Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Let's see if I've got this rinsing thing figured out....

William, I think that is just a proof. The magnet is only the apple shaped part.

I was being facetious. Crotchety old curmudgeons can do that.
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Heritage View Post
    William, I think that is just a proof. The magnet is only the apple shaped part.
    Yes, it was a proof we just approved. We chose to order 2500 of the magnetic apples, to leave with customers.
    We find that advertisements shaped like fruit stay on refrigerators

For those who like to use Gutter Canes when cleaning roofs, here is a thread on the parts needed to build them http://roofcleaninginstitute.org/ind...098/#entry1879

Prestige Member
    do they pull the magnets off the downspouts as they remove your trash bags filled with chlorine runoff?

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    do they pull the magnets off the downspouts as they remove your trash bags filled with chlorine runoff?
    How does bleach work?

Sodium hypochlorite is very reactive, and actually unstable. Left exposed to the atmosphere, chlorine gas evaporates from the solution at a considerable rate, and if it is heated the sodium hypochlorite falls apart into salt and oxygen. This also happens when it comes into contact with acids, sunlight, certain metals, and many gases, and is one of the reasons why bleach can be used on a large scale - after use it decomposes to benign products (salt and water) which can be flushed into the drainage system without problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Apple Roof Cleaning View Post
    We find that advertisements shaped like fruit stay on refrigerators
    Our new George Takei magnets are doing great.
    Thad Eckhoff
    Apex Services
    Hattiesburg, MS
    (601) 329-5819

Super Helper Member
    Quote Originally Posted by offdutyfireman View Post
    I was being facetious. Crotchety old curmudgeons can do that.
    Watch your mouth William there might be children reading this forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Grime Reaper Power Clean & Soft Wash
    Serving North Mississippi
    662-316-7685
    http://grimereaperwashing.tumblr.com

Thanks again everyone for your input! Chris, thanks for chiming in. I'm sorry to hear about your health. I will go buy myself and my employee respirators. So, WE did our first roof job last Saturday. (6 building apartment complex) I capitalize we because I took your advise and we learned together (for a while) on the roof. Once we were both comfortable with the process, I went back on the ground watering. I used 1/3 12.5% SH, 2/3 water and 1 44oz. bottle of Gain per 100 gallons. (Thanks are due again, Chris!) All the buildings had gutters, so, we bagged the downspouts during application. We decided not to rinse. I still watered the snot around all the downspouts; extra insurance in my mind. After we were done, I collected all of the downspout bags and disposed of the runoff properly. About 3 hours later, it rained a nice medium/heavy rain for about 4 hours! Woo-hoo! The roofs looked great after treating them, but you all are right about some "haze". I went back the next day (after the rain) and the roofs looked great!! The property owner e-mailed me today and said he was very happy! All-in-all, I couldn't be more proud of how our 1st job went. Maybe we just got lucky. Maybe mistakes will be made in the future. But I found my new favorite job. I'm lovin' roof cleaning! Here's some pics. Thanks again to everyone. (Damn it!! I did the pictures backwards again! Sorry.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brody Beyer
    Lakeshore Pressure Washing, LLC
    Two Rivers, WI
    920-242-9040
    www.lakeshorepressurewashing.com

PS. I drove through the property today to carefully check for any signs of vegetation (grass, shrubs, etc.) damage/death: No adverse affects observed!
    Brody Beyer
    Lakeshore Pressure Washing, LLC
    Two Rivers, WI
    920-242-9040
    www.lakeshorepressurewashing.com

Super Helper Member
    Why did you put all that grime on that clean roof. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    Grime Reaper Power Clean & Soft Wash
    Serving North Mississippi
    662-316-7685
    http://grimereaperwashing.tumblr.com

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast