Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Average Mix Per House

Quote Originally Posted by socalkol View Post
    Most either use a 12V or an air diaphragm pump. Most also would advise against using an m-jet for a roof.
    yea i would like to get The Fatboy Bandit from Bob. I was just using this method until that time came.
    Eric Smith
    Mr. Clean Power Washing LLC
    Pasadena, MD
    443-619-3133

Regarding roof mix/house wash mix

For roofs, I use a 35 gallon tank with

24.5 gallons water
    10.5 SH

These numbers are approximate as I generally do not do half gallons so I round up or down.

My house wash mix is generally in 5 gallon buckets

3 gallons water
    2 gallons SH

Of course both have an amount of surfactant. The roof mix is applied using a 12v pump, and my house wash mix is applied through a downstream injector.

If I were to make a 35 gallon batch of house wash mix it would be around

21 gallons water
    14 gallons SH

Which is not that far off from my roof mix of 24.5 gallons water/10.5 SH.
    Keenan Gilligan
    Monarch Pressure Washing LLC
    Knoxville, TN
    www.monarchpressurewashing.com

Squirt
    @ Keenan Gilligan are you using 12.5% in that mix?

Unless you have really light staining on shingles, the m jet won't do much. It dilutes the sh down too much to b effective in killing the mold. Save up for roof pump from Bob. One job basically pays for it. I had one for two yrs that still works but I put away as back up and got new one. Just ran strong sh and sodium hydoxide mix thru it...didn't miss a beat.

Guys,
    Need a little help on this one please. I have to do a house today and i'm out of SH. How should i mix regular household bleach?
    Casey Hunt
    Brandon, MS
    MS Surface Cleaners
    601-278-9865

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Hunt View Post
    Guys,
    Need a little help on this one please. I have to do a house today and i'm out of SH. How should i mix regular household bleach?
    12% bleach is twice as strong as household bleach, so you would have to use double the amount in a mix to achieve the same results.

If you use 2 gals of 12% in a house mix per pail, then you would use 4 gals.

Super Helper Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Hunt View Post
    Guys,
    If you are talking about down streaming for a regular house/siding wash, I use household bleach all the time with success. Matter of fact I get the cheapest bleach I can find. 96oz for $1.49 at Save A Lot and I don't have to make it as strong as everyone suggests. I get by with about half bleach and half water in my bucket but my injector and system is optimized and I pull a fairly strong mix although I've never tested it. Really bad spots I may have to hit 2 or 3 times with mix but I had to do that with 12% a lot of times too. I think a lot of us tend to overkill when we don't have to.
    Grime Reaper Power Clean & Soft Wash
    Serving North Mississippi
    662-316-7685
    http://grimereaperwashing.tumblr.com

Super Helper Member
    Washed this heavily mildewed house last week with ease with cheap bleach.
    uploadfromtaptalk1409710895114.jpg
    Grime Reaper Power Clean & Soft Wash
    Serving North Mississippi
    662-316-7685
    http://grimereaperwashing.tumblr.com

Squirt
    Hello everyone,
    I apologize in advance for any newbie questions, but I'm new to cleaning with chemicals other than bleach. We usually power wash decks and siding and then stain afterwards... So the damage that the bleach does...is mostly repaired when we apply a oil based stain.

I have a huge roof that a client wants us to clean. The house is about 15k square feet, so I'm just guessing that the roof is about 100 squares. It's a 10 year old cedar sake roof with a lot of mildew and moss on it. The walls aren't bad, but will be cleaned as well because of unavoidable runoff stains.

My main question is what chemicals do you recommend I use? I've tried all the house wash products available at the local supply house, but this is just. General home store and the bleach alternative products they have, just never worked Neely as well as bleach. Since this is a roof, I don't want to be blasting it at full strength with my 3300 3 gpm pw'er.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast