Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football Strike?

Football Strike?

Well it looks like they are gonna strike or get locked out and decertify.

I really feel like the players are trying to run the owners businesses for them.I understand the career span of a pro athlete is very small and they need to make it while they can.If I were an owner I would cut them all and start over.

How many Jamarcus Russell's and Ryan Leaf's are the owners gonna have to pay for before they get some kind of protection against it.

What do you think?
    J.C. Galmiche
    Cajun Cleanin' Powerwashing
    Daphne, Al.
    251-510-9508
    cajuncleanin@mchsi.com
    www.cajuncleanin.com
    Pressure washing Daphne,Fairhope,Alabama.

Re: Football Strike?

I think if grown ups stopped watching grown men play sports then it would be a moot point.
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

Me and my boy would miss watching the games, but I think all of them should strike, close the stadiums and forget about it for a couple years.

They want to know what to do with all the money, cut ticket prices in half or more so more families could afford it

Screw them all

[quote author=Jeff link=topic=11922.msg158517#msg158517 date=1299883793]
    Me and my boy would miss watching the games, but I think all of them should strike, close the stadiums and forget about it for a couple years.

They want to know what to do with all the money, cut ticket prices in half or more so more families could afford it

Screw them all
    [/quote]

:lol:

5 Star Exterior Cleaning
    Exterior Cleaning Service
    Goldsboro, NC 27534
    Demetric Byrd 912-585-6786

So as a Business owner (Any Business Owner), his employee salaries are based on what His Company makes?? Really?? And His employees are demanding Him to open His books so they can see for themselves how much His Business is really making!! Really?? >

If players would invest their money more wisely, they would be set for life. But most act like Charlie Sheen or much worse. I don't rank Owners much higher than "Pimps"........... I do love me some Football Though!! :thumbsup:
    Pressure Kleen L.L.C.
    Power Washing Service
    Tar-Heel N.C. 28392
    Guy Blackmon 910-876-1594

House Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Pressure Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Power Washing Fayetteville N.C.

Prestige Member

The goverment will not let the strike happen to much $$$$ involved.It will be resolved soon just a good show for now.
    Hal Brown
    Sophia Nc 27350
    www.AbvPressureWashing.com

[quote author=kiloman7 link=topic=11922.msg158537#msg158537 date=1299894222]
    The goverment will not let the strike happen to much $$$$ involved.It will be resolved soon just a good show for now.
    [/quote]

Hal you know this happened before. Gov. didn't do anything then, and they sure as crap won't do anything now. There won't be much public sympathy for a Football player making 10 or 20 million a year, I know I don't.

They'll do what they did a few years ago, fill the teams with "No Names" and players that cross the picket line to pay for their "High End Lifestyles"
    Pressure Kleen L.L.C.
    Power Washing Service
    Tar-Heel N.C. 28392
    Guy Blackmon 910-876-1594

House Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Pressure Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Power Washing Fayetteville N.C.

College football is much better ........same for basketball, and baseball. Anyone like to watch baseball in person? Went to my first College game last spring. Much better than MLB, closer to the field, you could hear the guy's cheering for each other and a whole lot cheaper......

College and even High School sports are better to me than professional, I love to see someone play for the love of the game.

Heck I would rather see a softball game or a kids little league game than a pro anything!
    Prokleen Power Wash of Alabama and Florida
    Serving Commercial and Residential Customers in Alabama and Florida Since 1996
    www.prokleenpressurewashing.com
    251-222-3011

Prestige Member

I wouldn't mind a year without pro football. I am a dedicated Browns fan, and my Sundays would be much better without them. The NFL is the only professional sport I watch. Everything else is college. I LOVE college basketball. Here's hoping my Zips win the MAC championship tonight against Kent (ESPN2 @ 6 ET). This is Akron's fifth straight MAC championship appearance. I'm sure that most of you are unaware (and probably don't care), but these two schools are huge rivals, separated by only fifteen miles, and having them both in the championship game is exciting for the fans here. If you've got nothing going on, then I would definitely recommend this game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast