Thread: Failing Stamped Concrete Advice

Failing Stamped Concrete Advice

I have a house wash customer that would like their stamped concrete patio/walkway washed and sealed. The customer has been in the house for 1-year, and they think the patio was installed at least 6-years ago. As you can see from the pictures, the finish is chipping/cracking off at numerous spots on the patio and walkway.

What do you think is causing this? Is there a remedy? The customer wants to know if I can put a tinted sealer on it, but I don't want to do something that will not last or cost them more money in the long run.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Helper Member BDA4Life_4EvEr's Avatar

Re: Failing Stamped Concrete Advice

I bet it's from moisture but David or Craig would know.

Shane Brasseaux

No plastic under the concrete whwn it was poured?I would go at it with the SC but I would let them finish it because it is highly likely to keep doing that.
    J.C. Galmiche
    Cajun Cleanin' Powerwashing
    Daphne, Al.
    251-510-9508
    cajuncleanin@mchsi.com
    www.cajuncleanin.com
    Pressure washing Daphne,Fairhope,Alabama.

The concrete looks like it was colored with a tinted sealer originally. Is the concrete actually chipping or is the sealer coming off? Stamped concrete that was colored with a broadcast hardner the color will usually be deeper than what the picture are showing. I've done these jobs before and they can be very time consuming.
    Clark Hussey
    AP Surface Solutions LLC
    518-396-0972
    Non-pressure Roof Cleaning Albany NY
    Non-pressure House Washing Albany NY

Failing Stamped Concrete Advice

Give David Phillips a call with southern stain and seal. Email him the pics he'll tell you what you can do
    Alex C.
    ARC Powerwashing, LLC
    919-827-4376

ARC Powerwashing has been providing Pressure Washing to Raleigh since 2005.

[quote author=apsurfacesolutions link=topic=14411.msg190031#msg190031 date=1363348422]
    The concrete looks like it was colored with a tinted sealer originally. Is the concrete actually chipping or is the sealer coming off? Stamped concrete that was colored with a broadcast hardner the color will usually be deeper than what the picture are showing. I've done these jobs before and they can be very time consuming.
    [/quote]

The sealer is coming off.

I also received some good information from Craig at F9 and David from Southern Seal and Stain. I will probably walk away from this one. Thank you everyone.