Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Estimate Proposal

Re: New Estimate Proposal

@Jon,

Lawyers should not wash houses (although sometimes or hourly rate exceeds theirs), and people who spray water to feed their family should not attempt to practice law.

If you are doing business with people that you feel may bring legal action against you for walking in their yard, you need new clients.

We offer a luxury service for people that can afford to pay to do what many homeowners do themselves. In the time you invest in chasing paperwork in a week, you could have washed another house or two.

Every once in a great while, an ugly person will sneak into your life, address that and move on. It is more effective to pursue beautiful people than it is to try to always avoid the uglies.

Sort of like riding a motorcycle in a bad situation, look at where you want to go, do not focus on what you want to avoid.

Hagerstown Pressure Washing contractors
    Full Color Contractor Yard Signs

Tim Fields
    Complete Power Wash
    sign2day.com
    Hagerstown, MD

I rarely work without a signed agreement, I used to when I first started because I had faith in man to keep his word.

agreements protect both parties, this way if the scope is written no one can get taken advantage of. Payment terms are outlined for sure, the most important part.

I have a few verbal agreements I'll admit, old ones that we have worked with for 20+ years. No new stuff will ever come on my schedule if the people do not want to sign on the line.
    Ron Musgraves
    www.propowerwash.com

Super Helper Member

[quote author=apsurfacesolutions link=topic=1390]90 % of the residential jobs we do are on a verbal agreement. [/quote]

We don't work on verbal anything. All is in writing with contract and payment terms, signed and dated. Nice to have a leg to stand on when a "misunderstanding" occurs or someone decides your bill isn't as important as their KFC.

[quote author=TimberSeal link=topic=13903.msg186867#msg186867 date=1356028360]
    [quote author=apsurfacesolutions link=topic=1390]90 % of the residential jobs we do are on a verbal agreement. [/quote]

We don't work on verbal anything. All is in writing with contract and payment terms, signed and dated. Nice to have a leg to stand on when a "misunderstanding" occurs or someone decides your bill isn't as important as their KFC.
    [/quote]

I think that contracts for any amount help to portray your company in a professional manner and set the proper expectations for everyone involved. I have had quite a few clients confirm that to me over the years.
    Sometimes it is what sets my company from the others. It is also one more thing they might find when they go looking for my number next year.

Re: Re: New Estimate Proposal

[quote author=traer77 link=topic=13903.msg1#msg1 date=1356029641]

I think that contracts for any amount help to portray your company in a professional manner and set the proper expectations for everyone involved. I have had quite a few clients confirm that to me over the years.
    Sometimes it is what sets my company from the others. It is also one more thing they might find when they go looking for my number next year.
    [/quote]

+1.... Many clients have confirmed to me also how 'impressed' they were by my paperwork and how it showed our proposal to he a cut above the rest. Name, Web address, phone number... on EVERYTHING and you can't go wrong haha
    Cameron Queen
    Proudly Washing the HRM & Southern NS
    cameronqueen.com | facebook.com/cqpcs
    We blog about Soft Washing & Pressure Washing in Nova Scotia
    (902) 240-2694

[quote author=traer77 link=topic=13903.msg186868#msg186868 date=1356029641]
    [quote author=TimberSeal link=topic=13903.msg186867#msg186867 date=1356028360]

[/quote]

[/quote] +10
    Ron Musgraves
    www.propowerwash.com

Thank yall so much for all the info. Very helpful
    Last edited by Bill Weaver; 06-23-2015 at 05:04 AM.
    Bill
    Weaver Pro Wash
    640 Hagood St.
    Birmingham, AL 35213
    205-337-3427

www.birminghampropressurewash.com

This is nicely organized. Do you use this when you go out to the location and give quotes?
    Pressure Washing Pros
    Visit Us Here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12