STILL going, tasting GOOD :thumbsup:

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 06:22 AM
Peerless told me you got childish when you were outed. :confused:

Your problems go wayyy beyond something as mundane as roof cleaning. :thumbsdown:

Classy pic too! :eek: :D :lol:

WOW, personal insults, instead of the PICTURE of Polybraid Hose our viewers are waiting for ?

plainpainter
07-23-2008, 07:27 AM
What is it with Phelps and Apple?

ALL SURFACE
07-23-2008, 09:21 AM

They are in love! :lol: Not with each other but with being #1. Problem is that some believe there can only be one #1 and it seems to me that someone is a bit jealous that the other one has a great following, is very helpful, a good friend to many and above all knows his stuff. Why else would he be so succesful? While all the fancy fluff is nice and makes a great presentation it does not make the man or a succesful buisiness. I see many impresive looking rigs sitting in peoples driveways almost everyday doing nothing while other guys with smaller rigs or pwers in the back of their trucks are out working everyday. In any buisiness there will always be leaders and there will be followers. I for one don't care if I become #1 or not as long as I am happy with myself and my own achievments.

All Seasons Exteriors
07-23-2008, 10:22 AM
I gave Squirtgun 200' of braided hose a year ago last spring because as previously stated, we use the orange hose like what's on the bandit. So what's your point? You always have some kind of sad fixation on hose size. Is it because yours is actually inadequate? :lol:

Wth does a cigar have to do with anything either.....is that supposed to imply that you live the good life? Anyone that's ever seen your equipment and the slum you live in, along with your mugshots from slapping women around knows the real deal. You might have a few fooled out in internet land, but the reputable roof cleaning contractors in Florida know what a lowlife hack you really are. Trashy equipment, trashy lifestyle, a big mouth and some garden hose pretty much sums it up for the real Chris Tucker.

It's kinda funny that you choose to sling your trash around here rather than TGS or PWI. Is it because you know you're not going to make it at either place if you keep gettin' in over your head? :-[

All Seasons Exteriors
07-23-2008, 10:26 AM

They are in love! :lol: Not with each other but with being #1. Problem is that some believe there can only be one #1 and it seems to me that someone is a bit jealous that the other one has a great following, is very helpful, a good friend to many and above all knows his stuff. Why else would he be so succesful? While all the fancy fluff is nice and makes a great presentation it does not make the man or a succesful buisiness. I see many impresive looking rigs sitting in peoples driveways almost everyday doing nothing while other guys with smaller rigs or pwers in the back of their trucks are out working everyday. In any buisiness there will always be leaders and there will be followers. I for one don't care if I become #1 or not as long as I am happy with myself and my own achievments.

There is no "#1" in roof cleaning. If there were, it would be like a farting contest.....Who cares?

BTW Larry, I don't think you know me well enough to have any sort of educated opinion one way or the other, so save your azz kissing and sucking up for when you two get together.

You need to go wipe your nose. :-[

ALL SURFACE
07-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Actually my post was just a test to see if everything I hear about you from many was true. You passed with flying colors! Why don't you take your bitching complaining azz somewhere else. You start crap on every board you go to and don't think I don't watch. I know plenty about you and its not from Chris. I do my own homework and I don't need to kiss anyones azz. Why don't you go crawl back into your fancy trailer and take a pill! Personally, I got nothing agaist you. Lets keep it that way! :)

All Seasons Exteriors
07-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Actually my post was just a test to see if everything I hear about you from many was true. You passed with flying colors! Why don't you take your bitching complaining azz somewhere else. You start crap on every board you go to and don't think I don't watch. I know plenty about you and its not from Chris. I do my own homework and I don't need to kiss anyones azz. Why don't you go crawl back into your fancy trailer and take a pill! Personally, I got nothing agaist you. Lets keep it that way! :)

That sounds a little contradictory.

I don't start trash on every board, I just don't lie down and tolerate lies and deception from white trash hacks. Sorry if that hits a little too close to home for ya.

Shouldn't you be out driving all over the gulf coast today?

ALL SURFACE
07-23-2008, 11:44 AM

I don't start trash on every board, I just don't lie down and tolerate lies and deception from white trash hacks. Sorry if that hits a little too close to home for ya.

Rather than sink any lower then I have already allowed myself too I am going to just bow out. I just don't see any sense in playing the internet attack game. It is childish and very non professional...Therefore this is my last comment on this subject. :)

All Seasons Exteriors
07-23-2008, 11:46 AM

Rather than sink any lower then I have already allowed myself too I am going to just bow out. I just don't see any sense in playing the internet attack game. It is childish and very non professional...Therefore this is my last comment on this subject. :)

Good call......I gotta mow the yard and pack for a trip to the Keys.

Have a great day! :)

pwkid
07-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Don that avatar is too much. :lol: rotflmfao

Peerless
07-23-2008, 12:58 PM

There is no "#1" in roof cleaning. If there were, it would be like a farting contest.....Who cares?

BTW Larry, I don't think you know me well enough to have any sort of educated opinion one way or the other, so save your azz kissing and sucking up for when you two get together.

You need to go wipe your nose. :-[

I'm not going to get into this on a personal level, going to take a pldoolittle stance and support what is right from wrong, like he said he would do it for me so I will do it for Don since he is slacking today. It is not about being number one! How fooking hard is it to spray bleach on a roof?
This is about internet marketing Larry. The only problem is there are roofies that have cleaned more than a dozen roofs before they read all of this big hose add borax bullshit. To a noobie it looks like a free steak dinner. Just a FYI for you larry, I cleaned a 17 thousand dollar roof cleaning project with a 3/8 hose "choking" a 12 volt pump in 8 days. That is why this bullshit looks so ridiculous to experienced roofies like Don and myself. Then we see folks like you and actually you are disrespecting the real folks that are honestly trying to help and network with other roofies.

Larry, you are the quintessential Chris Tucker fanboi.
You really don't know what is going on here. I will give you the benefit of being ignorant as I too was once duped. You have been purchased larry, for a very cheap price might I add.

Don is a stand up honest ethical business man and if you sever a relationship with Don for some keyword cowboy advice you are making a HUGE mistake.

They call me the "Troublemaker".....LOL F*** You

CCPC
07-23-2008, 01:10 PM
I use 200' of 1/2" hose with a Delavan per Bob's advice. I do however believe that the 5/8" hose would be better because simple physics has already proven that larger diameter hose allows more flow with less friction. It's a no brainer really. I went with the 1/2" simply because I think for the way I clean roofs, and my current volume, the difference wouldn't be worth it.
On a side note; I think you guys should be ashamed of yourselves for turning Bob's forum into a venue for personal attacks. These things should left in private, and not on a public forum. If I was a potential customer, and read some of the trashy, personal attaches that I've read in this thread, I would look elsewhere for a roof cleaning contractor.

