Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many of you guys only fleetwash?

Re: How many of you guys only fleetwash?

I am a class A,Hazmat,Tank driver 4 days a week I have done this for 21 yrs. Company's wants Cheap and the driver wants Detailing.
    Make sure you contact the owner operators in that area and try to get permission to wash them on your other trucking company's lot.
    Owner operators will pony up for a good job.
    Ian V.
    Big Splash Pressure Washing
    Smithfield Va.
    757-357-4744/757-268-6379

Super Helper Member TreyWinslow's Avatar

[quote author=Heritage link=topic=13028.msg171713#msg171713 date=1326418856]
    Trey is already multi-quoting. Cool. :thumbsup:
    [/quote]

<--- Seasoned forum junkie here

and I actually own this forum www.northernvagmtrucks.com

[quote author=kiloman7 link=topic=13028.msg171714#msg171714 date=1326419291]
    Those chemicals you mentioned will not produce the results you need when it comes to fleet washing.Brad Jarmin at 1-605-360-6686 can help you out.He helped me on my formula and i would put it against any truck soap out there.He has a great one step that works great on polished aluminum.If you need anything dont hesitate come on down your not that far away and you can hang out for a weekend and see if washing trucks is for you.
    [/quote]

The stuff isn't bad for what I have used before, I will have to call him...does he have a online store/website?

and i'm all for that, maybe over the summer we can do a meet or something...there's quite a few of you NC guys.

[quote author=bigsplash link=topic=13028.msg171723#msg171723 date=1326428777]
    I am a class A,Hazmat,Tank driver 4 days a week I have done this for 21 yrs. Company's wants Cheap and the driver wants Detailing.
    Make sure you contact the owner operators in that area and try to get permission to wash them on your other trucking company's lot.
    Owner operators will pony up for a good job.
    [/quote]

Couldn't be more truthful, most O/O's trucks are ALWAYS clean it's crazy, I know a few of them myself.

Another question for you guys...on what basis do you wash a companies rig? once a week, bi-monthly, once a month?

1 company contacted me today wanted them cleaned once a month...I'm gonna try for at least bi-monthly for them.
    Trey Winslow
    Patriot Pro Clean Inc
    Manassas, VA
    571-393-8046
    Pressure Washing services in Northern Virginia

When I was washing my company's trucks it was twice a month.
    I know a guy that has 23 trucks once a month and calls his washer if they get bad in between.
    They are all different. It is a weird market and you can make good money but you need a thick skin and a strong work ethic.
    Ian V.
    Big Splash Pressure Washing
    Smithfield Va.
    757-357-4744/757-268-6379

Well it's been a couple weeks and just got my third company i'm washing for...getting better each week...I just ordered some soap and brightener from Omega Chemical..hopefully it's some good stuff.
    Trey Winslow
    Patriot Pro Clean Inc
    Manassas, VA
    571-393-8046

Prestige Member

Trey wished you would have called i could have saved you a ton on chemicals and we could have met half way and saved you a bunch on shipping cost as well let us know how good this stuff you get from Jerry is.
    Hal Brown
    Sophia Nc 27350
    www.AbvPressureWashing.com

Washed 1 really dirty truck today out of one of the company's fleet...it hadn't been washed in a few months and the dump body was trashed, lots of mud caked on the flaps, sprayed the magnum K at 20:1 on the whole truck and it did the best on the cab, did a great job of breaking down the mud. Didn't do much for the aluminum with the stains, I used some hotsy brightener that I had in the truck mixed that a little strong and came out pretty good. Next time i'm going to use the Omega Ab-55 and Safe-t-bright and see what I get.

Hal, spring time I want to call your guy and see what we can work up so I can try a couple different chemicals

BTW I used no brushes in the cleaning of this truck. I will come armed with pics next time lol
    Trey Winslow
    Patriot Pro Clean Inc
    Manassas, VA
    571-393-8046

Prestige Member

Not to bust your bubble but next time wash the mud off before you wash the truck.When you come to a muddy truck first thing is to go around the truck and wet the whole truck down.Then wash all the mud off before you apply the chemical water pressure is enough to get the mud off soap really doesnt break down the soap as you said.Then once you have a mud free truck rock and roll with the chemicals.Feel free to call anytime if you need help.
    Hal Brown
    Sophia Nc 27350
    www.AbvPressureWashing.com

I hit all the bad places with the chem fist then did the rest to finish it off. That magnum K really did eat that mud up. It made it quicker getting the mud off.
    Trey Winslow
    Patriot Pro Clean Inc
    Manassas, VA
    571-393-8046

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12