Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't be stupid

Don't be stupid

I guess it had to happen sooner or later. Fell 14' from a ladder and landed, face first in an asphalt driveway. So to put into perspective, Climb out your second story window, put your forearms over your face and fall forward. Yeah.. ouch.

I think I used up life #7 on that one.. maybe its eight. Roof cleaning project going well. 28' ladder with horns and leveler.. no problem. All done the roof, ladders is back on truck and damn.. one spot on that roof I can't hit from the ground.

"Just grab me the 16' aluminum extension (yeah the one that is 8 years old with no safety equipment) and pop it onto that wet, newly seal-coated driveway. I'll just hit it real quick." Got to the top of the ladder, pulled the hose and gun to get it into position and the ladder slid straight from under me. Gun shattered into a dozen pieces and my chest, forearms and shins met metal rungs and asphalt. It was really stupid on my part.

Re: Don't be stupid

Sorry to hear that Ken, at least you are well enough to "talk' about it.Go ahead and take the rest of the day off.

Everyone be safe.
    Doug Tripp
    Valley Mobile Cleaning, Inc.
    Warwick NY

845 544 3645

I had a near miss like that one time and it has kinda ruined me. I like being on the ground.

Good thing your in top physical condition.It would have killed a lesser man .I hope your alright.

Damn that's gonna hurt in a couple days.Man's gotta know when it's time to replace his equipment.I hope you recycled that ladder.
    J.C. Galmiche
    Cajun Cleanin' Powerwashing
    Daphne, Al.
    251-510-9508
    cajuncleanin@mchsi.com
    www.cajuncleanin.com
    Pressure washing Daphne,Fairhope,Alabama.

Glad to see you're good enough to come tell us about it Ken. Hope you're feeling alright and don't find any bad news over the next few weeks from a random ache or pain. I've always been worried about that happening but I haven't had to face it yet.
    Stephen Groesser
    G&S Roof Cleaning,
    Swartz Creek, MI
    www.GSRoofCleaning.com

Super Helper Member TreyWinslow's Avatar

Ouch! sorry to hear about that

Definitely take off and rest! Hopefully you didn't damage anything too badly.
    Trey Winslow
    Patriot Pro Clean Inc
    Manassas, VA
    571-393-8046
    Pressure Washing services in Northern Virginia

Prestige Member

Damn, Ken. I feel for ya Bro. Glad it wasn't any worse.

Prestige Member

you lost so much weight a butterfly knocked you off the ladder and you floated to the ground :lol:

glad your ok and thanks for the reminder

That's a long fall when you are short :P Glad you are OK
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

Squirt

Hi, Sorry to hear that, Glad your ok... that happened to me last year. My ladder just slid out from under me, I was up on the 1st roof and had my ladder was leaning on A frame to get to peak. Scarry Stuff... Lucky for me it was a A Frame and I Slid down the roof.. If you lived closer I know a good massage therapist LOL.. I've been doing it since I was 20.... You should get one done in your neck of the woods before you get tight.. B safe
    JB Hurricane Power/Soft Washing
    Julie Belcher
    814-207-8333
    1971julie96@gmail.com
    Hermitage/Meadville PA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast