Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Average Mix Per House

Quote Originally Posted by Emerson View Post
    For those guys using roof snot and Cherry bomb or Elemonator what are your ratios for mix? I have all 3 products ordered and am interested in feed back. I currently use fresh wash but don't like that it doesn't cover the smell of SH as much as I would like. I usually try for 4-5% mix on the shingles but am interested in finding out the soap ratio guys use!?!?
    It all depends on what we are cleaning and how we are applying. We use Snot and cherry bomb. It only takes a little of each for Downstreaming. For a dedicated pump it will all Depend on how much we are mixing and again what we are cleaning, but generally it's about 16-20 ounces of snot in a 65 gallon mix and about 8 ounces of bomb.

Doug Rucker
    Clean and Green Solutions
    Pressure Washing Roof Cleaning School
    Call or Text 281.883.8470
    http://houston.pressurewashing.net
    http://thewoodlands.pressurewashing.net
    Pressure Cleaning and Roof Cleaning School

Squirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Rucker View Post
    It all depends on what we are cleaning and how we are applying. We use Snot and cherry bomb. It only takes a little of each for Downstreaming. For a dedicated pump it will all Depend on how much we are mixing and again what we are cleaning, but generally it's about 16-20 ounces of snot in a 65 gallon mix and about 8 ounces of bomb.

Doug Rucker
    Clean and Green Solutions
    Pressure Washing Roof Cleaning School
    Thanx Doug! I can't wait to start using the new soaps, fresh was was a good start but in all my research I have done it seems like cherry bomb amd elemonator are the new kings. I have an asphalt roof to clean 3 days after My order arrives so this gives me a good foundation to start with. Much appreciated.

1/3 SH, 2/3 water, 1 bottle gain dish soap. Done.

Fort Wayne Roof Cleaning
    260-271-9672
    www.UltimateRoofCleaning.com

Mixing ratio's........will this help save time and chemical???????????

HELLO;
    What do ya'll think about the PRO-PORTIONER???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5szEjZtSOPU

I am thinking it would really save a lot of headaches as far as changing from roof to siding mixes...
    All changes in mix ratios would be just a turn of the valve.
    It is costly at $1200.00 hard earned dollars......but would it save that with over and under mixing and the time spent mixing ???
    I really like the fact of being able to have any mix ratio I want ....on demand!!!
    I will most likely be adding it onto the
    new rig I am purchasing from DAN SWEDE at ices.com.......the "FIREMAN'S SPECIAL"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM0S...76BzdQ&index=1

Quote Originally Posted by wandmaster View Post
    HELLO;
    What do ya'll think about the PRO-PORTIONER???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5szEjZtSOPU

I am thinking it would really save a lot of headaches as far as changing from roof to siding mixes...
    All changes in mix ratios would be just a turn of the valve.
    It is costly at $1200.00 hard earned dollars......but would it save that with over and under mixing and the time spent mixing ???
    I really like the fact of being able to have any mix ratio I want ....on demand!!!
    I will most likely be adding it onto the
    new rig I am purchasing from DAN SWEDE at ices.com.......the "FIREMAN'S SPECIAL"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM0S...76BzdQ&index=1
    Beautiful equipment and I am sure the Pro-Portioner would do what you think it would for you. The question is one of your business and your goals. We love startups that buy all the best equipment thinking it is the key to success. Not to sound cynical but interject realism into this for a startup.. Good gear is great unless it is sitting in your driveway while you wait for the phone to ring. Those guys end up selling more established businesses that same equipment for pennies on the dollar. In business every purchase, even small ones should answer this question.. Do I NEED it or do I WANT it? We all wanted 8+ gpm fully assembled rigs with diamond boxes, a three bay shop with a secretary answering calls and guys doing the work. This can be a very lucrative business but its also a real world business. It takes three years to become profitable and five years to where it can replace a full time salary and start running smoothly.

I can wash a house with a 4 gpm machine stuck inside a van faster than you will be able to with the 9 gpm rig. So what you need at this point, and I am making an assumption, is experience. Two things drive a business.. customer count and margin. Learning how to sell and price your jobs will cover the margin. The customer count is the hardest thing to achieve. You need a well ranked and producing website. You may have to rely on Angie's List or other lead providers. You have to get your name out via postcards, yard signs, etc. Consider focusing the majority of your budget on the latter. Equipment you can always upgrade later. I am approaching 15years in this and I am still in the upgrading process.

Wow that thing is $1200!What is the point of that?

You come down to Daphne and I will teach you how to mix soap and bleach up for anything you want to wash for $800.Then you can take the other $400 and buy some REAL stuff you are gonna need to wash houses. You will be much better off.

That item WILL break and when it does you will be doing it the old fashion way.

Listen keep your rig to a minimum. The more bells and whistles you have the more EXTRA bells and whistles you have to carry when the first one breaks and EVERYTHING breaks.
    J.C. Galmiche
    Cajun Cleanin' Powerwashing
    Daphne, Al.
    251-510-9508
    cajuncleanin@mchsi.com
    www.cajuncleanin.com
    Pressure washing Daphne,Fairhope,Alabama.

All it is is metering valves with check valves. You can make one for half the price. It is a good idea however but way beyond what i can afford.

Dorsett's Power Wash
    561-285-1840
    www.dpowerwash.com
    Owner: Mike Dorsett

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456