Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Alternative to useing bleach on roof

Re: Alternative to useing bleach on roof

[quote author=TreyWinslow link=topic=14239.msg187952#msg187952 date=1358950614]
    Chris when a customer tells me to pressure wash their roof I say no. I try to educate, but if they still insist, I don't take the liability and the risk of hurting my help, me or their roof.

Not sure about across the pond but over here in the states anyone will sue, for anything. It's not worth it.

Customer is not always right.
    [/quote]

+1 I couldn't have said it better myself. Never let a customer tell you how to do your job.
    Daniel Dinkins
    HydroPlus Power Washing LLC
    Greenville, NC
    www.hydroprowash.com

[quote author=TreyWinslow link=topic=14239.msg187952#msg187952 date=1358950614]
    Chris when a customer tells me to pressure wash their roof I say no. I try to educate, but if they still insist, I don't take the liability and the risk of hurting my help, me or their roof.

Not sure about across the pond but over here in the states anyone will sue, for anything. It's not worth it.

Customer is not always right.
    [/quote]

For me, it's not about the liability. It's about the stupidity.

The less time you spend in the presence of dumbness, the better off you are.
    Hagerstown Pressure Washing contractors
    Full Color Contractor Yard Signs

Tim Fields
    Complete Power Wash
    sign2day.com
    Hagerstown, MD

Not to put words in Chris's mouth.... but I think he was speaking on British customer attitude in general - not just difficult clients that he can afford to skip over. It is fine to turn down work for safety, liability, moral, personal reasons or whatever (everyone does that sometimes) but at the same time a guy has to make a living and the more difficult and demanding your typical customers are...

Not trying to get off topic, just my 2c. Sorry if I'm getting you wrong Chris.

Edit: also (in my experience) a British customer is going to be much less open to 'education' being given to them by someone blue collar than an American or Canadian would be.
    Cameron Queen
    Proudly Washing the HRM & Southern NS
    cameronqueen.com | facebook.com/cqpcs
    We blog about Soft Washing & Pressure Washing in Nova Scotia
    (902) 240-2694

Well then thats not saying much for the british then. Sounds like those people need to get their heads out of there behinds.
    Diamond Roof Cleaning and Powerwashing
    320 E Collings Dr
    Williamstown NJ 08094
    Owner-Michael DeRose Sr.
    www.diamondroofcleaning.com

Re: Re: Alternative to useing bleach on roof

[quote author=Diamond Roof Cleaning LLC link=topic=14239.msg1#msg1 date=1358955443]
    Well then thats not saying much for the british then. Sounds like those people need to get their heads out of there behinds.
    [/quote]

I wouldn't disagree with that on many subjects!
    Cameron Queen
    Proudly Washing the HRM & Southern NS
    cameronqueen.com | facebook.com/cqpcs
    We blog about Soft Washing & Pressure Washing in Nova Scotia
    (902) 240-2694

I use Sodiom hyphochlorite to clean roofs because it's more cost efficient and less time consuming to use your product.It is safe in MY hands and as of today I have only had to replace 2 bushes while applying it to clean roofs.

It reacts and will clean a roof in minutes not MONTHS.

It is readily available for a fraction of the cost of your product.I pay $1.47 per gallon USD.

It is, get this one" BIODEGRADABLE" (yeah I said it).It will flash off the chlorine and leave salts if it is left(I rinse my roofs).

There are a lot of reasons the I use SH but the biggest reason is it works.No pressure,no surface cleaner,no waiting for months it just works.

Now I will say this we wash in different parts of the world,there aren't many 100 yr old roofs around me.There are cetainly not any in a huge city such as London which may have roofs that are hundreds of years old and have been through untold decades of industrial smog and no telling what else the older cities over there have been through.
    J.C. Galmiche
    Cajun Cleanin' Powerwashing
    Daphne, Al.
    251-510-9508
    cajuncleanin@mchsi.com
    www.cajuncleanin.com
    Pressure washing Daphne,Fairhope,Alabama.

[quote author=Diamond Roof Cleaning LLC link=topic=14239.msg187959#msg187959 date=1358955443]
    [/quote]

There is a reason we separated from them in the 18th century.
    Daniel Dinkins
    HydroPlus Power Washing LLC
    Greenville, NC
    www.hydroprowash.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456