Jason
07-23-2008, 02:45 PM
I use 200' of 1/2" and I like it. Works for me. :thumbsup:

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 02:49 PM
I gave Squirtgun 200' of braided hose a year ago last spring because as previously stated, we use the orange hose like what's on the bandit. So what's your point? You always have some kind of sad fixation on hose size. Is it because yours is actually inadequate? :lol:

What does a cigar have to do with anything either.....is that supposed to imply that you live the good life? Anyone that's ever seen your equipment and the slum you live in, along with your mugshots from slapping women around knows the real deal. You might have a few fooled out in Internet land, but the reputable roof cleaning contractors in Florida know what a lowlife hack you really are. Trashy equipment, trashy lifestyle, a big mouth and some garden hose pretty much sums it up for the real Chris Tucker.

It's kinda funny that you choose to sling your trash around here rather than TGS or PWI. Is it because you know you're not going to make it at either place if you keep getting' in over your head? :-[

Talk about DESPERATION Don :lol:
Sorry YOU don't "approve of my trashy equipment", when a roof "complains", I will change it :P
And please excuse the "trashy house I live in" too, ok ?
It is what I can comfortably afford w/o living beyond my means.
I pay my guys WELL.
My girlfriend of 6 years and I SAW you in Orlando, TOGETHER.
If I BEAT her so "bad", why is she STILL with me :confused:

Talk about desperation Don :lol:
It is because you can't stand toe to toe with me in a roof cleaning discussion w/o getting your LUNCH handed to you.
ADMIT it Don, I "stole your throne", and you are resentful.'
I remember you Don from Delco, and I remember answering YOUR roof cleaning questions back when you had the detailing business. :eek:
You ran to TGS and Cleaner Network with stuff we taught you, and a PVC Wand that had been on the board at Delco for YEARS.
YOU impressed the roof cleaning newbies on TGS and Cleaner network, and taught them the OLD Delco recommendations.
The MINUTE I arrived at TGS, you sought to discredit me, and haven't stopped yet.
EVERY roof cleaning disagreement we have, you drag anything and everything into it, EXCEPT facts.
This is because you LACK the roof cleaning knowledge and experience I have, and attempt to sidestep the issue in question.
Don, you come across as the desperate Man you really are.
Get a GRIP Don, people seeking good roof cleaning advice could CARE LESS where I live, or if I "Pistol Whip" people on a daily basis.
All they care about is if Apple knows his chit, or not.

There are MANY well known cleaners who have done TIME Don, get used to it.

All of us don't have a wife who is a PHD to support us as we wander through life :P
In the 15 years I have been teaching and cleaning roofs, you sold suits, detailed cars, stocked shelves at Home Depot, and God knows what else.
I have only cleaned roofs in that time, I have the experience you LACK.
IF you can call me "white trash" then excuse me if I sugest you are a Mama's Boy ?

Personally, I support myself, and find it sickening to live off ANY Woman.

But, of course, you "have a higher IQ" then your wife who is a PHD, after all you TOLD us :lol:

Viewers are STILL waiting to see the Polybraid you suggest on YOUR Hose Reel Don.

Practice what you Preach.

Here is MY new truck, it just left to do 3 roofs.

OMG, LOOK at that Red Kuri Tech Hose on that BIG Titan Stainless Reel :eek:

Viewers are still waiting Don :lol:

scrappy
07-23-2008, 02:57 PM

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 03:32 PM

Yes Jason, 1/2 inch will work, never said it would not.
Even 3/8 will "work"
5/8 will work better, and 3/4 better still.
Use what YOU like, it is YOUR business.
My experience with people going from small hose to larger hose is this.
People commonly say "WHY didn't anyone ever TELL me to use bigger hose"
Thats what I am attempting to DO, in between defending myself from viscious personal attacks from those with hidden agendas.

Oh, I have HEARD all the lies and BS, about me ONLY posting for "web hits", LOL
My web site was number one BEFORE any board, except Delco.
If web hits were the "secret", you can PAY companies in India to click on your site with hundreds of different IP address computers, ALL DAY LONG
Anyone who really KNOWS me know that I spend HOURS of my valueable time on the phone, helping people.
Don WAS "The Man" until I arrived, and he so desperately wants to be "The Man" again.
His ONE big commercial roof cleaning job "fell in his lap"
Yep, a shopper came across an Internet Thread where everyone was GLORIFYING Don, calling him a "Roof Cleaning God and Guru" and saying he was "The Best"
The shopper FELL for this scam.

It is MY opinion that if ANYTHING makes these boards look Phoney, it is about a bunch of azz kizzers glorifying somebody in a thread, in HOPES of being "rewarded" with work :thumbsdown:

And so, Don has set out on a "Plan" to discredit me, even going so FAR as to drive by my home, to take Pictures of my project truck to put on the Internet.

One can only WONDER is he had anything to do with smashing the windows OUT of my truck ?

That truck WAS to be the BIGGEST commercial roof cleaning truck in Florida.
WHO else would that effect BUT a "wanna be commercial roof cleaner" who just HAS to have the biggest and the best commercial rig ?

Interestingly enough, the File Don uses for this old project truck is "Garbage - Truck
Now, simply right click on the picture Don took, and LOOK at the size of the file ?
Then, compare the pictures I will post of it with the windows broken out, SEE what the file names are, then LOOK at the file size ?
Don TOOK this picture, and named it "Garbage - Truck" in the file!

Just renaming the file "Garbage - Truck" shows how desperate he is to discredit me.

MY file name was "vandalized truck", and I will post the pictures again so everyone can SEE the file size, and the original name :thumbsup:

Now I hope people will REALIZE just WHAT kind of people I must deal with in my area.

And perhaps NOW, some will see Don for what he really is, a Troublemaker who will stop at NOTHING to discredit anyone in his way!

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 03:35 PM

Yes Jason, 1/2 inch will work, never said it would not.
Even 3/8 will "work"
5/8 will work better, and 3/4 better still.
Use what YOU like, it is YOUR business.
My experience with people going from small hose to larger hose is this.
People commonly say "WHY didn't anyone ever TELL me to use bigger hose"
Thats what I am attempting to DO, in between defending myself from viscious personal attacks from those with hidden agendas.

Oh, I have HEARD all the lies and BS, about me ONLY posting for "web hits", LOL
My web site was number one BEFORE any board, except Delco.
If web hits were the "secret", you can PAY companies in India to click on your site with hundreds of different IP address computers, ALL DAY LONG
Anyone who really KNOWS me know that I spend HOURS of my valueable time on the phone, helping people.
Don WAS "The Man" until I arrived, and he so desperately wants to be "The Man" again.
His ONE big commercial roof cleaning job "fell in his lap"
Yep, a shopper came across an Internet Thread where everyone was GLORIFYING Don, calling him a "Roof Cleaning God and Guru" and saying he was "The Best"
The shopper FELL for this scam.

It is MY opinion that if ANYTHING makes these boards look Phoney, it is about a bunch of azz kizzers glorifying somebody in a thread, in HOPES of being "rewarded" with work :thumbsdown:

And so, Don has set out on a "Plan" to discredit me, even going so FAR as to drive by my home, to take Pictures of my project truck to put on the Internet.

One can only WONDER is he had anything to do with smashing the windows OUT of my truck ?

That truck WAS to be the BIGGEST commercial roof cleaning truck in Florida.
WHO else would that effect BUT a "wanna be commercial roof cleaner" who just HAS to have the biggest and the best commercial rig ?

Interestingly enough, the File Don uses for this old project truck is "Garbage - Truck
Now, simply right click on the picture Don took, and LOOK at the size of the file ?
Then, compare the pictures I will post of it with the windows broken out, SEE what the file names are, then LOOK at the file size ?
Don TOOK this picture, and named it "Garbage - Truck" in the file!

Just renaming the file "Garbage - Truck" shows how desperate he is to discredit me.

MY file name was "vandalized truck", and I will post the pictures again so everyone can SEE the file size, and the original name :thumbsup:

Now I hope people will REALIZE just WHAT kind of people I must deal with in my area.

And perhaps NOW, some will see Don for what he really is, a Troublemaker who will stop at NOTHING to discredit anyone in his way!

amen
07-23-2008, 03:46 PM
LOOK at that Red Kuri Tech hose

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 03:54 PM
AMEN, how do YOU like it Joe, so far ?
Dave, the "Red Neck Roof Cleaner" on RCIA and PWI turned me on to it.
HE uses the higher burst pressure version, it is Yellow.
The Red Kuri Tech is "only" 200 PSI rated, would have LIKED more, but at 50 cents a foot, WTF ?

I would NOT suggest this 200 psi hose for those with Bandits, John Blues, etc, etc.
For a Delavan, or under 150 psi Pump, we should be good to go :thumbsup:

amen
07-23-2008, 04:01 PM
I love it it don't kink up.....its the only way to go if you ask me......

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 04:05 PM

This MIGHT hit a "little close to home" for YOU Don, from YOUR post on TGS the other day.
WHO starts trouble ?

Don Phelps
TGS Platinum Member

Jul 20th, 08, 11:31 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a reason why pesticide/fertilizer applicators and hose reel makers use 1/2" hoses and tubing and it doesn't have anything to with talking heads blowing hot air on the internet all the time.

However, some like the workout of dragging heavier hose around and the readily available back-up hose hanging on the sides of customer's homes though. The inner rubber lining in garden hose has been known to break up over time and clog guns, nozzles etc

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 04:06 PM
I love it it don't kink up.....its the only way to go if you ask me......

Went on Titan reel easily :thumbsup:

Jason
07-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Chris, are you still "testing" that swivel, or is it available yet?

When i first started roofs, I was using 5/8 garden hose. It worked, but WOW was it heavy! That poly braid is nice and light (and cheap, if you buy from Bob).

I plan to switch to the 5/8 soon. (poly) I don't do enough roofs to justify .50+ per foot of anything yet.

pwkid
07-23-2008, 04:21 PM
I would go with the 1/2. The 5/8 seems to be overkill for roof cleaning. I have never used a delevan pump but have used several different shur-flos. They are what they are, a disposable 12v pump, when they wear out you throwem away and get a new one.

All Seasons Exteriors
07-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Here's a link to my ONE commercial job. Now how many commercial jobs are in that thread??? Anymore delusional lies??? It's got some of your personal attacks against me from 2 years ago in it also.

http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/up-roof-asphalt-tile-shake-cleaning/4855-apartment-complex.html

There's a lot more threads like that with your ramblings in them as well.

As far as your garbage truck goes, I have better things to do than drive 90 miles to break 2 windows out of your piece-of-shit truck but several of us knew it was only a matter of time before you accused me or Peerless or Ken or a host of others.

Ramble on, liar! :lol:

Oops, almost forgot....Went to look at this one for a bid today at noon also.

Jason
07-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Mel,

I have used the 1/2" fo about a year now. It works for my purpose. Like I said, I don't really do enough roofs to spend a bunch on more hoses.

pwkid
07-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Jason I wasn't commenting on your post. I was answering the original question of the thread. Sorry for the confusion.

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 04:35 PM

When i first started roofs, I was using 5/8 garden hose. It worked, but WOW was it heavy! That poly braid is nice and light (and cheap, if you buy from Bob).

I plan to switch to the 5/8 soon. (poly) I don't do enough roofs to justify .50+ per foot of anything yet.

No, Bob HAS, or can get the plastic swivel !!
ANYTHING Titan, Bob can get.
He is one of THE Top Titan Dealers in da world.
Great reels, at great prices, from Bob, shipped to your door, with the great follow up and after care Bob is known for.

Hey, JUST for kicks, HOW Long did the "Ghetto Garden Hose" last you ?
Any "problems" ?
What kind did you use ?

Pressure Washers are USED to small hose I guess, and have a hard time with 5/8 ?

We do not fight our hose.
We pull ALL the hose we plan to use up on the roof from the start.
I head to the BACK of the house, the farthest point away from the ladder/truck.
Then, I pull up some extra hose, just in case.
Next, I order my men to turn on our big pump.
The hose fills, and I spray.
I start at the back, and work to the front, and I will wrap my hose around a vent pipe if need be to keep it on the roof.
Big hose tends to not fall off a roof because it has enough weight to stay put.
Because it is bigger, less chance of getting UNDER the shingles.
3/8 hose can easily slip under shingles, and rip a roof apart, been there, done that, Insurance went UP.

amen
07-23-2008, 04:37 PM
lol i am lost arnt you guys friends?? apple and don..... and peeps wounder why i dont go to RTs.....I do have a bad temper with no drinks........to much back stabben here in tampabay...why dont guys just go to work..... so much work out there for all of us...

pwkid
07-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Chris I use 3/8 hose with my system and have never had it slide underneath shingles and tear them up. I am not sure where all this hostility is coming from,is it because someone has a different opinion than you? I would think that big ole 5/8 or 3/4 inch hose would cause way more damage to a shingle than little ole 3/8 hose. Chris we all know that bigger is better but not always practical. Chris why don't you use 1 or 2 inch hose? I bet you could really spray some serious apple cider or apple sauce out of that.

amen
07-23-2008, 05:00 PM
3/8 will work.......but have you used 1/2... I am not here to take apples side I have only talked to the guy 3 times and he is in my area.....I think that if it has to do with roofs chris knows his shit and is good at what he does...Yeah he might take things alittle far but dont we all :eek:

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 05:03 PM
Here's a link to my ONE commercial job. Now how many commercial jobs are in that thread??? Anymore delusional lies??? It's got some of your personal attacks against me from 2 years ago in it also.

http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/up-roof-asphalt-tile-shake-cleaning/4855-apartment-complex.html

There's a lot more threads like that with your ramblings in them as well.

As far as your garbage truck goes, I have better things to do than drive 90 miles to break 2 windows out of your piece-of-shit truck but several of us knew it was only a matter of time before you accused me or Peerless or Ken or a host of others.

Ramble on, liar! :lol:

Oops, almost forgot....Went to look at this one for a bid today at noon also.

Game OVER Don, WHY did you drive from Orlando to TAKE A PICTURE of MY Truck ?
Then, NAME the File "Garbage Truck Jpeg" ??
It's ALL there, for everyone to SEE.
Just NAMING a picture "Garbage Truck" SHOWS Hostility.

Don, I think you might consider getting back on the Effexor, you WERE a different person then.'
We WERE friends then, and you were quite a different person, not all full of hate, like you are now.
I SAY this NOT to put you down, or to IMPLY you are "crazy" either, for you are NOT.

A Chemical Imbalance is NOT your fault, nor is it a "sign of weakness" either.

But is it not gonna just "go away", anymore then a diabetic is gonna start making Insulin again.

Perhaps when you are BACK on your Meds, you will SEE I am NOT your "enemy" ?
YOU bring all this on yourself.'
LOOK at the trouble you have caused on the boards Man ?
Good Lord, you THREATENED Beth's husband Rod, bad mouth anyone at will, and have had words with many.
It is called DEPRESSION, that is where these feelings are coming from.

Perhaps the "Tough Love" I am giving you will finally BREAK your denial.
And by Denial, I don't mean the river in Egypt either.

You are a GREAT Guy Don, on your meds.
Here is a picture of you and I, in better times.
If I am REALLY "White Trash", then WTF are you doing posing for THIS picture with me ?
And GUESS who took it ?
The Girl I "Beat on a daily basis"

WHY did you buy me Lunch, and show off your rig to me ?
WHY waste your time on "White Trash" ??

IF I am "such a keyword cowboy" then WHY ask me to PUT Orlando Florida keywords on MY site, so you could get work ???

It is MY belief it IS the Depression Don.
Anger COMES from Depression, you MIGHT want to LOOK at yours ?

NEVER, in all my many disagreements, have I EVER threatened anyone on the Internet.
Can YOU say the same ?

And HOW would I KNOW about the Depression, unless you TOLD me ?
Do you always confide in "White Trash"
Gotta go find the pic of you and me, when you were ON your Meds, be right back.

All Seasons Exteriors
07-23-2008, 05:13 PM
The pic came from here, Napoleon. :-[

http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/up-roof-asphalt-tile-shake-cleaning/13537-vandalized-truck-windows-broken-out.html

I gotta give ya much love for the "discredit" bit. After all your rambling, I make 2 posts with 2 links and you're totally discredited once again. :thumbsup:

C'mon Tiger, your kung fu is weak!!!

amen
07-23-2008, 05:14 PM
didnt you 2 just have lunch in lakeland?.....

Jason
07-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Jason I wasn't commenting on your post. I was answering the original question of the thread. Sorry for the confusion.

Oh, ok. Gotcha. :D

Jason
07-23-2008, 05:22 PM

No, Bob HAS, or can get the plastic swivel !!
ANYTHING Titan, Bob can get.
He is one of THE Top Titan Dealers in da world.
Great reels, at great prices, from Bob, shipped to your door, with the great follow up and after care Bob is known for.

Hey, JUST for kicks, HOW Long did the "Ghetto Garden Hose" last you ?
Any "problems" ?
What kind did you use ?

Pressure Washers are USED to small hose I guess, and have a hard time with 5/8 ?

We do not fight our hose.
We pull ALL the hose we plan to use up on the roof from the start.
I head to the BACK of the house, the farthest point away from the ladder/truck.
Then, I pull up some extra hose, just in case.
Next, I order my men to turn on our big pump.
The hose fills, and I spray.
I start at the back, and work to the front, and I will wrap my hose around a vent pipe if need be to keep it on the roof.
Big hose tends to not fall off a roof because it has enough weight to stay put.
Because it is bigger, less chance of getting UNDER the shingles.
3/8 hose can easily slip under shingles, and rip a roof apart, been there, done that, Insurance went UP.

Once I cut off the cheap brass ends and replaced it with nylon, it worked great. No problems. I just switched to the poly braid because of the weight.

pwkid
07-23-2008, 05:23 PM
3/8 will work.......but have you used 1/2... I am not here to take apples side I have only talked to the guy 3 times and he is in my area.....I think that if it has to do with roofs chris knows his shit and is good at what he does...Yeah he might take things alittle far but dont we all :eek:

Yes I have used 1/2 goodyear plyvit hose. Very good hose. I switched to 3/8 hose and will never use anything bigger. I use a gas powered diaphragm pump and it overcomes the friction loss without notice. I will tell you this it is way easier to move around than 1/2. I can not imagine why someone would want to drag garden hose (full of fluid) around a roof all day.

amen
07-23-2008, 05:29 PM
well i use mine for all chems..and when working at night i have cars runing over my hose..it does not coil up like the 3/8.....hey what ever works for you is the best...

pwkid
07-23-2008, 05:40 PM
well i use mine for all chems..and when working at night i have cars runing over my hose..it does not coil up like the 3/8.....hey what ever works for you is the best...

I don't clean roofs at night and I have never had it coil up on me,well I take that back when it was new and I first put it on my reel it would coil up.

amen
07-23-2008, 05:46 PM
we just dont clean roofs. lol chicfila,checkers,gas stations,roofs are a small part of our biz... :lol: I give all my roofs to apple and larry.....

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Chris I use 3/8 hose with my system and have never had it slide underneath shingles and tear them up. I am not sure where all this hostility is coming from,is it because someone has a different opinion than you? I would think that big ole 5/8 or 3/4 inch hose would cause way more damage to a shingle than little ole 3/8 hose. Chris we all know that bigger is better but not always practical. Chris why don't you use 1 or 2 inch hose? I bet you could really spray some serious apple cider or apple sauce out of that.

Mel, there comes a point of diminishing returns.
I find 3/4 even better, but NOT enough to justify the added bulk/cost.
Get YOUR Windows broken out, see people take PICTURES of your old project truck and label the file as Garbage Truck, then post it, and perhaps YOU might feel differently ?
Don, off his meds, is a TYRANT, and I am SICK of his attacks.
Others are sick of it as well.
Whether it is Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, or Depression, a bottom must be hit before recovery is possible.
Allowing Don to run rampant, and un checked, is just enabling him in his dysfunction.
I actually LIKE Don, and I miss talking with him.
If he can give me chit, he must expect it back.

UNTIL he gets back on the Meds, ALL he is gonna get is "Tuff Love" from me.

IF he can PUBLISH my "criminal record", call me "white trash", etc, etc, then please excuse the funk out of me for revealing personal medical information.
Mel, you KNOW I am NOT just using Dons depression to "get back" at him.
I TOLD you, and I told Thad too, in a non mean way, my beliefs, way before this thread.
Again, I LIKE Don.
It was ME who tried to see to it he had his OWN Commercial Roof Cleaning Forum at PWI.

Don and I spent many an evening, on the phone.
But just sitting back, and "taking the high road" has not been a good course of action for me.
At the Florida Roundtable, I was ASKED why I allowed Don to go on and on about me with little rebuttal ?
People wondered "Where was Apple, and why wasn't he defending himself"
I was ASKED to take the high road, but if you let people tell a BIG enough Lie, often enough, it becomes "Truth"

I have spent 15 years of my life HELPING OTHERS.
Many got their start in roof cleaning in phone and Internet Conversations with me.

Sorry, I am No longer gonna allow Don, some of my Local Competitors, or anyone else to slander me any longer, or place their own self serving SPIN on WHY I help people.

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 05:53 PM

Yes I have used 1/2 goodyear plyvit hose. Very good hose. I switched to 3/8 hose and will never use anything bigger. I use a gas powered diaphragm pump and it overcomes the friction loss without notice. I will tell you this it is way easier to move around than 1/2. I can not imagine why someone would want to drag garden hose (full of fluid) around a roof all day.

Mel, that Bad Azz pump of yours will work with 1/4 :)

amen
07-23-2008, 06:09 PM
this has gone wild......and its all tampa roofies in gone wild...man we are crazy in tampa

Bob Williamson
07-23-2008, 06:13 PM
this has gone wild......

Indeed! I am just waiting to see if Chris & Don kiss and make up. :lol:

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 06:17 PM
The pic came from here, Napoleon. :-[

http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/up-roof-asphalt-tile-shake-cleaning/13537-vandalized-truck-windows-broken-out.html

I gotta give ya much love for the "discredit" bit. After all your rambling, I make 2 posts with 2 links and you're totally discredited once again. :thumbsup:

C'mon Tiger, your kung fu is weak!!!

Naw Don, check the PIXTELS, your picture is WAY bigger then the one on TGS
Just right click on TGS picture my viewers, and SEE the pixtels and Image SIZE of what Don "claims" is the original picture.
THEN, go to his posting, and LOOK at the size AND File name of the picture he TOOK, and posted :-[
Sorry, KNOW you are a "Roof Cleaning God", LOL
But even GOD cant take a smaller image, and MAKE it have more SIZE
You are Busted Don, Game Over :thumbsdown:
The mere FACT you renamed the picture "Garbage Truck", SHOWS your hostility, as if the smashed out windows don't ?
PLEASE, get back on your Effexor Meds Don, the boards will be a better Place.
And YOU will be happy, and FREE of this Rage.

BTW, the Windshield of the old F 600 was cracked too, and it takes a TALL Man to reach it.
Hey, you are pretty tall, and have demonstrated hostility towards me, and many others around the boards.
Did someone say "Smoking Gun" ?

WHO else would a harmless old F 600 effect MORE, then someone who just HAS to have the biggest, baddest rig ?

The poor Truck was a sitting duck, sitting on a back street, away from my home, where I was unable to protect it.

It was no "kids" who smashed my windows out, I THINK many are starting to see who REALLY did it ?

EVERY post you make is designed to TRY and discredit me Don, but you make a Mockery out of yourself.'
EVERY name you call me, and every allegation you make makes you look even worse.
They SAY a picture is worth a thousand words, so I wil leave you with this :thumbsup:
And LOOK real good at the windshield too >:(

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 06:27 PM
didnt you 2 just have lunch in lakeland?.....

Naw, he was absent from the Roundtable.
Funny, it was held in Lakeland instead of Tampa for the "Orlando Guys"
I went to the Roundtable :thumbsup:

All Seasons Exteriors
07-23-2008, 06:31 PM

Mel, there comes a point of diminishing returns.
I find 3/4 even better, but NOT enough to justify the added bulk/cost.
Get YOUR Windows broken out, see people take PICTURES of your old project truck and label the file as Garbage Truck, then post it, and perhaps YOU might feel differently ?
Don, off his meds, is a TYRANT, and I am SICK of his attacks.
Others are sick of it as well.
Whether it is Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, or Depression, a bottom must be hit before recovery is possible.
Allowing Don to run rampant, and un checked, is just enabling him in his dysfunction.
I actually LIKE Don, and I miss talking with him.
If he can give me chit, he must expect it back.

UNTIL he gets back on the Meds, ALL he is gonna get is "Tuff Love" from me.

IF he can PUBLISH my "criminal record", call me "white trash", etc, etc, then please excuse the funk out of me for revealing personal medical information.
Mel, you KNOW I am NOT just using Dons depression to "get back" at him.
I TOLD you, and I told Thad too, in a non mean way, my beliefs, way before this thread.
Again, I LIKE Don.
It was ME who tried to see to it he had his OWN Commercial Roof Cleaning Forum at PWI.

Don and I spent many an evening, on the phone.
But just sitting back, and "taking the high road" has not been a good course of action for me.
At the Florida Roundtable, I was ASKED why I allowed Don to go on and on about me with little rebuttal ?
People wondered "Where was Apple, and why wasn't he defending himself"
I was ASKED to take the high road, but if you let people tell a BIG enough Lie, often enough, it becomes "Truth"

I have spent 15 years of my life HELPING OTHERS.
Many got their start in roof cleaning in phone and Internet Conversations with me.

Sorry, I am No longer gonna allow Don, some of my Local Competitors, or anyone else to slander me any longer, or place their own self serving SPIN on WHY I help people.

LOL!

You've been exposed at every turn with your lies and contradictions, etc. No one has proven to be unstable other than you. You accused me of so much stupid sh*t then all I had to do was post a couple of links and the world got to see just how caught up you are in your lies. It's all there and you can try to convince yourself and others of more of your white trash bullsh*t and I'll keep smackin' you down like the cracked out loser you are.

I have no "depression" problems. I don't have too many problems at all actually, but there's a few of us in FL that have known the truth about you for along time and we WILL make sure that everyone knows the REAL apple in due time. Do you know how many people have called me, laughing at your sorry azz today??? This must be the part where you come back and tell me 30 times as many called you, blah, blah, blah. Go ahead.....I think we've heard it all at this point.

You're right, my wife is a PhD. and she married someone intelligent enough to trump your stupidity ALL DAY LONG! She came home and read your accusations and laughed for a while. Then she got a little hot and decided to print it all, in case you need us to take it to a new level for ya.

You need to see it for what it is.....I'm just the instrument that you choose to use against yourself. How does it feel to get your azz kicked by a "momma's boy?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 07:30 PM
LOL, you are SO Busted Don, you met your match long ago with me, a guy twice your age, and 1/2 your size.
You HATE me Don, becaue you WERE a "legend", in your OWN mind.
Your freaking EGO is so big, it needs it's own Zip Code :P
Whats the matter, Mr Egomaniac with an inferiority Complex,
Did the big bad Apple Man reach his branches up into the Sky, and Drag the "Roof Cleaning God" back down to reality, kicking and screaming all the way ?
I FORGOT more about roof cleaning then you will ever know.
WTF did you EVER give the roof cleaning world, except a common plastic wand you STOLE off the Delco Board ?
It was Big Pete, NOT you, who came up with the swivel end for "YOUR" wand.

Had I not got to TGS, people would STILL be listening to your stupid suggestion of SMALL Shurflo Pumps, choked by 3/8 Hose.

I changed roof cleaning by TELLING people of the performance increases possible with larger hose, and guys like Tim Asleton, Mike Sullivan, and many others are enjoying increased performance today.
And then backing up what I taught with science and testing.
You are incapable of hanging with me in roof cleaning knowledge Don.
So, whenever you get in over your head, you TRY and discredit me to HIDE the fact you are getting SPANKED by the Apple.
I swear, sometimes you dont even realize it, your denial system is so strong.

I GOT you Don, just like I have your Lunch EVERY time you attempt to bang heads with me about roof cleaning.

I was the FIRST Roof Cleaning Company EVER to use John Blue Pumps.
I was instrumental in calling Italy to get the pump you USE to be produced.
Because John Blue refused to honor their warranty, I told em to stick it when THAT new pump was in production.
It was LEAKING when you came to Tampa Don, remember ?
You had what looked like Julie's Plastic Dish Tray to catch the leaking chlorine :eek:

I was the FIRST roof cleaning company EVER to use Titan Stainless Reels, and BUGGED Mark at Titan for a Plastic Swivel, until he finally designed one.
I introduced IT to the roof cleaning world.

Roof Cleaners everywhere use My Apple Sauce and Apple Cider.

I work on things like mastering the smell of chlorine, developing no rinse roof cleaning equipment, BOOSTERS for our Mix, and Mildew Proofing, and constantly test new things for myself, and other manufacturers who seek me out.

WTF have YOU done for the roof cleaning world, except ask for deals for yourself for all the newbies you have pointed this way, or that ?

Game OVER

Now, HOW are ya gonna explain that picture YOU took of my Truck, and posted ?

Those DAM Pixtels, huh Don ?

BUSTED :P

So much for your "High IQ" huh :thumbsdown:

gutrman
07-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Was it raining today in Florida?

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 07:35 PM
We roll with class.

You don't!

This is the where you posted the garbage truck picture file, that is SLANDER right there Don.

amen
07-23-2008, 07:46 PM
lol it was in tampa

CCPC
07-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Was it raining today in Florida?

Yes. All day here.

All Seasons Exteriors
07-23-2008, 07:50 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRbdlST-NGA&feature=related

garyschell
07-23-2008, 08:48 PM
I don't know what is funnier Ric Flair going "Wooooooo" or Chris bickering about the "garbage truck" label on his picture. Honestly who hasn't copy and pasted a picture 'for reference' and labeled it something easy to remember for future reference...I have some...Don has one of my photos too :lol: I think he titled it "profeshunal rig"...Ironically Don, I cut it up soon after.

IF I used a Delavan system for roof cleaning I'd consult the pump supplier for his recommendation, Bob won't sell you something you'd wish you didn't purchase.

Did you know if a person invested the time they 'waste' on the internet into their marketing and planning....they might not find so much useless information about crap that really doesn't matter.

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 09:04 PM
I don't know what is funnier Ric Flair going "Wooooo" or Chris bickering about the "garbage truck" label on his picture. Honestly who hasn't copy and pasted a picture 'for reference' and labeled it something easy to remember for future reference...I have some...Don has one of my photos too :lol: I think he titled it "professional rig"...Ironically Don, I cut it up soon after.

IF I used a Delavan system for roof cleaning I'd consult the pump supplier for his recommendation, Bob won't sell you something you'd wish you didn't purchase.

Did you know if a person invested the time they 'waste' on the Internet into their marketing and planning....they might not find so much useless information about crap that really doesn't matter.

Gary, This is NOT about Don cutting and pasting a picture I posted, and re naming it.
Here is HOW you can tell.
Go to the garbage truck picture he posted, and click on to expand it.
Then, right click on the expanded picture, and scroll down to properties.
Then, click on properties, and LOOK at the picture size ?
It will show that the picture Don posted in a HUGE file, like 1024 x 687, or something BIG.

Now, look at the ORIGINAL picture I posted, expand it, then do the same thing to it ?
It is only like 800 x 566.'

In other words IT IS A SMALLER FILE.

You can't take a small file, and make a big one.
HOW can Don's picture be BIGGER then the original, it CAN'T !

Now, he CLAIMS he got the pic from The Grime Scene :thumbs down:
Bullshit, GO to TGS, and check out the File Size of the original picture ?
It is the same size as what I posted here, understand ?

The ONLY way Don got that picture is He TOOK it.
He came by my house because he KNEW where the truck was parked to take THAT picture.
To further show his bad intentions, he NAMED the file Garbage Truck.

I am SURE he sends it to anyone he can, INCLUDING customers, in an attempt to show me in a bad way.

After all Gary, WHY have a file hanging around on your computer with a derogatory name, unless you planned to, or have used it.

My Project Truck WINDOWS were smashed out Gary, think THAT was a "co incidence" too ?

You think THAT is funny ?

amen
07-23-2008, 09:31 PM
chris does don have to work with his wife being a doctor? He might be doing low pressure roof cleaning for fun or for extra $$$$...It makes me wonder if the husbands had to be the bread winner where would they be in the roof cleaning biz..Chris i dont know if your wife brings home the bread....But at my house the wife takes care of my kids and i have to be on my game..$$$$ Him being someone hoo might not have to work why would he go that low to do such a thing to someone hooo has helped emm out? Well i hope you guys work it out :thumbsup:

All Seasons Exteriors
07-23-2008, 09:33 PM
I don't know what is funnier Ric Flair going "Wooooo" or Chris bickering about the "garbage truck" label on his picture. Honestly who hasn't copy and pasted a picture 'for reference' and labeled it something easy to remember for future reference...I have some...Don has one of my photos too :lol: I think he titled it "professional rig"...Ironically Don, I cut it up soon after.

Did you know if a person invested the time they 'waste' on the Internet into their marketing and planning....they might not find so much useless information about crap that really doesn't matter.

Gary, This is NOT about Don cutting and pasting a picture I posted, and re naming it.
It will show that the picture Don posted in a HUGE file, like 1024 x 687, or something BIG.

Now, look at the ORIGINAL picture I posted, expand it, then do the same thing to it ?

He came by my house because he KNEW where the truck was parked to take THAT picture.

I am SURE he sends it to anyone he can, INCLUDING customers, in an attempt to show me in a bad way.

After all Gary, WHY have a file hanging around on your computer with a derogatory name, unless you planned to, or have used it.

My Project Truck WINDOWS were smashed out Gary, think THAT was a "co incidence" too ?

Blah, blah, blah.....If that's the case, sue me.

Did I drive by and take this one too, hun?

I bet the boys loved you in the slammer.

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 09:48 PM

Blah, blah, blah.....If that's the case, sue me.

Did I drive by and take this one too, hun?

I bet the boys loved you in the slammer.

LOL,
Can't someone have fun at halloween without the "Phelps Spin"
Hey, the Caveman costume was On sale.

These "Boys" love me too :thumbsup:

gr8white
07-23-2008, 09:50 PM
I use 5/8 because the first few washes I did required more than 300ft of hose

amen
07-23-2008, 09:53 PM
more than 300ft.. what kind of pump you useing? :confused:

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 09:55 PM
You would have LOVED THIS Party Donny :thumbsup:
Except your long azz might not have :fit: in the hut tub.
Ever been to a BYOC Party Don Wand ??
BYOC = Bring Your Own Chlorine
The Girl out of the Hot Tub was Maureen, a school teacher.
She couldn't be seen in the tub, but she turned into a wild child, once the camera was put away :)

JC
07-23-2008, 09:58 PM
She couldn't be seen in the tub, but she turned into a wild child, once the camera was put away :)

Thanks for hijacking my thread - I learned a lot - You two are both the best at everything in the world -

TAKE YOUR FIGHT SOMEPLACE ELSE!!!!!

All Seasons Exteriors
07-23-2008, 09:59 PM
I think young scrappy probably said it best......... :lol:

Quote by Scrappy:HAHAHAHAHA aRE YOU HONESTLY GONNA SIT HERE AND TRY TO MAKE US BELIEVE THAT BECAUSE THE CHARGES WERE DROP/DIDN'T STICK/ OR WAS SPONGED FROM YOUR RECORD MEANS IT DIDN'T HAPPEN?!?!?!?

Let me share something with you . . . last year me and 3 buddies did the senior prank at the high school . . .we got caught and i spent 16 hrs in a jail cell . . . I had a class B felony two class A misties and a class C mistie pressed against me . . . all of which were sponged from our records and dropped after 50 hrs of community service. SO for you to say everything was dropped so it didn't happen is not cutting it . .. hell i got a clean record but does that mean i didn't do the senior prank? EXACTLY MY POINT!!!!

you know i'm still kinda new but i've held this in long enough

YOUR AN IDIOT

I MEAN HONESTLY EVERY WEEK THERE IS A NEW APPLE SAUCE OR WHAT THE HELL EVER YOU WANNA CALL IT . AND IM HONESTLY SICK OF YOUR SELF RIGHTEOUS ASS . . . SH AND WATER WILL CLEAN A DAMN ROOF !!!!!!!!!! ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE AND YOU MAKE IT SEEM LIKE IT IS. . . AND FOR REAL DAWG QUIT FLASHING THAT DAMN SUCCESSFUL BIZ SIGN EVERY 10 MIN. THATS OLDER THAN ME. . . THEN AFTER YOU DO THAT GO TO cvs AND GET YOU SOME JUST FOR MEN AND GET THAT WACK ASS HAIR DO FIXED. aFTER THAT MAYBE YOU CAN GET RID OF THEM BUSTED ASS BROADS YOUR ALWAYS POSTING PICTURES OF AND FIND SOME DECENT ONES. i MEAN FOR REAL DUDE GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!

All Seasons Exteriors
07-23-2008, 10:04 PM

Thanks for hijacking my thread - I learned a lot - You two are both the best at everything in the world -

OK, my apologies.

Headed to the Keys for the weekend.

You guys enjoy the BS! :thumbsup:

pwkid
07-23-2008, 10:06 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRbdlST-NGA&feature=related

I love Ric Flair he was superman to me growing up. He is still around. Don that was classic. lmao

pwkid
07-23-2008, 10:07 PM

OK, my apologies.

Headed to the Keys for the weekend.

You guys enjoy the BS! :thumbsup:

I love the B/S you guys make the bbs world interesting.

pwkid
07-23-2008, 10:09 PM
In the end, experienced roof cleaners know the deal. The other stuff is B/S lol

amen
07-23-2008, 10:11 PM
your right mel......I will stick to the 1/2 2 :thumbsup:

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 10:18 PM
chris does don have to work with his wife being a doctor? He might be doing low pressure roof cleaning for fun or for extra $$$$...It makes me wonder if the husbands had to be the bread winner where would they be in the roof cleaning biz..Chris i dont know if your wife brings home the bread....But at my house the wife takes care of my kids and i have to be on my game..$$$$ Him being someone hoo might not have to work why would he go that low to do such a thing to someone hooo has helped emm out? Well i hope you guys work it out :thumbsup:

It is FEAR Joe, plain and simple.
BEFORE I came along, Don was "The Man", a "Roof Cleaning God".
He disrespected me, and I took him to school, publicly too.
Now, I get the attention he once had, and he is resentful.
His answer ?
TRY and "discredit me" by posting my police record, calling me white trash, and spinning it to make it APPEAR I only help people for web hits, LOL

I guess he don't realize that when people are tring to get good roof cleaning advice, they could CARE LESS if I am an Ax Murderer.
And LITTLE does he realize when he drags up a persons police record, he is also condeming many fellow cleaners who MAY have once been on the wrong side of the Law ?
There are MANY recovering Alcoholics and EX Druggies in the cleaning profession who have turned their life around.
But Mr Pompous is "Squeaky Clean" of course, and NEVER did anything "Bad" in his life.

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 10:21 PM

You would have gotten a good suntan with anything smaller.
TRY it for yourself, like Tim Aselton did ?
Big Hose IS better, and can be MUCH better :thumbsup:
WHY pizz away pressure and flow ?

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 10:23 PM

Yes, they DO :thumbsup:
http://www.propowerwash.com/board/upload/showthread.php?t=7959&highlight=flow+test

amen
07-23-2008, 10:24 PM
all you have to do is brush your shoulders off

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 10:25 PM

Sorry, but I was attacked.
Suggest reading this, and good luck to you!
http://www.propowerwash.com/board/upload/showthread.php?t=7959&highlight=flow+test

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-23-2008, 10:27 PM
all you have to do is brush your shoulders off

Yeah, I stand tall, all in a days work.'
My guys made me a grand, but phones were DEAD today.
We are going to Winter haven Tomorow for the "Daily Double"
Making OVER a Grand tomorrow too :thumbsup:

pwkid
07-23-2008, 11:05 PM
we just dont clean roofs. lol chicfila,checkers,gas stations,roofs are a small part of our biz... :lol: I give all my roofs to apple and larry.....

Wow Joe Bellmore you said you give all your roofs away. Then how can you make an opinion on experienced roof cleaners. Ok you spray some degreasers and rinse it away. I will give you all my checkers in the west end. Question do you use hot water?

Jason
07-24-2008, 11:24 AM

Chris, what the heck are the flow control valves for that you were telling Russ to use?

amen
07-24-2008, 11:36 AM

Wow Joe Bellmore you said you give all your roofs away. Then how can you make an opinion on experienced roof cleaners. Ok you spray some degreasers and rinse it away. I will give you all my checkers in the west end. Question do you use hot water?
lol i was kidding i dont give em away...yes i do use hot water you cant do a drive thru with out hot water...no i dont want your checkers...I have 26 of emm... 2 a night once a month works for me.

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-24-2008, 01:40 PM

Chris, what the heck are the flow control valves for that you were telling Russ to use?

I will start a NEW Thread about them right away, best IMHO to let this one die ?

russ s
07-24-2008, 07:18 PM

they are pinch valves

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Upon reading, and re reading this thread once I settled down, I have had time to think better.
Like some of you guys, once I get mad, I lose it.
I wish to apologize to Don, REGARDLESS of whether or not he apologizes to me.
Let's just say a program I work depends on this principle, and leave it at that, OK ?
I no longer believe Don smashed my windows out.
Don and I have had some disagreements as bad, or WORSE then this one, and never once has he threatened me in any way, nor have I ever threatened him either.
I also apologize to this board, the people on it, and to Bob Williamson for disrespecting his board.
My temper got the best of me, again, and I apologize for MY part in this.

