Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help with vacation planning again (South Carolina, Georgia, Florida)

Prestige Member

I need help with vacation planning again (South Carolina, Georgia, Florida)

Hello all!

I hope everyone is doing well. I was planning to take the family to North Myrtle over spring break again, but it looks as though the weather is going to still be cold at the beginning of April. It's not worth going to the beach for us if we have to wear long sleeves. We are thinking about going farther south to chase some warm weather. So, here is the question:

Do you know of any nice beaches and/or reasonable hotels farther south into Georgia or Florida? We are thinking about going as far as St. Augustine, but not any farther. I have no idea what the beaches are like there, but I have always wanted to see the historic sites in St. Augustine. I really have no idea what I am looking for here other than:
    -warmer than Myrtle this year
    -nice beaches (sandy like Myrtle)
    -small hotel on the beach
    -reasonably priced hotel with outdoor pool (priced somewhere in the $100-$150 per night range.

If you have any suggestions, than we are pretty much open to any ideas at this point. We are off for spring break starting next Friday. We normally rent the Blockade Runner in North Myrtle. It is older and not nearly top end, but it is small, clean, affordable, has an outdoor heated pool, and even has a little kitchenette area in many of the rooms. We normally pay about $80 per night, but we realize that there are not many hotels like this around and we will likely have to pay more somewhere else.

Re: I need help with vacation planning again (South Carolina, Georgia, Florida)

Hey Mike,I was thinking of doing the same thing this spring break.Going farther south.We always stay at Long Bay Resort in Myrtle Beach.Its a nice place to stay plus has a lot for my kids to enjoy.The Starbucks downstairs is nice to lol.Plus I will have to go have lunch with Jeff The Condo King.Maybe next year we will go to Florida.
    Douse A House Low Pressure Cleaning
    Fayetteville NC
    910-308-5700
    www.douseahouse.com
    Tony Fisher

Prestige Member

The resorts sound nice, but it is the beach I am mainly after. We have several indoor water parks and resorts in Ohio (because the weather is awful here for 1/3 the year). Beautiful warm beaches, on the other hand, are something we do not have. I just booked a beachfront hotel in St. Augustine a few minutes ago to hedge my bets. If it is going to at least be in the 70s in Myrtle, then we will go there, but if it is going to be 50s or 60s, then we will go to that pan-handled state to which I said I would never return after the Disney trip. The fort and sites in St. Augustine sound interesting. We have already seen and done just about everything worth doing around the Myrtle area, so a change of scenery might be nice. The cards are in mother nature's hands now.

Prestige Member

Hope all is well Mike.

A close friend of mine goes to St. Augustine every year. Antasia Island.
    Chad Johnson
    East Tennessee Power Washing
    Knoxville, Tn.
    865-368-0847
    www.easttnpowerwashing.com

I really prefer the northern Gulf to the Atlantic beaches. Much prettier sand and water.
    The Emerald Coast is absolutely beautiful.

Destin is fanciest but I like Panama City Beach the best. Not quite as hoity toity and best news is that Southwest flies there now. In Destin most places are across the road from the beach but most in PC are beachfront. The snorkeling in St. Andrews State Park is amazing and they rent equipment.
    Thad Eckhoff
    Apex Services
    Hattiesburg, MS
    (601) 329-5819

It is hard to beat the Blueberry festival and goat races in Burgaw, NC
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

[quote author=offdutyfireman link=topic=14449.msg190443#msg190443 date=1364005074]
    [/quote]

Y'all have interesting customs up north.
    Thad Eckhoff
    Apex Services
    Hattiesburg, MS
    (601) 329-5819

[quote author=Thad link=topic=14449.msg190447#msg190447 date=1364006699]
    [quote author=offdutyfireman link=topic=14449.msg190443#msg190443 date=1364005074]
    [/quote]

Y'all have interesting customs up north.
    [/quote]

You're Right Thad......Freakin Yankees!!
    Pressure Kleen L.L.C.
    Power Washing Service
    Tar-Heel N.C. 28392
    Guy Blackmon 910-876-1594

House Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Pressure Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Power Washing Fayetteville N.C.

The Marriott at Marco Island, Florida is the best vacation I have ever been on. Your guaranteed warm weather there. Can't go wrong with white sand and a nice family resort.
    Daniel Dinkins
    HydroPlus Power Washing LLC
    Greenville, NC
    www.hydroprowash.com

I agree...Marco Island is one of the nicest beach towns in all of Florida. Marriot is very nice we did 10 days there back in 2007. We did not want to leave.
    Ocean City Power Wash
    oceancitypowerwash@yahoo.com
    609.391.WASH
    Ocean City, NJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast