Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Be safe... Don't let this happen to you !!!

Re: Be safe... Don't let this happen to you !!!

Please buy bull horns for every single ladder you own. They are cheap, protect the house, gutter and you. These are the kind I use and I own about a dozen of them. Sounds like I should have sent one to Dave

http://www.lowes.com/pd_95493-287-AC...ductId=3047885

Go one step more and put these on every ladder over 24". I have these on the 32' ladders. It only takes a little unlevel ground to make a bad day when you are 30 feet up in the air.

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?...&cId=PDIO1
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

I hope you heal up and get well soon,man!

I use the same set of ladder stand-offs as William.

What caused the ladder to go out from under you?Bad footpad?I always turn the footpads up when I'm on soft ground or grass and let the ladder dig into the dirt.
    J.C. Galmiche
    Cajun Cleanin' Powerwashing
    Daphne, Al.
    251-510-9508
    cajuncleanin@mchsi.com
    www.cajuncleanin.com
    Pressure washing Daphne,Fairhope,Alabama.

Prestige Member

[quote author=offdutyfireman link=topic=10674.msg141735#msg141735 date=1277759802]
    Please buy bull horns for every single ladder you own.

Go one step more and put these on every ladder over 24". I have these on the 32' ladders. It only takes a little unlevel ground to make a bad day when you are 30 feet up in the air.[/quote]

+1 on both counts. Once I installed these, I will never own another without 'em.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -
    Samuel Adams

+2 I have the Level Lok Leg leveler and matching brackets on my extension ladders and the Werner Quik Klip Ladder Stabilizer (bullhorns) for added safety while using ladders.

These two items have saved my life for sure over the past 5 years using ladders while working my window cleaning and power washing business. I won't work without them. Worth their weight in gold!

David, I hate that this happened to you but thanks for sharing your experience. I'm glad it wasn't any worse than it was (which was really bad) and hope you have a speedy recovery.
    Richard Crocker
    www.UltraClearWindowCleaning.com
    Greenwood, SC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123