It is my opinion that this was a personal disagreement between Don and I, and really serves no purpose to the industry, except to see the BAD side of two veteran Florida Roof Cleaners.
If YOU "get off" on seeing two cleaning brothers in mortal combat, then call Bob and politic for this thread to remain ?
But I am going to request, IF Don feels the same way, that this thread be removed.
My apologies, again, for MY part in this.
Chris

JC
07-26-2008, 07:36 AM
Why not just remove the fighting sections of the thread? Everything else is useful information that I (and others) will come back to in the future

Thad
07-26-2008, 10:07 AM
I don't think anything gets removed.
That's the two-edged sword. We only have self-censorship.
That means that no one else is going to come along and remove your words but it also means that you had better think about what you are about to write because it's gonna be there.

scrappy
07-26-2008, 11:02 AM
you can go in and modify your post, erase it all and just put a couple of periods . ..

A-PLUS
07-26-2008, 11:09 AM
They quoted each other all the through, so unless the
other modifies their post it's still there for the world to see.

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks guys.
It will take a lot of modifying.
I just thought it might be easier to wipe the who dam thing out, thats all.

douseahouse
07-26-2008, 02:02 PM
I need to order a Delevan SOON and want to get feedback on which on to get and why.. The 1/2" or the 5/8"??

I would have thought that 5/8" is better because its bigger and more flow is the way to go BUT most of the people I have talked to have the 1/2".... So I started this poll just to figure it all out

the way i see it is jim started this whole mess. he is the real trouble-maker here and should clean-up after himself. jim, in the future, please keep your polls a little more user friendly.

rando

"you just gotta love it"

JC
07-26-2008, 02:28 PM

the way i see it is jim started this whole mess. he is the real trouble-maker here and should clean-up after himself. jim, in the future, please keep your polls a little more user friendly.

rando

"you just gotta love it"

LOL, You sound like my girlfriend... Everything is MY fault :lol:

scrappy
07-26-2008, 02:34 PM
don't ya love how that works lol :mad:

pwkid
07-26-2008, 03:47 PM
It works worse with wives. Girlfriends you can walk away from, wives cost you a lot more lol. Don't ever get married lmao just kidding.

JC
07-26-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm divorced after 14 years, so i know what you are talking about :-[

scrappy
07-26-2008, 05:06 PM
ouch i wonder if there is a study on how many inches you loose on you wallet size correlating to how long you been married lol

gr8white
07-26-2008, 05:43 PM
ouch i wonder if there is a study on how many inches you loose on you wallet size correlating to how long you been married lol

staying married and getting divorced cost the same imo...only difference is the payment plan. Kinda like if you hit the lottery, you have the option of lump sum or annual payment :D

gr8white
07-26-2008, 05:47 PM
...BTW, I'm married so I'm on the payment plan :P

Ocean City Power Wash
07-26-2008, 09:53 PM
I know several guys who divorced and remarried. They all tell me they should have just stayed married to their first wife. Their seconds one are just as bad as the first ones.

russ s
07-26-2008, 10:25 PM
thank the good Lord I dont have that problem

ALL SURFACE
07-27-2008, 01:48 AM
Im with you Russ. I gots me a good one. :thumbsup: Love her to death.

Kory
07-27-2008, 10:34 PM
TBD.... :bangin:

gr8white
07-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Before I bought my delevan setup a few months ago all MY research pointed towards the 5/8... interesting the poll is pointing towards 1/2.

Apple Roof Cleaning
07-28-2008, 12:15 PM
3/8 hose is the best, for my competitors >:D

4000PSI
07-28-2008, 03:20 PM
I'm divorced after 14 years, so i know what you are talking about :-[

You could have saved yourself a whole lot of hassle by just finding a woman you hate and giving her half your stuff...

Gulf Side
12-15-2008, 04:24 PM
I'd like to know what Bob thinks about 1/2" vs 5/8"....

JC
12-15-2008, 04:29 PM

All his roof rigs comes with 1/2"

Gulf Side
12-15-2008, 05:31 PM

All his roof rigs comes with 1/2"

Yeah, I know...
But is that because of cost efficency??

gr8white
12-15-2008, 05:40 PM
All the gas powered rigs come with 1/2 i'm guessing because they have the power to lose where a delavan you cant afford to lose any power through the smaller hose and it has the 5/8 option (which I went with). Seems like everything I do requires 300feet of hose so that was my reasoning. I'm not saying I'm right or wrong,jmo

JC
12-15-2008, 06:15 PM
I dont have enough experence with either one to say if one is better then the other but I do have a fair amount of experence with Bob and I trust him. I went with the 1/2" and I like it. Its easy to drag around shoots great.

amen
12-15-2008, 06:17 PM
1/2 :thumbsup:

PressureCleanUSA
12-20-2008, 02:34 PM
I have 300' of 1/2" and it works great out of the delevan 5 gpm.

I use the 1/2" as an all purpose hose that is for housewashes/roofs/driveways. There are sometimes when I wish it was coming out faster but then you have to think about run-off/waste and less is better when it comes to plants. I wouldn't want to do a pool enclosure with 5/8"...I miss plenty with the 1/2" and it goes right on the grass/plants. If you are going with the 5/8" I think you would want a large supply tank.

When this thread started I hadn't yet received my 300' from Bob. I used 3/8 prior to recently upgrading. I love it.

russ s
12-21-2008, 10:31 AM
I just ordered 300 feet of 1/2 inch pliovec from Bob, no more 5/8 for me :thumbsdown:

Thad
12-21-2008, 12:06 PM
I just ordered 300 feet of 1/2 inch pliovec from Bob, no more 5/8 for me :thumbsdown:

:eek:

amen
12-21-2008, 07:05 PM

1/2 agg
:eek:

ALL SURFACE
12-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Hey!!!!! Is that my bungie cord? LOL

douseahouse
12-21-2008, 07:53 PM
joe,

tell me a little about that hose reel in the background.

rando

amen
12-21-2008, 08:05 PM
its a titan hose reel and it real nice. it has a handle on it to reel up your hose it about 400.00 i think..

All Seasons Exteriors
12-21-2008, 09:44 PM

Russ,

You tryin' to pull a "psych" on us??? :eek: :confused: :lol:

russ s
12-21-2008, 10:09 PM

Russ,

You tryin' to pull a "psych" on us??? :eek: :confused: :lol:

nope, I really did order it and I am going to make the "Big Switch" or is it a small switch ? Whichever I am telling the truth, The goodyear hose has been a true champ but it is just so heavy and bulky, I spoke with Bob at leangth about the pliovec and I just figured it was worth giving it a shot.

JC
12-21-2008, 10:25 PM
which pump are you hooking it to?

russ s
12-21-2008, 10:28 PM
which pump are you hooking it to?

fatboy

All Seasons Exteriors
12-21-2008, 10:51 PM
I don't think it will work.
But if Bob thinks otherwise, he defintely knows his stuff!!!

There might be some amp issues with that pump/hose combo. I would go very large on the tips at first and work backwards.

None of these 12v pumps were actually made and designed to do what some of us are trying to do with them.

All Seasons Exteriors
12-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Russ,

The more I think about it, the more I think it might work.
I'll get into it further when I have more time.

Don

Russ S
08-16-2009, 11:16 AM
It works!

And has been working well with zero problems.