Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roof Chemicals for Black Streaks

Prestige Member

Re: Roof Chemicals for Black Streaks

[quote author=Squirtgun link=topic=12049.msg160099#msg160099 date=1302280210]
    [quote author=Stephen link=topic=12049.msg160059#msg160059 date=1302233691]
    Hi, I'd say I'm fairly new to the business and was told Pressure Tek has all the equipment and chemicals I need to get going with my roof cleaning.
    Here in Swartz Creek, MI (in general, Flint and the surrounding areas) we seem to deal with mainly the black streaks rather than a lot of the mosses and other things that I've seen many companies handle. I've searched the PT site high and low and I haven't seem to have found the right chemical to clean those black streaks from roofs. I see all the F-# products like the Gutter Grenade and Simple Cherry house wash but none seem to be for roofs.

I was also told that a 12.5% sod chloride mixture was the best way to go. (Still kind of confused with the whole mixture process)

Does anyone know what I should be looking for?

Also, I know of products like Roof Reviver and Roof Ox. Has anyone tried either of these and how well do they work? (Roof Ox apparently can be applied pressure-less)

Thanks,
    Stephen
    [/quote]

REALLY??? YOU REALLY ASKED THIS??? How about you use the search function to gain some knowledge then if you don't find the answer you seek then ask.What's next....do you want one of us to come do the work for you and give you the money.

SH+WATER+SOAP=CLEAN ROOF
    [/quote]

+1 :thumbsup:

Prestige Member

[quote author=Stephen link=topic=12049.msg160109#msg160109 date=1302282795]
    Hey "Squirtgun", I never meant to offend you and turn you into an asshole. It is my right to ask questions whether or not someone has always asked or answered the ones I may have, that's why this forum is here.[/quote]

Yep, and it's your right to get really crappy advice when asking in the future. Which is exactly what will happen after a response like that one.

Let me explain it so you can understand it. We've been here for years. Collectively we've taken up *thousands* of hours to TYPE those answers and have them cataloged just for guys like you. There is even a special thread entitled HOW TO and NEWBIES READ located at the top of the list. And after all our efforts to help YOU, you won't even take the time to read what we have written? If this were a library, you just walked up to the counter and asked the librarian to go find a book on roof cleaning, identify the author, drag him back to the library, and make him read the to you. And you did it right in front of a big sign that says "Roof Cleaning seminar with author in 1 hour". Now ask yourself what kind of response you would get?? And yes, you would have the "right" to do that too....

I have looked and I saw many people talk about the sodium chlorite deal but I had not found something that completely solved my problem therefore I turned to making my own thread. "Muntonfire"'s post talking about the Apple Cider WAS a huge help to me, so respectfully piss off.[/quote]

Try searching for "roof cleaning". There are about 50 threads, many several pages long. If you had read them, there is no way in hell you would have said; " I haven't seem to have found the right chemical to clean those black streaks from roofs."

As for pissing off, we will. With the answers to your questions. Good luck!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -
    Samuel Adams

Prestige Member

Stephen, your fired.

[quote author=cajun cleanin link=topic=12049.msg160100#msg160100 date=1302280351]
    What is downstreaming?
    [/quote]
    Carolina Soft Wash LLC
    Lumberton, NC 28358
    (910) 740-2246

[quote author=Philip93 link=topic=12049.msg160112#msg160112 date=1302290266]
    Hey "Squirtgun", I never meant to offend you and turn you into an asshole. It is my right to ask questions whether or not someone has always asked or answered the ones I may have, that's why this forum is here.[/quote]

Yep, and it's your right to get really crappy advice when asking in the future. Which is exactly what will happen after a response like that one.

Let me explain it so you can understand it. We've been here for years. Collectively we've taken up *thousands* of hours to TYPE those answers and have them cataloged just for guys like you. There is even a special thread entitled HOW TO and NEWBIES READ located at the top of the list. And after all our efforts to help YOU, you won't even take the time to read what we have written? If this were a library, you just walked up to the counter and asked the librarian to go find a book on roof cleaning, identify the author, drag him back to the library, and make him read the to you. And you did it right in front of a big sign that says "Roof Cleaning seminar with author in 1 hour". Now ask yourself what kind of response you would get?? And yes, you would have the "right" to do that too....

I have looked and I saw many people talk about the sodium chlorite deal but I had not found something that completely solved my problem therefore I turned to making my own thread. "Muntonfire"'s post talking about the Apple Cider WAS a huge help to me, so respectfully piss off.[/quote]

Try searching for "roof cleaning". There are about 50 threads, many several pages long. If you had read them, there is no way in hell you would have said; " I haven't seem to have found the right chemical to clean those black streaks from roofs."

As for pissing off, we will. With the answers to your questions. Good luck!
    [/quote]

Philip, I had not found a thread called "HOW TO" or "NEWBIES READ" because it was under "The Lounge" where I had not bothered looking because I am not looking to "lounge." Forgive me for not going to the search to specifically search roof cleaning on a roof cleaning help site...

Oh, and the whole librarian thing, again I feel like searching for "roof cleaning" on a roof cleaning site is the same exact scenario you described to me.

Stephen Groesser
    G&S Roof Cleaning,
    Swartz Creek, MI
    www.GSRoofCleaning.com

I say discussing old topics may shed some new light on old topics that may not have been mentioned before. I think its a great idea to bring up old topics

Dave, what's your favorite brush? ;-)

[quote author=pressurepros link=topic=12049.msg160128#msg160128 date=1302306562]
    Dave, what's your favorite brush? ;-)
    [/quote]

I always found it funny people would make fun of people on a painters forumn when they bring up a topic like whats your favorite paint brush, its a painters forumn and they all use brushes every day seems like a good topic to me, its all good though if your gonna come on the boards you have to have thick skin. :thumbsup:

Purdy xl when i used to paint ( years ago) was my favorite but they change names and styles of brushes every year so its a good topic to keep fresh :lol:

Prestige Member

There is definitely a such thing as board etiquette, and one should always search before asking (not saying that I always have, but I usually do). Still, when someone asks a dumb question, all you have to do is not answer. Likewise, sometimes when someone flames you for asking a dumb question it is best to just take your licks and move on. Responding in kind can likely ruin your chances of getting help in the future. Honestly, I can relate because I recently joined XDA, a tech board, to get the latest on my android tablet. I see the same king of thing over there, so it keeps me from posting. Ultimately, I try not to get angry with someone who is seeking knowledge, whether they do it in the right way or not, at least they are trying to gain the proper technique. I do, however, enjoy responding with sarcasm. I think it conveys the message without forcing the poster to retaliate or lose face.

I am all for giving them false info. The last thing I want is someone else figuring out the right way to do something. If I talk to you on the phone or send you a PM you can take it to the bank. Otherwise, I wouldn't advise anyone to listen to half of what I say.
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast