Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting out of Roof Cleaning

Getting out of Roof Cleaning

How can I go about selling my roof cleaning business? I'm in a big midwest city and I am one of the only roof cleaners in town. Been at it for 8 years as a part-time gig and am moving on to other work.
    Where can I list it for sale and/or who do I approach? Craigslists "business" section is full of furniture for sale so that's out.
    I've got a good 16' box truck with a great wrap along with a good stong website that has a decent organic Google ranking.
    I do not just want to "walk away" from the business because I've built it up for so long and it's worth something, but I do not want to do any jobs this spring and I'm already getting calls because of the weather.
    Evan Wood
    www.roofcleanersplus.com

Cincinnati Roof Cleaning

Re: Getting out of Roof Cleaning

Evan, try calling a listing broker. They may have a wider potential base of local people interested in a hands-on business. They also may be able to help you come up with a realistic price. I would also call local companies (include landscapers and painters). Be prepared for a buyer to insist as part of the deal that you stay on-board for a period of time as a consultant.

Evan why don't you just let your helper doug run the biz? I just cleaned two apartment communities up by your work. (UC)
    By the way....
    Where can I get SH in Cincy

Lou, Doug is long gone. My son has been running the crew and he leaves for Paris Island in Feb for his 4 year stint in the CORPS. The other helper does not have a car or license. There's another roof cleaner in town, but he only wants my records, website and future referals and wants to low-ball me. I have a lot of recoats that will need to be done too. I don't want a forture for the biz, but do not want to just walk away either. I need to sell the biz with the truck and web and all the old records and move on. I've got 4 jobs/businesses as it is and I want to cut it down by 1 this spring. Wife's not happy I'm gone all the time and it sucks getting old.
    Evan Wood
    www.roofcleanersplus.com

Cincinnati Roof Cleaning

PM me with your asking price and relevant info.
    Queen City ProLLC
    Cincinnati, OH
    https://www.queencitypro.com

Subcontract the work to the other guy until you sell it. Keep 10-20% for yourself. He'll do a 500.00 roof for 400.00 if you can add a few jobs a week to his plate. I do a lot of work for a local landscaper that is older now and doesn't want to pressure wash anymore. He pretty much keeps 50.00 for every job that I do for him, but he gives me 5-10 extra jobs a month so I'm not complaining. He and I do have a clear understanding that those are HIS customers. We settled that with a handshake, but you may need those terms in writing to protect yourself.
    Lee Rivenbark

Pro Pressure Washing
    www.ProPressureWashing.com
    888-998-PROS
    "Restore the appearance of your property!"

Serving the Greater Wilmington & Jacksonville, NC areas.

Getting out of Roof Cleaning

How did you come out?
    Complete ProWash
    Liberty IN.
    Mike..765-580-8504
    www.completeprowash.com

Evan Wood , why are you thinking to be sale of your roof cleaning business ,while i think that this is a good decision to be have a lot of branches of your business , because a good and a healthy business always needs a lot branches that may cause to expand your professionalism to you and in your business as well .

Did Ron M proof read this?
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

Lmao......
    Doug Tripp
    Valley Mobile Cleaning, Inc.
    Warwick NY

845 544 3645

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast