Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Let's see if I've got this rinsing thing figured out....

Quote Originally Posted by cajun cleanin View Post
    I feel the same way!

This didn't look like this until I rinsed it.

Oh and anyone that steals this picture owes me 1 dozen Krispy kreme doughnuts or I'm sueing!
    Nice Job on that roof cleaning JC!
    Here is the water hose we use, and recommend http://www.factorydirecthose.com/sit...oduct/MG34x100
    One you use it, you will know why

We have a 5 gpm pwasher, 10 gpm piston pump washer and ofcourse the roof pump at 7 gpm. Not to mention the firemen nozzle with customer hose. We can get a whole lotta water on a roof real fast. We can rinse a roof in 15-20 mins. We just accept rinsing as part of the job so we do our best to have equipment that speeds up the process. I don't ever want to replace vegetation. You look like a rookie if something gets ruined.
    Craig
    VC All Purpose Corp.
    Stoughton, MA 02072

Quote Originally Posted by VCAllPurpose View Post
    We have a 5 gpm pwasher, 10 gpm piston pump washer and ofcourse the roof pump at 7 gpm. Not to mention the firemen nozzle with customer hose. We can get a whole lotta water on a roof real fast. We can rinse a roof in 15-20 mins. We just accept rinsing as part of the job so we do our best to have equipment that speeds up the process. I don't ever want to replace vegetation. You look like a rookie if something gets ruined.
    That is SO Correct Craig! Even the best roof cleaning job is ruined by dead plants. After all, would you send a plant killer, to your friends and family ?
    Plus, the killing of plants can go viral, if you are not careful!
    You can easily have your smiling face on the local news, if you are not careful!
    "Roof Cleaning Customer Gets More Then She Bargained For, Details On News Channel 8 At 6 pm"

If you think I am kidding, here is what happened to me, nearly 20 year ago. I heard my door bell at 7.30 in the morning, I went and opened the door, 1/2 asleep, and was face to face with a camera, and a "On You Side" News Reporter, who had her own TV Show, here in the Tampa area.
    Suddenly, the camera stopped, and the camera guy said "Jackie, I know Chris" !!!!
    I got really lucky, I knew the cameraman from the Gym!
    So, they made it a "Happy Story", with me completely replacing the landscaping on one side of the customers house!
    I got to get on TV, and present a check for 800.00 to the customer, for the whole side of her house we killed (there was a single downspout, it rained, and all the chemical from that entire side of the roof ran onto both her, and her neighbors grass)!

I got LUCKY ! And business after that TV Spot was incredible!

Learned a ton from you Chris. Learn to listen, listen to learn they tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by VCAllPurpose View Post
    Learned a ton from you Chris. Learn to listen, listen to learn they tell me.
    Glad to be of help my friend!
    Back when I started cleaning roofs w/o pressure over 20 years ago, non pressure chemical roof cleaning was a "black art", known only to a few, and they weren't talking!
    I learned all I know by trial and error, and I vowed that someday, I would make it so no one would have to make all the terrible mistakes I once did.
    My lungs are shot now, from years of breathing in the roof cleaning chemical w/o always wearing a respirator.
    If anyone remember Dave Westerman, who was around back in the early days of the RCIA, he is on Oxygen from this shit.

respiratory.jpg
    I am not far behind him, I am sad to say.
    It is not the FUMES that harm you, it is all the dissolved SH particles you suck deep into your lungs, as you walk through an area you just sprayed.
    Your Lungs have no feeling, and the dissolved SH particles can't tell the difference between lung tissue, and algae!
    It was not like I never wore a respirator, actually I did wear one, a good deal of the time.
    It is just that I have cleaned so many roofs, that my exposure time to this shit is off the chain!

Something to think about, for all you people reading this, who are planning to go out and chop prices (You know who you are).
    If I have to wear an oxygen tank around the rest of my life, at least I can say I was never a whore, and made quite a bit of money cleaning roofs.
    My lung doctor (pulmonologist) told me ONCE is all it takes for PERMANENT LUNG DAMAGE.

Once the damage to your lungs from the dissolved SH particles you breathe in is done, it is not reversible!

Stand across the street, as a man is up cleaning a roof, and you will see what is going on. The roof cleaning chemical spray hits the roof, but some of it bounces up into the air in a toxic cloud. The man on the roof is breathing deeply from pulling his hose, and a little bit of normal anxiety about possibly falling off the roof.

The roof man can seldom even see this cloud of airborne chemicals, but if you are on the ground, you will often see him walk right into it!

Imagine for a minute, how many of these toxic clouds I have walked through and breathed in, in 20 years ?

I very much enjoy helping all of you guys, but if you only learn ONE thing from me, let it be this.

Always wear a proper respirator with a pre filter, and NEVER Ever take it off while spraying the roof cleaning chemical.
    This applies to your ground man as well, perhaps even more!

Thanks for the info and warnings, Chris. How's biz in Tampa? We got to talk on the phone for a few minutes a couple of months ago and I've been meaning to call you and talk some more about setting up our roof cleaning. Hope you're doing well!

Rob
    Fullwood Pressure Cleaning Service
    Lakeland, FL.
    www.fullwoodpcs.com

"Always wear a proper respirator with a pre filter, and NEVER Ever take it off while spraying the roof cleaning chemical.
    This applies to your ground man as well, perhaps even more!"

That advise is coming from a man that knows as much or more about roof cleaning as anyone on this planet. Everyone should take it to heart!
    Ted
    Rapid HotClean
    http://rapidhotclean.com/
    http://portland.pressurewashing.net/
    Call or Text 503-709-3594

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F View Post
    Thanks for the info and warnings, Chris. How's biz in Tampa? We got to talk on the phone for a few minutes a couple of months ago and I've been meaning to call you and talk some more about setting up our roof cleaning. Hope you're doing well!

Rob
    I remember you Brother!
    We are pretty busy, the rain giving us fits, as far as scheduling.
    Call anytime (after 10 am), I am always up till 10 pm at least.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567