Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Average Mix Per House

Definitely need to separate your house wash mix and roof mix.

You want a surfactant that will rinse from your windows and be streak free. I don't like Gain for that; however, it is no problem to use it in a roof mix. While there are several soaps that are bleach stable, meaning they will not have an adverse reaction, that is not to say that they will not decomp the heck out of your SH. Amine Oxide surfactants are bleach stable and will not accelerate the decomp of your SH. I also believe that myristamine oxide soaps, which are thicker and very good for roof washing, are also stable and a SH stabalizer. Stable = no adverse chem reaction. Stabilizer = not accelerating SH decomp. A lot of chem suppliers sell this as LAO (lauramine Oxide) and MAO (Myristamine Oxide). Pretty sure I spelled those right... Anyway...if it's a soap that will not decomp your SH you can save your leftover mix for weeks and potentially add it to the next job. I have also read that if you combine the LAO and the MAO that it makes a super duper thick soap. I have been using the Roof Snot, but I would love to know if anyone has experience using the lao/mao mix.

As well, if you have a day that you need the 65g. tank for roof wash, just grab a few 15 gallon plastic drums. I like the clear/translucent ones. One man can lug them around when they are full and they don't take up any room at all. You can carry a few with just strait SH and make a new roof mix right on the spot. When I have to go and pick up SH I take about 8 of them with me....
    Last edited by Pro Pressure Washing; 05-12-2013 at 11:25 PM.
    Lee Rivenbark

Pro Pressure Washing
    www.ProPressureWashing.com
    888-998-PROS
    "Restore the appearance of your property!"

Serving the Greater Wilmington & Jacksonville, NC areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Pressure Washing View Post
    Definitely need to separate your house wash mix and roof mix.

You want a surfactant that will rinse from your windows and be streak free. I don't like Gain for that; however, it is no problem to use it in a roof mix. While there are several soaps that are bleach stable, meaning they will not have an adverse reaction, that is not to say that they will not decomp the heck out of your SH. Amine Oxide surfactants are bleach stable and will not accelerate the decomp of your SH. I also believe that myristamine oxide soaps, which are thicker and very good for roof washing, are also stable and a SH stabalizer. Stable = no adverse chem reaction. Stabilizer = not accelerating SH decomp. A lot of chem suppliers sell this as LAO (lauramine Oxide) and MAO (Myristamine Oxide). Pretty sure I spelled those right... Anyway...if it's a soap that will not decomp your SH you can save your leftover mix for weeks and potentially add it to the next job. I have also read that if you combine the LAO and the MAO that it makes a super duper thick soap. I have been using the Roof Snot, but I would love to know if anyone has experience using the lao/mao mix.

As well, if you have a day that you need the 65g. tank for roof wash, just grab a few 15 gallon plastic drums. I like the clear/translucent ones. One man can lug them around when they are full and they don't take up any room at all. You can carry a few with just strait SH and make a new roof mix right on the spot. When I have to go and pick up SH I take about 8 of them with me....
    Bleach Stable Surfactants were pioneered by myself, and a few of my guys at the Roof Cleaning Institute.
    Lauramine Oxide (Ammonyx LO) was discovered by Billy Jensen of H20 Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning In New Port Richey FL, and Myristamine Oxide (Ammonyx M) was my personal discovery.
    I told a distributor here in Florida about our discoveries, and she started selling Hang Tite and Apple Butter.
    She later changed the name to "Gription"
    The only one of the 3 products I mentioned that had Myristamine in it was Apple Butter (named to honor me).
    Myristamine is hard to get, and costly.
    It is true that a blend of Myristamine and Ammonyx will yield a thicker product when combined, but only at the right ratios.
    That information is on the RCIA Forum. However, it is on the closed to the public side of the forum.

Thank you. I will check that out... screech... nevermind I see that it costs 129.00 to venture onto the path of enlightenment. Guess I'll keep ordering the Snot. Hey by the way, something that we started doing on a roof last week was to use the pressure washer with a softwash tip for wetting the plants. This was for a house without gutters. So when the mix dripped off the edge the ground guy sprayed a fan horizontally to catch the roof mix in the air and push it to the side of the house where it simply ran down to the edge of the foundation. There was so much water being sprayed that it never had a chance to dry or affect the siding in an adverse way. The plants were still being rinsed as well in order to protect them from the little drips that occur after we passed a section. All in all it drastically reduced the amount of mix on the plants. And to be fair this was actually pioneered by my brother who was my ground guy for that job. He had that going plus a garden hose going wide open flooding the base of the plants. It will definitely be done like this again.
    Lee Rivenbark

Pro Pressure Washing
    www.ProPressureWashing.com
    888-998-PROS
    "Restore the appearance of your property!"

Serving the Greater Wilmington & Jacksonville, NC areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Pressure Washing View Post
    Thank you. I will check that out... screech... nevermind I see that it costs 129.00 to venture onto the path of enlightenment. Guess I'll keep ordering the Snot. Hey by the way, something that we started doing on a roof last week was to use the pressure washer with a softwash tip for wetting the plants. This was for a house without gutters. So when the mix dripped off the edge the ground guy sprayed a fan horizontally to catch the roof mix in the air and push it to the side of the house where it simply ran down to the edge of the foundation. There was so much water being sprayed that it never had a chance to dry or affect the siding in an adverse way. The plants were still being rinsed as well in order to protect them from the little drips that occur after we passed a section. All in all it drastically reduced the amount of mix on the plants. And to be fair this was actually pioneered by my brother who was my ground guy for that job. He had that going plus a garden hose going wide open flooding the base of the plants. It will definitely be done like this again.
    People have been using pressure washers to water plants for years, and if the PW has high water volume, it is a great idea!
    Tarps are a great idea too

Here is a "secret" http://www.factorydirecthose.com/sit...oduct/MG34x100
    This is the best water hose I know of, it is extremely tough, and light, very easy to work with.
    It is 3/4 diameter!
    It puts out considerably more water, then a 1/2 or 5/8 garden hose.

I've bee looking around in the search tab with no results: what do you do with your leftover roof mix? I have no roofs in the near future and 10 gal left of 60/40 with dawn. Won't use it today on hw but may try it on a deck clean (stain in good shape ~1 year old).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tony Gutilla
    Empire Exterior Cleaning
    Rochester, NY
    (585) 509-0359

I always have some left over in my 100gal tank. I just cover the tank with a tarp to keep it out of direct sun light and have had no problems leaving it for a week or so if things were slow.
    W.T. Harris
    W.T.'s Roof Cleaning
    Elizabeth City NC
    harrisw@co.pasquotank.nc.us
    www.wtsroofcleaning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/WTsroofcleaning
    (252)331-9999

Quote Originally Posted by TGuts28 View Post
    I've bee looking around in the search tab with no results: what do you do with your leftover roof mix? I have no roofs in the near future and 10 gal left of 60/40 with dawn. Won't use it today on hw but may try it on a deck clean (stain in good shape ~1 year old).

You can water it down to make a house wash mix, or spray it on driveways and sidewalks, or you can keep it for a short time, before it goes bad.

Thx guys, my roofs are few and far in between so I like the concrete usage... I swung by a roof from last month and used it to touch up a few spots

Tony Gutilla
    Empire Exterior Cleaning
    Rochester, NY
    (585) 509-0359

How are you guys applying the Roof Mix? I use an M-Jet with my 4gpm unit … Could it be DS or does that dilute it to much? I don't do enough roofs to play around with it and see what works best.
    Eric Smith
    Mr. Clean Power Washing LLC
    Pasadena, MD
    443-619-3133

Quote Originally Posted by MrCleanPW View Post
    How are you guys applying the Roof Mix? I use an M-Jet with my 4gpm unit … Could it be DS or does that dilute it to much? I don't do enough roofs to play around with it and see what works best.

Most either use a 12V or an air diaphragm pump. Most also would advise against using an m-jet for a roof.
    Jeff Smith
    Sparkle Works Power Washing LLC
    1146Highmoor ln
    Evans, GA 30809
    (706) 200-8383
    I am the owner of the best pressure washing company in Augusta GA.
    Our amazing pressure washing facebook page.
    The first choice for Pressure Washing in Augusta GA.
    http://www.augustapressurewashing.com
    Power Washing Augusta GA Yelp

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast