Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok, I've been searching for an hour...

Ok, I've been searching for an hour...

I can't find my answer through searching.

I am sick of batteries. SICK OF THEM! I'm sick of charging them. I'm sick of having to remember that they are on the charger. I'm sick of forgetting to charge them and then having to run my roof rig off of jumper cables attached to my truck battery.

I want to be rid of these damned batteries!

I am buying a new truck over the winter...details to be disclosed later...and I am in the process of designing the new rig. I want to eliminate the batteries for my delavan. If I can't, I will eliminate the delavan and go with an air pump.

Can I or can't I, hard wire my 5850 (yeah...I don't like the fatboy) to the truck? If not, please explain why. I ran my 5850 off of my truck several times this season when my marine batteries died...(I did over 200 roofs this year. WOOT!) They worked fine that way. I just kept the truck running.

I also did not have to replace a roof pump this year! Ran great after some tips from someone and some freebee upgrade parts!

Anyhow. Can I or can't I? If not...why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan556 View Post
    I can't find my answer through searching.

I am sick of batteries. SICK OF THEM! I'm sick of charging them. I'm sick of having to remember that they are on the charger. I'm sick of forgetting to charge them and then having to run my roof rig off of jumper cables attached to my truck battery.

I want to be rid of these damned batteries!

I am buying a new truck over the winter...details to be disclosed later...and I am in the process of designing the new rig. I want to eliminate the batteries for my delavan. If I can't, I will eliminate the delavan and go with an air pump.

Can I or can't I, hard wire my 5850 (yeah...I don't like the fatboy) to the truck? If not, please explain why. I ran my 5850 off of my truck several times this season when my marine batteries died...(I did over 200 roofs this year. WOOT!) They worked fine that way. I just kept the truck running.

I also did not have to replace a roof pump this year! Ran great after some tips from someone and some freebee upgrade parts!

Anyhow. Can I or can't I? If not...why not?
    Yes, it's called a battery isolator.

Use your existing marine battery. when your truck is running, your battery is being charged. When your truck is not running. You don't kill your truck battery. If your battery runs down, start the truck and rock on without jumper cables.

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Syste...ttery+isolator
    Hagerstown Pressure Washing contractors
    Full Color Contractor Yard Signs

Tim Fields
    Complete Power Wash
    sign2day.com
    Hagerstown, MD

Super Helper Member TreyWinslow's Avatar
    Easy.

Get x amount of feet of 0AWG power cable and run the +,- on the front battery to the +,- on the rear battery. I do this with big car audio setups. Alternator keeps the batterys charged. Kind of like doing buss bars.
    Trey Winslow
    Patriot Pro Clean Inc
    Manassas, VA
    571-393-8046
    Pressure Washing services in Northern Virginia

My big car audio is a tape like device that plugs into my phone, so I can listen to commercial free music on my truck stereo.

I get it though. Why cant I just bypass the second battery though and just run my pump from the 12V system of the truck?

Super Helper Member TreyWinslow's Avatar
    My big car audio is a tape like device that plugs into my phone, so I can listen to commercial free music on my truck stereo.

I get it though. Why cant I just bypass the second battery though and just run my pump from the 12V system of the truck?
    Resistance...You could try it, not sure how it's going to go though.

More resistance is less current to your pump.
    Trey Winslow
    Patriot Pro Clean Inc
    Manassas, VA
    571-393-8046
    Pressure Washing services in Northern Virginia

Because your pump does not belong under the hood of your truck. And your trucks starting battery does not belong on your trailer.

You can recharge your pump battery with a much smaller wire than you can run your pump with.
    Hagerstown Pressure Washing contractors
    Full Color Contractor Yard Signs

Tim Fields
    Complete Power Wash
    sign2day.com
    Hagerstown, MD

Please elaborate.

I used to run a meat truck that ran freezers off of an over sized alternator. Freezers kick on every 10-20 minutes...more frequently in the hot summer months. We never had a problem. Our inverters never burned up.

If inverters are the key, can I just instal one and run a 115 volt 5850?

In curious do you guys have problems with keeping the batteries charged with the delevan pumps? Just bought a roof system from Bob not finished with new rig yet so haven't started doing roofs yet. But how much time are you guys getting on a single deep cycle battery? I'm thinkin that I will install an onboard charger and just park rig and plug in everyday.
    Fullwood Pressure Cleaning Service
    Lakeland, FL.
    www.fullwoodpcs.com

Super Helper Member
    You should easily be able to wash two or three roofs with a good battery.
    Grime Reaper Power Clean & Soft Wash
    Serving North Mississippi
    662-316-7685
    http://grimereaperwashing.tumblr.com

You want the dual battery isolator like stated above. Factory battery under the hood, marine battery in the back. The truck battery is not designed to run your pump for long periods without going dead, it's for starting. The marine battery is designed for running your pump for long periods without charge. But when you start the truck and drive, the isolator will charge both batteries in your system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The Wash Wizards
    Here Today, Clean Tomorrow!
    Chris Dubbs
    Fishers In.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast