Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driveway cleaning and sealing questions

Driveway cleaning and sealing questions

I got a call from a lady who is a repeat customer. She wants a price to clean and seal her driveway, cedar trellis, screened porch,driveway, redo her 3 garage doors( probably strip and stain), clean her rock patio across the back of the house and paint some window sills. I am also gonna give her a price on washing the house because the window sills have green growing on them.

The driveway was wet when I got there today(rain). I was there last week stripping, sanding, staining and sealing her front door unit. Today I noticed some staining today that I didn't notice last week on the driveway. The driveway is about 3 years old and was sealed with Super Diamond (w/ color added) when new. It was applied by roller and you can see some lines of color. I have read that you can wash some color away when cleaning. Is that something I would need to be concerned about in this situation? Would you also seal the rock border? Would you strip first (not something I want to do)?

There is approximately 5,309 sqft of driveway and rock border. If there are any other concerns I am missing please advise. Pictures in next post
    Keith Neese
    Aqua Pros Pressure washing
    Milledgeville, Ga
    478-457-6257

Re: Driveway cleaning and sealing questions

I can't seem to get pics to load
    Keith Neese
    Milledgeville, Ga
    478-457-6257

They're probably too big, make them 1000x 750 that size usually loads.

pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Keith Neese
    Milledgeville, Ga
    478-457-6257

more pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Keith Neese
    Milledgeville, Ga
    478-457-6257

I could use some advice on this driveway project if anyone is willing. Do you think I could just clean and reseal, or would i need to strip it? The color was added to the sealer? Hopefully I can provide any more information you may need.
    Keith Neese
    Milledgeville, Ga
    478-457-6257

You need to reseal with the same type sealer ie solvent based. Different type sealers will not neccesarily bond to each other. Do you know what it was originally sealed with?
    Clark Hussey
    AP Surface Solutions LLC
    518-396-0972
    Non-pressure Roof Cleaning Albany NY
    Non-pressure House Washing Albany NY

[quote author=apsurfacesolutions link=topic=12012.msg159889#msg159889 date=1302031539]
    You need to reseal with the same type sealer ie solvent based. Different type sealers will not neccesarily bond to each other. Do you know what it was originally sealed with?
    [/quote]

I do know that it was originally sealed with Super Diamond and had color added to it. I am not sure of the color, but I could get that information I think. I worked for the company that painted the house originally, so I know the builder very well. The driveway is about 3 years old. I plan on going back with the same product, my concern is the splotchy areas. I don't know how another coat (same color added) is going to look when finished. I want to make this look great and keep her business.
    Keith Neese
    Milledgeville, Ga
    478-457-6257

I would pressure wash first making sure any loose sealer is removed. Then reseal using the same product I am sure you will need to do 2 coats to get the color even.
    Clark Hussey
    AP Surface Solutions LLC
    518-396-0972
    Non-pressure Roof Cleaning Albany NY
    Non-pressure House Washing Albany NY

[quote author=apsurfacesolutions link=topic=12012.msg159895#msg159895 date=1302040245]
    I would pressure wash first making sure any loose sealer is removed. Then reseal using the same product I am sure you will need to do 2 coats to get the color even.
    [/quote]

thank you for your input. That is kind of what I was thinking, but when I was speaking with the homeowner, she did say that she thought it was to dark to begin with. I dont want it to be to dark. Maybe I should just tell her that unless we strip it and start over that is what we will be dealing with.
    Keith Neese
    Milledgeville, Ga
    478-457-6257

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast