Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: prices

prices

Man its sad to see some companies dropping prices when they don't need to. We all try to figure what to charge for the area, what the competition is charging and at times to be competitive for the market you are in. The economy really messed with rates some properties i do for more money and yes some I do for less. But we all know nothing we buy is getting cheaper. I am seeing it in parking garage cleaning the past couple years. We usually do 6-12 garages a year, 100,000 sq ft or more each . This year we have done 5, would of been 6 but one canceled because of construction and will do it much later in the year.

I am now seeing rates at $.03-.04 a sq ft. I just ask why, we for years have gotten double that on most all our garages. There are stricter water rules being enforced and like I said everything cost more, fuel, gas and supplies.

I have had 5 garages ask me to drop my rates to meet other bids. On one I did, it was just a couple hundred dollars. The others I said i couldnt, I actually raised rates up a 1/2 a cent on a few that were on my bottom end of rates. I explained extra cost of drain insert, oil booms and our process. I got a few of the projects but I lost a few too
    One I lost was done for almost half the price Why would I want to do that. Heck I can do one garage for the price they would have to do 2 garages.

I have no problem not doing garages, its nice winter work, but I am lucky my condo work always grows a little year after year in the winter to cover the lose of some of the garages. Garages are getting to be a pain because of Clean Water Act enforcement and not missing the worry of the city coming down on me

All I am saying to all contractors is its time to think out your pricing, don't work for a pay check, work to grow your business. Guess I'll never be the Garage king, but at some of the rates i am seeing out there, no one else will be the king either.

Everything cost more guys, charge more, charge right. Off to get the crew out to do a rush job. This is a property we are much higher than the next bid, but the regional manager said go with us, because we do many of his properties and knows what we offer.

After getting the crew out, taking family to the awesome Myrtle Beach Hot rod show, St patties day festival and then St patties Dinner at church. Man I am going to eat me some corned Beef today and tonight, its my favorite food

I love PWing but I really love corned Beef

Re: prices

It's frustrating Jeff, I see it a lot here in multi family bids.
    John Doherty
    Garden State Mobile Wash, LLC

New Jersey Power Washing, Roof Cleaning and Exterior Cleaning Services

Prestige Member

I feel ya Jeff. Resi is getting really bad out here. 2 years ago I could name my price in resi and now I get low balled left and right.
    Weve done a few garages out here but not for $.03 & $.04 but thats because nobody wants to mess with them or put up the money to invest in reclaim.
    I have a feeling my area will be the next Fl. within 5 years. Scary.

Had a guy on PWI tell me the other day not to view competition so badly. Hard not to when the more companies that pop up the more worse this problem gets.
    Chad Johnson
    East Tennessee Power Washing
    Knoxville, Tn.
    865-368-0847
    www.easttnpowerwashing.com

[quote author=Johnson link=topic=14416.msg190065#msg190065 date=1363450178]
    I feel ya Jeff. Resi is getting really bad out here. 2 years ago I could name my price in resi and now I get low balled left and right.
    Weve done a few garages out here but not for $.03 & $.04 but thats because nobody wants to mess with them or put up the money to invest in reclaim.
    I have a feeling my area will be the next Fl. within 5 years. Scary.

Had a guy on PWI tell me the other day not to view competition so badly. Hard not to when the more companies that pop up the more worse this problem gets.
    [/quote]

I know I am average,mid to low price (not lowest, I have see rates a lot lower than mine for years) on average if you go back 5 years ago before the recession but rates were going up. Now I see the same companies at one price for several years and each year since they have lowered their rates. Go down a little because of the economy, I understand, but don't keep going down and down each and every year. Its like they are competing against themselves

Just hate seeing so much money being left on the table and disappearing for years to come.

I raised all of my prices this year and haven't looked back. Watching my guys finish a 3200 sq ft box and deck as we speak. $540. Was $603 buy I gave him 10% off for selling our company to 4 neighbors since we pulled up 2 hours ago.
    Brandon Clancy
    Premier Property Services
    Pressure Washing Raleigh NC
    Power Washing Raleigh NC
    919-645-8530

Prestige Member

[quote author=Jeff link=topic=14416.msg190066#msg190066 date=1363456096]]

I know I am average,mid to low price (not lowest, I have see rates a lot lower than mine for years) on average if you go back 5 years ago before the recession but rates were going up. Now I see the same companies at one price for several years and each year since they have lowered their rates. Go down a little because of the economy, I understand, but don't keep going down and down each and every year. Its like they are competing against themselves

Just hate seeing so much money being left on the table and disappearing for years to come.
    [/quote]

I agree Jeff. It's a bad cycle that's hard to recover from.
    BTW, I ordered those gloves you guys use and they work great. Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

[quote author=BrandonNC link=topic=14416.msg190067#msg190067 date=1363456824]
    I raised all of my prices this year and haven't looked back. Watching my guys finish a 3200 sq ft box and deck as we speak. $540. Was $603 buy I gave him 10% off for selling our company to 4 neighbors since we pulled up 2 hours ago.
    [/quote][quote author=BrandonNC link=topic=14416.msg190067#msg190067 date=1363456824]
    [/quote]

That's good Brandon. 4 jobs is nice. I wish people were that receptive here.
    Chad Johnson
    East Tennessee Power Washing
    Knoxville, Tn.
    865-368-0847
    www.easttnpowerwashing.com

Residential - Commercial, I always ask if they're looking for the lowest price or quality service at reasonable prices..........If it's lowest price I usually thank them for calling and hang up.

I'm just not sure how guy's make it at $.03-$.04 a sq. ft. or the prices they're giving for Multi-Family Communities. They can have it, we'll still be around, they won't.
    Pressure Kleen L.L.C.
    Power Washing Service
    Tar-Heel N.C. 28392
    Guy Blackmon 910-876-1594

House Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Pressure Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Power Washing Fayetteville N.C.

[quote author=Guy B link=topic=14416.msg190103#msg190103 date=1363487267]
    Residential - Commercial, I always ask if they're looking for the lowest price or quality service at reasonable prices..........If it's lowest price I usually thank them for calling and hang up.

I'm just not sure how guy's make it at $.03-$.04 a sq. ft. or the prices they're giving for Multi-Family Communities. They can have it, we'll still be around, they won't.
    [/quote]

Unfortunately Guy some of these 3 & 4 cent companies have been around almost or longer than me. Many are the fly by night guys around a year, 2 or 3 and then they're gone but not all of them

Ya when I see rates 40-50% less on multi unit I just wonder why? Most I get back

Super Helper Member TreyWinslow's Avatar

Jeff I just got a coupon in the mail for $65 deck restoration up to 120sqft...cant get any worse than that

It baffles me how these people stay in business
    Trey Winslow
    Patriot Pro Clean Inc
    Manassas, VA
    571-393-8046
    Pressure Washing services in Northern Virginia

Squirt
    I don't know is it that they switch it uo when at the home and hard sell? Not for me!
    Terry Mc Kenna
    A great Pressure Washing Company in Cary NC.
    http://www.apexpressurewashingandgutter.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast