Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 12.5% and 8gpm

Super Helper Member

Re: 12.5% and 8gpm

I used one of Bob's improvised injectors for a while, but didn't get as good of a ratio as I did with the regular DS injectors, so I switched back.

Maybe bob will chime in here, but I don't think the injector restricts the flow the size 3-5 gpm or 5-8 gpm is the flow needed to make it pull.
    J.C. Galmiche
    Cajun Cleanin' Powerwashing
    Daphne, Al.
    251-510-9508
    cajuncleanin@mchsi.com
    www.cajuncleanin.com
    Pressure washing Daphne,Fairhope,Alabama.

Prestige Member

The 3-5 gpm injector has a smaller hole than the 5-8 therefore the flow restriction, all the water that your pump pumps has to go through that little bitty hole and the 5 to 8 gpm injectors are larger than the 3 to 5 gpms
    Hal Brown
    Sophia Nc 27350
    www.AbvPressureWashing.com

Really it's not that much of a difference as far as orifice size, 200-300psi loss not sure as far as flow. I QC the down streamer at the reel and take it out when I do flat work, that is where I see a difference.

Hal, I do agree on changing to 1/2" hose on the machine and then to the reel, but not after the reel. I will be doing this in July when things slow down a bit. Did you get my PM?
    Pressure Kleen L.L.C.
    Power Washing Service
    Tar-Heel N.C. 28392
    Guy Blackmon 910-876-1594

House Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Pressure Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Power Washing Fayetteville N.C.

Prestige Member

I got it ,I Guy i wash washing chicken houses the other day and saw a landa machine with 7690 hours on it he said he has went through 2 motors and was on the third one.Thought you would like that
    Hal Brown
    Sophia Nc 27350

So I am getting ready to hook everything up with new 8gpm machine. Should I run 1/2 from my machine to the reel. I'm using a new cox reel, I believe it had 1/2 inch fittings. I put reducers on it to accept the 3/8. If I'm going to set it up I might as well do it right first. I have both 3 to 5 and 5 to 8 injectors just figured I would use 5 to 8. Any other tips for setting up the new machine. It's nice to hear from guys that have been using these machines. I will start my mix at 5 of sh and 10 gal of water and go from there. Thanks
    All Surface Pressure Washing, LLC Mentor, Ohio<br />Anthony J Spena Jr (440) 339-7436 http://www.allsurfacewash.com/

Prestige Member

Sure if you dont want to choke it down you have the flow dont restrict it.If you wanted a workout you could put 1/2 inch hose on the reel as well.What kinda machine do you have it should have been plumbed up with 1/2 inch jumper hoses.You dont have to go to that extreme most everybody goes 3/8 but if you want the max water flow you can get i would atleast go 1/2 out to the reel including jumper line
    Hal Brown
    Sophia Nc 27350

Prestige Member

does anyone have both 1/2", 3/8" hoses and a bucket to test the jumper line theory?

Prestige Member

[quote author=Guy B link=topic=10253.msg136902#msg136902 date=1272245922]
    Really it's not that much of a difference as far as orifice size, 200-300psi loss not sure as far as flow.[/quote]

PW pumps are constant displacement pumps. The only way to reduce flow is to divert water (that's what an unloader does) or slow the engine. A smaller orifice will increase resistance presented to the engine, but as long as the line pressure does not exceed design specs (PSI = (HP * 1100)/ GPM) the restriction in the line will not slow the engine.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -
    Samuel Adams

Prestige Member

Philip, does this mean that with increased resistance, unloaders can redirect water while water is also being used through the presssure hose? I am assuming the answer is yes, or else there would have to be some other type of bypass valve. That makes sense, but in my mind I had always thought of an unloader as being an all or nothing type valve. I really need to take my pump apart so I can see what's going on in there. I need to learn to service my pump myself, instead of paying someone.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast