Thread: Stripping old sealer off of basement concrete slab

Super Helper Member

Stripping old sealer off of basement concrete slab

I have a bid to make on stripping sealer off a 24 x 40 piece of concrete....the guy says the sealer is prob 15-20 years ols and is in good shape. He says he has a 5 gallon bucket of a soy based stripper i can use from the local concrete company I.M.I......never done anything like this and if its too big of a pita ill pass but if its not im down....also so i dont low ball it whats a fair price.....they have water but the excess has to be pushed out. PM me if you like thanks guys and gals

jason
    Jason Quick
    Quick's Power Washing
    Bloomington,Indiana
    www.quickspowerwashing.co

Super Helper Member

Re: Stripping old sealer off of basement concrete slab

[quote author=Quick Power Wash link=topic=12586.msg166404#msg166404 date=1312830186]
    I have a bid to make on stripping sealer off a 24 x 40 piece of concrete....the guy says the sealer is prob 15-20 years ols and is in good shape. He says he has a 5 gallon bucket of a soy based stripper i can use from the local concrete company I.M.I......never done anything like this and if its too big of a pita ill pass but if its not im down....also so i dont low ball it whats a fair price.....they have water but the excess has to be pushed out. PM me if you like thanks guys and gals

jason
    [/quote]

I talk to the company that I'm doing this for they r supplying all the soy based stripper...i told him i wont grind any of it all and will get as much off as will come off chemically....I will let you know how it goes since no one apparently knows how to do them.

jason
    Jason Quick
    Quick's Power Washing
    Bloomington,Indiana

I guess it depends on what kind of sealer it is. I was wondering how far a 5 gal pail of soy would go. Now it sounds like you can get how ever much you need. That stuff is expensive! Post some pics. Great learning experience. Good luck!
    Shaun Gross
    Hydro Pro Pressure Washing
    Nashville, Tennessee

Nashville, Tennessee[/url]

Super Helper Member

[quote author=shaung97 link=topic=12586.msg166482#msg166482 date=1312938791]
    I guess it depends on what kind of sealer it is. I was wondering how far a 5 gal pail of soy would go. Now it sounds like you can get how ever much you need. That stuff is expensive! Post some pics. Great learning experience. Good luck!
    [/quote]

Thanks Shaun! I deff will bro! Hows things going? R u slammed? Ive turned into the apartment king this season luvem!
    Jason Quick
    Quick's Power Washing
    Bloomington,Indiana

The stripper wouldn't be my concern it would be the surrounding walls and runoff. You have to be able to leave that job with no pooled water if it is indeed a basement. You may need to factor floor resto equipment like extractors and drying fans.

Super Helper Member

[quote author=pressurepros link=topic=12586.msg166487#msg166487 date=1312981746]
    The stripper wouldn't be my concern it would be the surrounding walls and runoff. You have to be able to leave that job with no pooled water if it is indeed a basement. You may need to factor floor resto equipment like extractors and drying fans.
    [/quote]

Thanks Ken! I did the job yestreday and it turned out great..we taped and plasticed off the wall up to about 6 ft let the stripper set for 6 hrs hit it with a surface cleaner,used 2 squeeges to push the water out....and a fan to help dry the floor The Soy Stripper worked GREAT! The trick is to NOT let the stripper dry. All in all a easy job a HUGH thanks to Southern Stain and Seal in Kentucky and Micheal Oconnel from Veteren Powerwash for your input on this project.
    Jason
    Jason Quick
    Quick's Power Washing
    Bloomington,Indiana