Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tiger stripes on gutters

Re: Tiger stripes on gutters

[quote author=moody1 link=topic=10927.msg145045#msg145045 date=1281025978]
    Maybe later in the fall, but things are too busy right now. Though Sid did just throw another log on the fire in "unidentified creature."
    [/quote]

Agreed, too many better things to do this time of year. Winter time is when the fun begins on the boards :thumbsup:
    Kevin Stokes
    Top Dawg Pressure Washing
    Augusta, GA
    (706)726-5700
    www.topdawgpressurewashing.com

Prestige Member

[quote author=John Doherty link=topic=10927.msg145031#msg145031 date=1281011643]
    [quote author=JC link=topic=10927.msg145022#msg145022 date=1281003967]
    I have given estimates on homes that were side by side, same builder and the same age, one with terrible tiger stripes and the other without, neither has had them washed before??
    [/quote]
    Different aluminum stock, they make the gutters on the spot, once a coil runs out they use another one and the quality may not be the same.

You can have an upper and lower gutter on the same side of a house with aluminum from different coils. One will clean real easy and the other will be a bear.
    [/quote]

Different stock makes sense :thumbsup:

I thought for sure Phil would know how the tiger stripes are formed :P

Jim, call me and I will tell you how they are formed. I can assure it has nothing to do with jet fuel.
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

i heard it was caused by lawn knome piss
    Andrew Neer
    417-770-0403
    andrewneer@sbcglobal.net

Prestige Member

I think sometimes it's caused by me spraying old coffee on their gutters the night before an estimate. >

Prestige Member

[quote author=offdutyfireman link=topic=10927.msg145059#msg145059 date=1281039528]
    Jim, call me and I will tell you how they are formed. I can assure it has nothing to do with jet fuel.
    [/quote]

I would have never have guessed that in a million years but it makes perfect sense, thanks, I owe ya one :thumbsup:

No problem.
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

I will revive this thread with a new observation I have made. There is a new construction townhouse complex near me that does not even have occupancy yet but I can tell you that the tiger stripes are really pronounced and I have no doubt based on experience that they would be a bugger to remove. So this observation proves that stripes are not caused primarily by dirt or mold of any kind. I am in a small town so jet fuel theories can be ruled out. It is almost certainly a combination of the brand of gutter and brand of asphalt. I am not sure how many companies sell continuous aluminum coils, Gentek being one, or how many shingle manufacturers there are but it seems some products contribute more than others.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123