Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pickup fleet (small)

pickup fleet (small)

ive been washing my father inlaws trucks, he owns a pest control co. and has five pickups. iam curious how much you guys would charge for a job like this to see how far off i am. ive been useing a presoak then brush then spray wax plus tire foam. im not interested in fleets but where his office is there are several service companys with two or three trucks that sit outside (think strip mall w/ garage doors) i do this on sundays and would like to offer to clean the other trucks while im there but i dont know what to charge.

i tried to use the search but all i found was tractor /trailer info

thanks
    Andrew Neer
    417-770-0403
    andrewneer@sbcglobal.net

Re: pickup fleet (small)

I am assuming (please correct me if I'm wrong) that your business is fairly new.

Being in our second year ourselves I would recommend that you measure the time that it takes you to do the pickups that you are already doing, and offer a rate that will equal out to an hourly rate that will support your business. Remember to think of the extra costs involved in running your business ie: business ins, vehicle ins, office supplies, accounting costs, etc.
    When quoting you also want to make sure that each account is self sustaining, that would really suck if you were basing one guys price based on the fact that 2 of his neighbours are being washed at the same time and have the other 2 pull out leaving you losing money. If you are going to do this, make sure that all parties involved understand that you are waiving a minimum charge as you are grouping them together for better pricing and that it could change if their dynamics do.

Last year I chased commercial trucking accounts like crazy in our first 3 months, it did not take me long to realize that Joe's pressure wash down the street was charging 50-60$ an hour and there is NO WAY that we could thrive off of that hourly rate. The companies that we do currently pay our rate and continue to do so because we provide them with great service.

Sorry for the huge post..
    Soleil
    Spray Wave Mobile Pressure Wash
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    204-509-4976
    admin@spraywave.com
    www.spraywave.com
    www.mydirtyhouse.com
    www.buildingcleaningcanada.com
    www.theresmoldonmyroof.com

Ok just a few questions and I think I might be able to help. All we do is car lots so this is kinda the same in a way. We offer different services to all our clients then tailor it to mee there needs.

1. You are presoaking with the soap nozzel then brushing and rinsing?
    2. Are you drying the car so not spots are left or are you using spot free water?
    3. Are you buying your spray wax at like Auto Zone or from a detail shop supplier?
    4. same question on the tire foam?
    Bryan Henson
    Xstream Pressure Washing
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    xstreampressurewashing@yahoo.com
    Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/xstreampressure

[quote author=bhenson link=topic=10611.msg140905#msg140905 date=1276880028]
    Ok just a few questions and I think I might be able to help. All we do is car lots so this is kinda the same in a way. We offer different services to all our clients then tailor it to mee there needs.

1. You are presoaking with the soap nozzel then brushing and rinsing?
    2. Are you drying the car so not spots are left or are you using spot free water?
    3. Are you buying your spray wax at like Auto Zone or from a detail shop supplier?
    4. same question on the tire foam?
    [/quote]

1.yes
    2.no and no
    3.from my reg. supplyer and its deionized
    4. walmart
    Andrew Neer
    417-770-0403
    andrewneer@sbcglobal.net

[quote author=Sunshine link=topic=10611.msg140897#msg140897 date=1276872972]
    I am assuming (please correct me if I'm wrong) that your business is fairly new.

Being in our second year ourselves I would recommend that you measure the time that it takes you to do the pickups that you are already doing, and offer a rate that will equal out to an hourly rate that will support your business. Remember to think of the extra costs involved in running your business ie: business ins, vehicle ins, office supplies, accounting costs, etc.
    When quoting you also want to make sure that each account is self sustaining, that would really suck if you were basing one guys price based on the fact that 2 of his neighbours are being washed at the same time and have the other 2 pull out leaving you losing money. If you are going to do this, make sure that all parties involved understand that you are waiving a minimum charge as you are grouping them together for better pricing and that it could change if their dynamics do.

Last year I chased commercial trucking accounts like crazy in our first 3 months, it did not take me long to realize that Joe's pressure wash down the street was charging 50-60$ an hour and there is NO WAY that we could thrive off of that hourly rate. The companies that we do currently pay our rate and continue to do so because we provide them with great service.

Sorry for the huge post..
    [/quote]

this is my frst year (first few months) and i have all the needed ins. ect. my problem is that it takes me aprox. 20-30 mins to wash a truck and @ $75 /hour i dont see many people paying $35 per truck to have it washed. i just wanted to know what the "norm" for regular sized vehicle washing was.

thanks for the response
    Andrew Neer
    417-770-0403
    andrewneer@sbcglobal.net

True, but your not just washing the truck. You are washing, rinsing waxing and tire dressing. That is a mini refresh and its worth $25-$35. You have to sell your service.

The only diff. in what we do and what your doing is we dont wax the cars but we vacuum the interior. We get $25-$35. Depends on the lot. It takes us 15 mins each with to ppl. One inside and the othe outside.

Bryan Henson
    Xstream Pressure Washing
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    xstreampressurewashing@yahoo.com
    Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/xstreampressure

[quote author=bhenson link=topic=10611.msg140937#msg140937 date=1276912334]
    True, but your not just washing the truck. You are washing, rinsing waxing and tire dressing. That is a mini refresh and its worth $25-$35. You have to sell your service.

The only diff. in what we do and what your doing is we dont wax the cars but we vacuum the interior. We get $25-$35. Depends on the lot. It takes us 15 mins each with to ppl. One inside and the othe outside.
    [/quote]

maybe i can get some of them to bite. the vacuum part sounds like a good selling point as most are very dirty
    Andrew Neer
    417-770-0403
    andrewneer@sbcglobal.net

I have tried to get into some small fleets like this and I can tell you there isn't any money in it for me.I think you are trying to compare what your doing which is a detail to what others do as a truck wash.You are hand washing these trucks for 2.5 hrs and buying all the consumables wax,tire foam,etc and are making less than 180.00 doing it.I would tell my fatherinlaw to take em to the local car wash and I would start hunting something to make money at like residential services.

I think if you spent your 2.5 hrs every sunday hanging door hangers or putting out flyers you would make more money.But I don't wash fleets so I don't know if I answered your question.Sometimes the answer is doing it at all is a bad idea.
    J.C. Galmiche
    Cajun Cleanin' Powerwashing
    Daphne, Al.
    251-510-9508
    cajuncleanin@mchsi.com
    www.cajuncleanin.com
    Pressure washing Daphne,Fairhope,Alabama.

Super Helper Member

Ya wanna wash trucks? Pick up the phone and make some cold calls. :thumbsup: Hands down the number #1 way to attract fleet contracts. Bryan Henson is the guy to talk to about washing/detailing cars. I believe he washes a few thousand a week.

jason
    Jason Quick
    Quick's Power Washing
    Bloomington,Indiana
    www.quickspowerwashing.co

[quote author=cajun cleanin link=topic=10611.msg140997#msg140997 date=1276994929]
    I have tried to get into some small fleets like this and I can tell you there isn't any money in it for me.I think you are trying to compare what your doing which is a detail to what others do as a truck wash.You are hand washing these trucks for 2.5 hrs and buying all the consumables wax,tire foam,etc and are making less than 180.00 doing it.I would tell my fatherinlaw to take em to the local car wash and I would start hunting something to make money at like residential services.

I think if you spent your 2.5 hrs every sunday hanging door hangers or putting out flyers you would make more money.But I don't wash fleets so I don't know if I answered your question.Sometimes the answer is doing it at all is a bad idea.
    [/quote]

im not making money and i know it but i dont mind doing this for him and i think i can get to where it only takes an hour or so. what i would like to do is get a couple of the trucks close by at a normal price so i can make a couple bucks at it.

i see your point and like i said im not looking to get into truck washing just trying to make this a little more worth my while

thaks for the input guys
    Andrew Neer
    417-770-0403
    andrewneer@sbcglobal.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast