Thread: Water Based Wet Look on Gravel

Prestige Member

Water Based Wet Look on Gravel

I just wanted to share an odd personal finding. I am sure that others already know about this, but this was a cool finding for me. I have recently started using some water based wet look acrylic sealer for concrete. I prefer to use penetrating because I have always thought it was easier, but I get a lot of requests for stamped concrete and pavers, so I have started doing some small jobs. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is not as intimidating as I thought it was. Anyway, my wife and I have been wanting to replace our double ground mulch with stone because of the shotgun fungus spores that are plaguing just about every house I clean. We looked at decorative stone, and that stuff is EXPENSIVE here in Ohio. We would need about 20-25 ton to do all of our beds. We decided to do under the decks with plain gravel 57s. I have worked with this type of gravel a lot during my excavating time, so I know that it is not the prettiest. However, it looks very colorful when it is wet. After we spread 15 tons of it under our decks I decided to use some leftover wet look sealer on one section of the 57s I washed. IT LOOKS AWESOME. I will post some pictures if anyone is interested.

Edit: Pictures Added
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Helper Member

Re: Water Based Wet Look on Gravel

Lets have a look at it Mike

jason
    Jason Quick
    Quick's Power Washing
    Bloomington,Indiana
    www.quickspowerwashing.co

:thumbsup:

Prestige Member

I added pictures to the original post. Both pictures are of #57 Gravel that has been rinsed with a hose. The second picture is after spraying with H&C Water Based Wet Look Acrylic Sealer cut 50/50 with water in a pump up sprayer (picture taken four days later on both). I paid around $15 per ton for the gravel. The cheapest decorative stone available in my area runs about $95 per ton, and most decorative stone is closer to $200 or more per ton.