Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see if I've got this rinsing thing figured out....

Oops. Just accidently deleted my last post. Jeremy, I'm going to have one guy on the roof and I'll be watering from the ground. Going to be a good opportunity to try different techniques. It will be a learning experience, that's for sure. John, holy cow! 330,000 sq. ft in one job? That's a lot of area. Thanks again everyone for the feedback.
    Brody Beyer
    Lakeshore Pressure Washing, LLC
    Two Rivers, WI
    920-242-9040
    www.lakeshorepressurewashing.com

So you're having an employee put down the mix on the roof??? I think you're just asking for trouble in my opinion. YOU need to have experience cleaning roofs first before you can tell or show an employee what to do IMHO. Others may disagree with me....

Super Helper Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clear Shine Maintenance View Post
    So you're having an employee put down the mix on the roof??? I think you're just asking for trouble in my opinion. YOU need to have experience cleaning roofs first before you can tell or show an employee what to do IMHO. Others may disagree with me....
    I agree. You need to be up there to see what's happening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Grime Reaper Power Clean & Soft Wash
    Serving North Mississippi
    662-316-7685
    http://grimereaperwashing.tumblr.com

Super Helper Member
    There is some technique you need to try to learn. Act like you are spraying paint. Apply lightly and move on. After some dwell time look for spots not coming clean and re spray. Repeat until clean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Grime Reaper Power Clean & Soft Wash
    Serving North Mississippi
    662-316-7685
    http://grimereaperwashing.tumblr.com

I have done well over 100 roofs now and we never rinse. Educate your customers and make more $$$.

I rinse roofs and have cleaned 100's . I have talked to the chemists who make sodium hypochlorite and have taked to a materials chemist . The salts left behind from the bleach are not good for the life of the shingle. What other chemical do you leave and not rinse ?

How is the salt not good for the shingle? Also the roof does get rinsed by the rain not by us.
    Diamond Roof Cleaning and Powerwashing
    320 E Collings Dr
    Williamstown NJ 08094
    Owner-Michael DeRose Sr.
    www.diamondroofcleaning.com

Prestige Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim foley View Post
    I rinse roofs and have cleaned 100's . I have talked to the chemists who make sodium hypochlorite and have taked to a materials chemist . The salts left behind from the bleach are not good for the life of the shingle. What other chemical do you leave and not rinse ?
    Do your chemists work for ARMA?

Quote Originally Posted by Brody View Post
    Thanks for the info, Jeremy. You have me leaning towards not rinsing. Unless there are no gutters, then I feel it is still better to rinse to avoid landscaping damage. I wish Chris Tucker would chime in on this. I value his opinion. (Not that I don't value everyone else's). I'm still in awe how good that roof looks without rinsing! Thanks again for the info & pics.
    OK, here I am
    In fact, I "live my life" through many of you. My Lungs are SHOT guys, the victims of being a "Macho Man", and not wearing a respirator. I run out of breath just climbing a ladder now, so my roof cleaning days are over.

Here in Florida, many roofs do not have gutters. Here is the skinny on rinsing vs not rinsing.
    W/O Gutters, it is always best to TARP the plants, clean the roof, then, leave the tarps in place, and rinse at least 1/3 of the roof, from the ground.
    Once the chit stops dripping, pull your tarps, and go home, or better yet, knock on some doors!

On roofs WITH gutters, pay attention to where the downspouts go. If they go into the grass or plant beds, either divert the flow, or install (and leave behind) large collection bags, or you will be sorry.
    Yes, you can simply water around the downspouts, and if you get a GOOD Rain, you are OK.

But, if you get a 1/2 ass rain, you will be FUNKED, because all that chit on the roof (salt) will come down a few downspouts, and can kill both your customers plants, and the neighbors!

WE NEVER rinse roofs with gutters and downspouts. But we DO always leave collection bags attached, for when it rains.
    The customers are instructed, as follows!

"Mr Customer, we have cleaned and treated your roof, and we need the treatment chemical to dwell as long as possible, so we have installed collection bags, to protect your grass and plants.
    After a rain, simply either drag these bags to a drain or your driveway, or if the bags are too heavy, cut and let them drain, and water the drained area real well, until the water stands"

LOL, we got tired of replacing Sod and expensive plants, in the hot Florida Sun!

This is how WE do it guys.

I can't always be here, since I have a new roof cleaning forum at www.roofcleaninginstitute.org , as well as a free Google+ Roof Cleaning Community, that will provide everyone with some valuable Local SEO Juice.

But, I just subscribed to this thread, so if any of you have any questions, just ask
    Chris Tucker@Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa

Awesome post
    Alex C.
    ARC Powerwashing, LLC
    919-827-4376

ARC Powerwashing has been providing Pressure Washing to Raleigh since 2005.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast