Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much information do you give on a service quote?

How much information do you give on a service quote?

I'm tired of using generic service quote forms so I am making my own to send to print. My question is how much info do you give your customers? Do itemize and include footage and price. Or do you just give a over all "house wash $250". Or "Driveway $120" answer. As a customer I'd like to see where my money is going but how much is too much info from a contractors point? I have mixed feelings about this.

Chad

Re: How much information do you give on a service quote?

I think if you're in front of a HO and they trust you, you will get the job. Giving an itemized list with prices will help build that trust.
    On the other hand, some people are just interested in price and the itemized list won't help but I don't think it would hurt.
    I don't provide price per sq ft, just price for each item being cleaned, but I do sometimes write down the sq ft for my own referance.
    John

I have found the more detailed you are with your process, the better. I break decks down into square footage and itemize what each process entails and the price per s/f

Details good, I brake out driveways or sidewalks if they want it broke out, I think its important to include things like refs and w/c &liab certificate. My est sheets has a list of items such as driveway sidewalks, patio furniture windows, decks etc... that way I just check in the box.

[quote author=dave mac link=topic=12008.msg159622#msg159622 date=1301591880]
    Details good, I brake out driveways or sidewalks if they want it broke out, I think its important to include things like refs and w/c &liab certificate. My est sheets has a list of items such as driveway sidewalks, patio furniture windows, decks etc... that way I just check in the box.
    [/quote]

I agree with you and Ken, more is better, but nobody gets a cert unless it's required to do the work, commercial, PMs only, not home owners.
    John Doherty
    Garden State Mobile Wash, LLC

New Jersey Power Washing, Roof Cleaning and Exterior Cleaning Services

My sheets have a line for every service we offer from house wash to roof wash to trimming limbs off the roof line.

I couldn't tell you how many times they have upsold themselves after looking at their copy.(Oh you clean windows?)Yes Maam.Well go ahead and do that to.
    J.C. Galmiche
    Cajun Cleanin' Powerwashing
    Daphne, Al.
    251-510-9508
    cajuncleanin@mchsi.com
    www.cajuncleanin.com
    Pressure washing Daphne,Fairhope,Alabama.

Prestige Member

[quote author=pressurepros link=topic=12008.msg159620#msg159620 date=1301588606]
    I have found the more detailed you are with your process, the better. I break decks down into square footage and itemize what each process entails and the price per s/f
    [/quote]

I have a hard time fitting all that on the back of a napkin, just give the price :P

Don't know if this will work but here is what I have for Resi. customers
    Attached Files Attached Files

[quote author=JC link=topic=12008.msg159631#msg159631 date=1301595132]
    [quote author=pressurepros link=topic=12008.msg159620#msg159620 date=1301588606]
    [/quote]

I have a hard time fitting all that on the back of a napkin, just give the price :P
    [/quote]

It all fits on the back of my self-print business cards

Super Helper Member

Ken do you have trouble with people wanting to break down what they are having done?

EX Well lets just do this sidewalk here and that small deck over there and this section of gutter..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast