Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Software?

Software?

I use Quickbooks to keep up with my paper work and estimates. Does anyone have a better suggestion for software to use? Also do you do hand writen estimates on site or go back to the office and email them the estimate? Thanks.
    Josh Stephens
    Coastal Power Wash
    www.coastalpowerwashga.com (underconstruction)
    Darien, Georgia
    912-223-3188

Re: Software?

I like using the 2 part carbonless for estimates. I also like to ask for the business while I am there. (much better chance of closing them) I only really email for commercial or for rental properties, out of town owners, etc. when no one is there.

[quote author=traer77 link=topic=11035.msg146109#msg146109 date=1282595005]
    I like using the 2 part carbonless for estimates. I also like to ask for the business while I am there. (much better chance of closing them) I only really email for commercial or for rental properties, out of town owners, etc. when no one is there.
    [/quote]

Ah ok... do you have a website you buy the 2 part carbonless sheets from?

Thanks
    Josh Stephens
    Coastal Power Wash
    Darien, Georgia
    912-223-3188

I get mine locally but search google for carbonless forms printing and you should find a bunch. You will have to upload your own estimate form.

Prestige Member

I use Quicken Small Business (similar to quickbooks) with my laptop. I fill out the customer information and address in Quicken before going out on the estimates, then all I have to do is fill in the values on site, and I print the estimate in the truck before I leave using a small cheap hp printer and a 400 watt inverter. This has saved me a ton of time and hassle. Also, I think the nice printed personalized quotes with business letter head and logo looks impressively professional.

I will look around traer77

That sounds like a good idea Mood1... I will look into some printers.

I appreciate the help.
    Josh Stephens
    Coastal Power Wash
    Darien, Georgia
    912-223-3188

Prestige Member

We go the preprinted route - 3 part forms, terms & conditions on the back, etc... for just about everything. We used to do the whole put the estimate in QB, email to customer, etc...but evaluated that process and found we were spending waaayyy too much time. Since the 3 part forms, our close rate has increased and my QB isn't bogged down with tire-kickers. Once the estimate has expired, I do put those folks in our customer manager so that they are on our list for mailings, etc.
    Carolina ProWash - Boss
    Chicken Wrangler
    Glass Artist Extraordinaire

Prestige Member

[quote author=Celeste@CarolinaProWash link=topic=11035.msg146200#msg146200 date=1282659171]
    We go the preprinted route - 3 part forms, terms & conditions on the back, etc... for just about everything. We used to do the whole put the estimate in QB, email to customer, etc...but evaluated that process and found we were spending waaayyy too much time. Since the 3 part forms, our close rate has increased and my QB isn't bogged down with tire-kickers. Once the estimate has expired, I do put those folks in our customer manager so that they are on our list for mailings, etc.
    [/quote]

what is a customer manager?

[quote author=Celeste@CarolinaProWash link=topic=11035.msg146200#msg146200 date=1282659171]
    [/quote]

I am looking around for 3 part forums. Any sites or places you recommend?
    Josh Stephens
    Coastal Power Wash
    Darien, Georgia
    912-223-3188

JC outlook has a really good customer manager, you could also use ACT or even a spreadsheet.

FedEx Kinkos has pretty good service & prices. I get this stuff local because when I need new forms, I really need new forms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast