Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roof Chemicals for Black Streaks

Roof Chemicals for Black Streaks

Hi, I'd say I'm fairly new to the business and was told Pressure Tek has all the equipment and chemicals I need to get going with my roof cleaning.
    Here in Swartz Creek, MI (in general, Flint and the surrounding areas) we seem to deal with mainly the black streaks rather than a lot of the mosses and other things that I've seen many companies handle. I've searched the PT site high and low and I haven't seem to have found the right chemical to clean those black streaks from roofs. I see all the F-# products like the Gutter Grenade and Simple Cherry house wash but none seem to be for roofs.

I was also told that a 12.5% sod chloride mixture was the best way to go. (Still kind of confused with the whole mixture process)

Does anyone know what I should be looking for?

Also, I know of products like Roof Reviver and Roof Ox. Has anyone tried either of these and how well do they work? (Roof Ox apparently can be applied pressure-less)

Thanks,
    Stephen
    Stephen Groesser
    G&S Roof Cleaning,
    Swartz Creek, MI
    www.GSRoofCleaning.com

Re: Roof Chemicals for Black Streaks

Search for Apple sauce and apple cider mix. You will use 12.5 % sodium hypochlorite
    Luke Ames
    Summit Roof Cleaning
    Central Illinois
    www.summitroofcleaners.com

Prestige Member

check out www.roofcleaningforums.com for your roof cleaning needs :thumbsup:

I sometimes use goat urine in my roof mix.The acididy helps make the mix HOT!
    J.C. Galmiche
    Cajun Cleanin' Powerwashing
    Daphne, Al.
    251-510-9508
    cajuncleanin@mchsi.com
    www.cajuncleanin.com
    Pressure washing Daphne,Fairhope,Alabama.

Prestige Member

[quote author=cajun cleanin link=topic=12049.msg160081#msg160081 date=1302265760]
    I sometimes use goat urine in my roof mix.The acididy helps make the mix HOT!
    [/quote]

feed your goat two scoops of simple cherry to add a little boost to your mix :thumbsup:

Looks like I'm going to have to start brushing up on my ratios again.

Thanks guys
    Stephen Groesser
    G&S Roof Cleaning,
    Swartz Creek, MI
    www.GSRoofCleaning.com

[quote author=Stephen link=topic=12049.msg160059#msg160059 date=1302233691]
    Hi, I'd say I'm fairly new to the business and was told Pressure Tek has all the equipment and chemicals I need to get going with my roof cleaning.
    Here in Swartz Creek, MI (in general, Flint and the surrounding areas) we seem to deal with mainly the black streaks rather than a lot of the mosses and other things that I've seen many companies handle. I've searched the PT site high and low and I haven't seem to have found the right chemical to clean those black streaks from roofs. I see all the F-# products like the Gutter Grenade and Simple Cherry house wash but none seem to be for roofs.

I was also told that a 12.5% sod chloride mixture was the best way to go. (Still kind of confused with the whole mixture process)

Does anyone know what I should be looking for?

Also, I know of products like Roof Reviver and Roof Ox. Has anyone tried either of these and how well do they work? (Roof Ox apparently can be applied pressure-less)

Thanks,
    Stephen
    [/quote]

REALLY??? YOU REALLY ASKED THIS??? How about you use the search function to gain some knowledge then if you don't find the answer you seek then ask.What's next....do you want one of us to come do the work for you and give you the money.

SH+WATER+SOAP=CLEAN ROOF
    Scott Karvonen
    Karvonen's Pro Clean
    Sylvester,Ga
    229-776-7856/229-344-5596
    Pressure Washers Mafia
    www.georgiaproclean.com

What is downstreaming?

I thought I would just throw that one out there too. >
    J.C. Galmiche
    Cajun Cleanin' Powerwashing
    Daphne, Al.
    251-510-9508
    cajuncleanin@mchsi.com
    www.cajuncleanin.com
    Pressure washing Daphne,Fairhope,Alabama.

Prestige Member

I use a mop and a bucket of Mr. Clean. Be careful as it gets really slippery.

Hey "Squirtgun", I never meant to offend you and turn you into an asshole. It is my right to ask questions whether or not someone has always asked or answered the ones I may have, that's why this forum is here.

I have looked and I saw many people talk about the sodium chlorite deal but I had not found something that completely solved my problem therefore I turned to making my own thread. "Muntonfire"'s post talking about the Apple Cider WAS a huge help to me, so respectfully piss off.

P.S: I would hate to see how bent out of shape you would be if something really important happened.

Have a good one,
    Stephen
    Stephen Groesser
    G&S Roof Cleaning,
    Swartz Creek, MI
    www.GSRoofCleaning.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast