Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Estimate Proposal

New Estimate Proposal

I have been working on putting together a estimate proposal. I would welcome your thoughts on it. This is for residential. I am not quite done yet, that is the reason there is a blank page for the notice of cancellation. Those that may not know it, but any sales taken place at a resident requires a 3 day right of rescission under federal law. Without that notice the contract is not enforceable under law.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jon Samson
    ICK Cleaners LLC
    jonalabama@charter.net
    Alabaster Alabama
    205-924-3838
    www.ickcleaners.com

Re: New Estimate Proposal

It scares me. And I don't frighten easily.

It talks more about what is negative than what is to be done. One out of every three hundred customers will make you wish that you had a contract like that in place, but then you realize that the contract doesn't matter anyway, you just want to get the heck away from them.

If you feel the need to suggest to them all of the things that you are going to screw up and not be responsible for, at least pay a copy writer a few dollars to make it sound good.

Hagerstown Pressure Washing contractors
    Full Color Contractor Yard Signs

Tim Fields
    Complete Power Wash
    sign2day.com
    Hagerstown, MD

I would eliminate every place you have initial here. 90 % of the residential jobs we do are on a verbal agreement. As Tim said if something happens the contract is not going to worth the paper it's written on.

I did a job last week and when I finished the home owner told me he had someone else look at the the job and they gave him a 3 page contract with all these things checked off. He decided immediately to call someone else to do the job.
    Clark Hussey
    AP Surface Solutions LLC
    518-396-0972
    Non-pressure Roof Cleaning Albany NY
    Non-pressure House Washing Albany NY

Thanks a bunch for the feedback.
    Jon Samson
    ICK Cleaners LLC
    jonalabama@charter.net
    Alabaster Alabama
    205-924-3838
    www.ickcleaners.com

Prestige Member

It might be best to have that listed on the back, and instead of having them initial every spot have the homeowner sign your copy of the proposal stating that they have received a copy of the proposal along with the disclaimers. Later, if they accept your proposal, they are essentially accepting the proposed price, services, and waiver.

[quote author=moody1 link=topic=13903.msg183185#msg183185 date=1347894770]
    It might be best to have that listed on the back, and instead of having them initial every spot have the homeowner sign your copy of the proposal stating that they have received a copy of the proposal along with the disclaimers. Later, if they accept your proposal, they are essentially accepting the proposed price, services, and waiver.
    [/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

My estimate sheet is for my memory(it helps with the upsells because you will forget) and it helps the customer upsell themselves with the old "I didn't know you did that"or "I didn't even think you could clean that'"

I wouln't sign that one it scared me just reading it.This is a service in my mind that needs a friendly type sell not a Hard warning type thing.

Add all the service you perform to it,put a space for a price total them up at the bottom and have them sign it,If you feel you need all that verbage condense it to a we aren't responsible section on tha back like they said and go with it.

When you bid bigger jobs like apartments,condos and such then you would have a contract such as the one you have.
    J.C. Galmiche
    Cajun Cleanin' Powerwashing
    Daphne, Al.
    251-510-9508
    cajuncleanin@mchsi.com
    www.cajuncleanin.com
    Pressure washing Daphne,Fairhope,Alabama.

I guess that is what happens after 13 years of working for a corporation, dealing with $10k plus contracts and then dealing with customer ill expectations, attorney's and the grief when I don't cover my butt. I appreciate the advice, attached a revised one. There are 2 pages. I took out the captions with initials, changed the wording and put them in different places on the back.

Let me know if this is better and doable, or other changes.
    Thanks a bunch.
    Jon
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jon Samson
    ICK Cleaners LLC
    jonalabama@charter.net
    Alabaster Alabama
    205-924-3838
    www.ickcleaners.com

Thanks for sharing Jon, I didn't know about the 3 day right of rescission. I'm working on an all in one quote/contract/flier. Not sure it will help you but I got a lot of the ideas from others posting here so I thought I'd do the same. One of my customers works for the county, assisting small businesses. He suggested I have every customer sign a contract, and asked for a menu of services with general pricing. I'm not sure about listing prices, but here is what I have so far, the list of services is on the back of the customer's copy. The list of services is in my words but the liability mumbo-jumbo, is high jacked and condensed from posts on this forum (I think Ken). If that's not kosher and anyone recognizes something they wrote, just let me know and I can rewrite it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Neighborly Services
    www.neighborlysoftwash.com
    (843)642-1257

Thanks for the post. A lot of people don't know about the right of rescission. It is a federal law that went into affect in the late 90's. Any time a service or product (there are a few exceptions) is sold in the home the consumer has a cooling off period of 3 days to which the an cancel without obligations and get their form of payment back. Some exclusions would be the signing of a waiver to cancel only for an essential reason like a health risk. Other things that are highly regulated like securities and banking, life insurance etc don't have to have the notice of cancellation. This was to reduce the the number of people that felt pressured to buy by door to door salesman.

If we don't have one than any contract verbal or written is null and void and the homeowner can stiff the contractor for payment or keep whatever was sold to them. Furthermore the customer could actually sue us for trespassing and cleaning their house without a contract, and if we open a gate than that is breaking and entering along with trespassing, then if anything is damage according to the customer than we have vandalism, and possible theft. I have had them claim this on me before several times they are out there and crazy looking for easy money.

Not to get off topic for my post, but the revisions guys does the most recent draft look better?
    Thanks
    Jon
    Jon Samson
    ICK Cleaners LLC
    jonalabama@charter.net
    Alabaster Alabama
    205-924-3838
    www.ickcleaners.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast