PT State Sponsors

Web Design by Ambidextrous Services
Roof Cleaning Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Injector Draws Soap Even With the Rinse Nozel

Injector Draws Soap Even With the Rinse Nozel

Hi everyone, I've had a most frustrating day due to a problem with downstream injectors. My machine is an 8GPM Pressure Pro that I got from Bob last week. I've used it on four jobs and didn't have any problems until today.

I use General (fixed) injectors (size 2.1 for 3-5 GPM machines since I use 200 feet of hose) along with the JRod 4 way nozel holder setup for 8GPM machines. When I started my job today I wasn't getting any soap draw at all with an injector that worked fine over the past few jobs with my new machine. I always flush my injector after every job but for some reason today I wasn't drawing soap. I checked the arrow on the injector and it was facing the right direction. I checked all "O" rings and they all looked good. I even switched over to my spare gun which is rated at 12 GPM but the gun was not the problem.

After checking out everything I decided to put on a brand new injector. With the fresh injector I was now getting soap but when I switched to the rinse nozzzle I was still getting soap. I checked out everything I could think of but still the same problem.

I decided to switch over to my back-up (4GPM) machine with the correct JRod nozzle set and the injector worked fine. I got straight rinse water with the rinse nozzle and plenty of soap with the soap nozzle.

I'm completely lost as to what the problem may be. The motor and pump on my new machine seem to be working fine but the injectors are giving me fits. I'm at home now and plan on setting my rig back up in hopes of finding the problem and solving it but thought I'd run this by you guys to see if you have any idea(s) of what is causing this problem.

Thanks for any and all input.
    Richard Crocker
    www.UltraClearWindowCleaning.com
    Greenwood, SC

Super Helper Member
    The rinse tip is to big its causing a loss in pressure making the injector draw.Use a smaller rinse tip and you will be ok you sound upset an worried.Dont sweat this just relax the machine is fine all is well.There is no real majik with an injector just size up on your rinse tip and you will be fine.Dont hesitate to post back with an update.
    Hal Brown
    Sophia Nc 27350
    www.AbvPressureWashing.com

Though your problems were related to injectors, they are unrelated issues. The first injector may be bad, stuck ball, etc. I've had them go during their maiden voyage and others last for a hundred uses. The second issue was maybe user error. You cannot use the same orifice rinsing nozzle with your 4 gpm that you use with your 8. If you use a #20 or #15 to rinse, you may need a #10 or smaller on the 4 gpm machine to shut off the downstreamer. You did mention you used a different J-rod group for the smaller machine but double check to make sure. The nozzles in the second setup could be worn causing pressure to fall enough to activate the downstreamer.

Quote Originally Posted by kiloman7 View Post
    The rinse tip is to big its causing a loss in pressure making the injector draw.Use a smaller rinse tip and you will be ok you sound upset an worried.Dont sweat this just relax the machine is fine all is well.There is no real majik with an injector just size up on your rinse tip and you will be fine.Dont hesitate to post back with an update.
    Hi Hal, I'm using the JRod 4 way nozzle set for 8GPM machines on the new machine. I actually have two brand new JRod sets for the 8GPM machine and they worked great over the past few days. I may just have one injector gone bad and maybe replaced with a "dud" new injector. I've got another brand new injector I'll try out to see if it works properly.

Thanks for your help and quick reply!
    Richard Crocker
    Greenwood, SC

Quote Originally Posted by pressurepros View Post
    Though your problems were related to injectors, they are unrelated issues. The first injector may be bad, stuck ball, etc. I've had them go during their maiden voyage and others last for a hundred uses. The second issue was maybe user error. You cannot use the same orifice rinsing nozzle with your 4 gpm that you use with your 8. If you use a #20 or #15 to rinse, you may need a #10 or smaller on the 4 gpm machine to shut off the downstreamer. You did mention you used a different J-rod group for the smaller machine but double check to make sure. The nozzles in the second setup could be worn causing pressure to fall enough to activate the downstreamer.
    Hi Ken, I was using the correct JRod nozzle set for my 8GPM machine. I actually tried both of the brand new (8GPM) JRod sets that I have and still had the same problem. After reading your reply I'm beginning to think that one injector was bad and the new one I tried was defective. I've got yet another brand new injector so I'll set it up and try it. I'll report back as to whether or not that solves the problem.

Thanks for your help!
    Richard Crocker
    Greenwood, SC

Blog Entries
    You may need to I down to #15 for rinsing or slightly turn your ball to restrict the flow.
    http://www.pressuretek.com
    I don't believe in superstition...It's bad luck!
    Bob Williamson
    Cleveland, OH
    866-700-0044

By far the easiest way to stop soap is to route it thru a the way ball valve and turn the soap off when you are ready to rinse. Use an 0050 to soap and rinse with. Injectors may last ten minutes our a month.Bob can attest i buy about the dozen a year from hiabout the dozen from my local Landa guy each year. Keep 4 or 5 spares for each machine at all times.
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Williamson View Post
    You may need to I down to #15 for rinsing or slightly turn your ball to restrict the flow.

Hi Bob, I just now tried the other brand new injector and it didn't solve the problem so it must be a nozzle issue. The wierd thing is that the last few jobs everything worked fine then suddenly today my rinse nozzles (high & low) both draw soap.

I'll order the #15 nozzles tonight and try them out in a few days. I'll check the local pressure washer supply store tomorrow morning but I don't think they have a great selection of nozzles.

As for slightly turning the ball to restrict the flow, I don't know exactly what you mean. How do you do that?

Thanks!
    Richard Crocker
    Greenwood, SC

Quote Originally Posted by offdutyfireman View Post
    By far the easiest way to stop soap is to route it thru a the way ball valve and turn the soap off when you are ready to rinse. Use an 0050 to soap and rinse with. Injectors may last ten minutes our a month.Bob can attest i buy about the dozen a year from hiabout the dozen from my local Landa guy each year. Keep 4 or 5 spares for each machine at all times.
    Really? You go through them that quick? Mine last 6 months to a year. Except the Allison ones I bought one time they lasted about a week each. Never again. But the General Pump ones last a long time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

-JOSH DAVIS
    910-508-2433 Office
    910-805-8176 Cell
    Wilmington, NC Pressure Washing, Roof Cleaning http://jdroofcleaning.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_D View Post
    Really? You go through them that quick? Mine last 6 months to a year. Except the Allison ones I bought one time they lasted about a week each. Never again. But the General Pump ones last a long time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    It's a crap shoot. I've had them last everywhere from 2 jobs to 3-4 months. I try to keep 3 of them as spares. Bob's modified injectors are the best.