Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: $300k a year per 2 man crew

$300k a year per 2 man crew

Is anyone doing this? I am thinking about getting into the business. I do not want to pressure wash I want to run the business. I figure if I can get a crew doing $1400 a day 5 days a week at 45 weeks a year then it can be done. Is anyone doing this?

Super Helper Member TreyWinslow's Avatar

Re: $300k a year per 2 man crew

[quote author=Wrecka link=topic=14099.msg185783#msg185783 date=1353704712]
    Is anyone doing this? I am thinking about getting into the business. I do not want to pressure wash I want to run the business. I figure if I can get a crew doing $1400 a day 5 days a week at 45 weeks a year then it can be done. Is anyone doing this?
    [/quote]

There was a discussion on this like a week ago...

You won't get anywhere close to that just coming out the gate...you'd be lucky if you could get that with a 3-5yr business IMO.
    Trey Winslow
    Patriot Pro Clean Inc
    Manassas, VA
    571-393-8046
    Pressure Washing services in Northern Virginia

Haha yea I think it's possible but you are crazy to think you will do it out of the gate with no experience and no history in the industry
    Charlie Soden
    Apex DeckSavers
    919-302-1523
    NC Deck Restoration, Deck Cleaning and Staining

$300k a year per 2 man crew

Yea that is a lot ......,IMO I would think you would want to be working the jobs for a while to make sure the quality of work is there. It would be hard to hire a couple of guys that would care as much about your businesses as you do!

First year you will gross (personally before taxes) about $20K-$25K if you do everything perfect.

Edit:Unless you have a huge existing customer database already then you can hit the ground running. Nowhere near $300K but you can maybe do enough to make an extra $45K on top of an already large lawn business for example.

Not trying to come out the gate making that much. Just wanted to know that it is possible. Of course I would start off doing it but the get other guys going right away too.

Seems like more money per crew compared to lawn care but its not recurring work every week like grass cutting.

Prestige Member

what state are you working in? Do you have a name?

My buddy who is also my competition also has a landscaping company. He is yet to ditch the landscaping in order to focus on pressure washing full time. In my area, I'd put more stock in landscaping companies than pressure washing companies. It's not uncommon to find 500k gross per year landscaping - virtually impossible in pressure washing.
    Daniel Tambasco
    (978)749-9808
    'Oh, they're not scared of you. They're scared of what you represent to 'em.' -George Hanson, Easy Rider

[quote author=plainpainter link=topic=14099.msg185809#msg185809 date=1353766297]
    My buddy who is also my competition also has a landscaping company. He is yet to ditch the landscaping in order to focus on pressure washing full time. In my area, I'd put more stock in landscaping companies than pressure washing companies. It's not uncommon to find 500k gross per year landscaping - virtually impossible in pressure washing.
    [/quote]

Depends on your area and how established you are. In my area, you can do $1M+ a year in gross with some multi unit thrown in. That's not an easy goal and most guys will never make it that far but definitely achievable. (I'm nowhere near that but could hit it with an area expansion)

[quote author=pressurepros link=topic=14099.msg185810#msg185810 date=1353766529]
    [quote author=plainpainter link=topic=14099.msg185809#msg185809 date=1353766297]
    [/quote]

Depends on your area and how established you are. In my area, you can do $1M+ a year in gross with some multi unit thrown in. That's not an easy goal and most guys will never make it that far but definitely achievable. (I'm nowhere near that but could hit it with an area expansion)
    [/quote]

I think my area will be like that in 10 years, I've been noticing more and more mult-units going up in the past few years. Residential is definitely not the money maker.
    Daniel Tambasco
    (978)749-9808
    'Oh, they're not scared of you. They're scared of what you represent to 'em.' -George Hanson, Easy Rider

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast