Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chemical mix ups

Squirt

Chemical mix ups

i would like to start the thread of best chemical mix ups, and will post my results for what i find out..

for siding/house wash
    5 gallon bucket wash
    3.5 12.5 SH
    16 oz of simple cherry
    1.5 gallon of water

i havent tryed this below but id fingure id let it eat, and ask opinions..
    Roof Wash
    4 Gallons of 12.5
    1 gallon of water
    and SURFACTANT DAWN/ simple cherry???

i keep trying to find awnsers...
    what does tsp stand for?

what do you guys this of my mixes, im in sourthern maryland and using a 4gpm washer, about to buy a electric chemical sprayer though
    Brett White
    Power Washing & Services
    BRW LLC

Prestige Member

Re: Chemical mix ups

To me, they are way strong. I mix my housewash 2.5 gal of 12.5%, 3.5 gal H2O, 8 oz of simple cherry.
    Your going to need a bigger container if you use my mix. LOL I have a 15 gal tote.

Your roof mix could be 50/50 or less, even 60/40.

Super Helper Member TreyWinslow's Avatar

I downstream straight 12.5 with 8oz of SC..get stuff clean quick...I have had no problems with killing anything, burned a little grass here and there, that's it.

Trey Winslow
    Patriot Pro Clean Inc
    Manassas, VA
    571-393-8046
    Pressure Washing services in Northern Virginia

Prestige Member

Trey be very carful with that approach.First you are wasting sh and second of all there are some painted metal surfaces on the soffit and fasica that will not take that strong of mix and it will peel and take the paint off.Like the other post said 2 to 2.5 at the most to a 5er if its strong.Putting 12%on Warm day can fade some siding if you are not careful.
    Hal Brown
    Sophia Nc 27350
    www.AbvPressureWashing.com

[quote author=TreyWinslow link=topic=13330.msg175239#msg175239 date=1334629120]
    I downstream straight 12.5 with 8oz of SC..get stuff clean quick...I have had no problems with killing anything, burned a little grass here and there, that's it.
    [/quote]

You are wasting the sh. Our mix is usually 2 gals sh 2.5 gals water and 16 ozs by volume sc. Then we adjust based on the amount of mold on the siding. Water is much cheaper than sh. And 8 ozs of sc is not enough.
    Clark Hussey
    AP Surface Solutions LLC
    518-396-0972
    Non-pressure Roof Cleaning Albany NY
    Non-pressure House Washing Albany NY

There is a lot of great info on the site if you want to read about people's recommendations and experiences, it might save you a lot of time, money and experimenting.

What works for some might not work for you as people live in different climates and environments than you do so you will need to try a few things to see what works for you in your situation.

Anyone can recommend something that works for them but might not work for you and there you are, still trying to see what works in your neck of the woods.

House washing formulas are not set in stone as there are a lot of variables to consider.

I use straight Sh and soap also.My rig is setup to do it.

The thing I'm suprised to see is no one asked how are you applying the mix.What you put in the container is not what comes out of the hose.I can spray 12% all day with no problems.I blow a hose and have to take it out of line and I would be killing plants then.

Friction loss,swivels,hose reels, all plays into what you spray.

You take the weakest mix posted and throw it on a house right out of the bucket and there will be dead grass and plants under it.
    J.C. Galmiche
    Cajun Cleanin' Powerwashing
    Daphne, Al.
    251-510-9508
    cajuncleanin@mchsi.com
    www.cajuncleanin.com
    Pressure washing Daphne,Fairhope,Alabama.

Prestige Member

Re: Re: Chemical mix ups

[quote author=apsurfacesolutions link=topic=13330.msg175252#msg175252 date=1334663382]
    [quote author=TreyWinslow link=topic=13330.msg175239#msg175239 date=1334629120]
    [/quote]

You are wasting the sh. Our mix is usually 2 gals sh 2.5 gals water and 16 ozs by volume sc. Then we adjust based on the amount of mold on the siding. Water is much cheaper than sh. And 8 ozs of sc is not enough.
    [/quote]

Assuming equivalent downstreamers, you are using less SC than he is.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -
    Samuel Adams

Squirt

[quote author=cajun cleanin link=topic=13330.msg175265#msg175265 date=1334700055]
    I use straight Sh and soap also.My rig is setup to do it.

The thing I'm suprised to see is no one asked how are you applying the mix.What you put in the container is not what comes out of the hose.I can spray 12% all day with no problems.I blow a hose and have to take it out of line and I would be killing plants then.

Friction loss,swivels,hose reels, all plays into what you spray.

You take the weakest mix posted and throw it on a house right out of the bucket and there will be dead grass and plants under it.
    [/quote]

i am useing a sprayer nozzle, 4gpm washer, so the mix is getting diluted pretty well. i will lighten my mix up and keep your guys knowledge and experience in my mind tommorow, You guys are Great!
    Thanks
    Brett White
    Power Washing & Services
    BRW LLC

tsp= trisodium phosphate
    Tim
    PRO Wash
    Princeton, WV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast