Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Residential estimates

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsuds View Post
    In the last 5 years I have been going out and writing more estimates. When we write estimates we write them up for everything we se dirty, not just the house. Roofs have made a big improvement in average sales. I do not think our prices are that far off. We may do more easy vinyl houses. We also do more jobs were we do a lot of work and average a good amount for all jobs done.

    Trying to help new sales guy. Did some numbers and just his estimates are at 57-58%. He needs to follow up more and learn to ask for the job better. That is why I say he is a estimator not a sales man. He has done well and made good money but can do better. We still do not go out for every call and do not go out for most all repeats. After 23 years we have a lot of repeats now.
    Brian does your new sales guy have any actual hands on experience in washing??? Iknow for me its a lot easier to sell something if I know it inside and out.

  2. #12
    Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    WARRINGTON PA
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by dave mac View Post
    Brian does your new sales guy have any actual hands on experience in washing??? Iknow for me its a lot easier to sell something if I know it inside and out.
    Yes he has worked on the trucks for over 10 years and knows everything. He has also worked in the office and it was a great fit for him to move into doing sales.
    Rolling Suds Inc.
    Brian Wendling
    Power washing in Pa.
    Roof Cleaning in Pa.
    http://Rollingsudsinc.com

  3. #13
    Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    WARRINGTON PA
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by offdutyfireman View Post
    Thought all of your questions got answered
    1. 99% see previous comments. 990. Only bid on the ones you want to do
    2. See previous comments
    3. Residential 2500 or so. Commercial 30 or so
    So you gave 2500 estimates and did 2,475 houses already this year?
    Why have houses you do not want to do? Charge more and do them all.
    Rolling Suds Inc.
    Brian Wendling
    Power washing in Pa.
    Roof Cleaning in Pa.
    http://Rollingsudsinc.com

  4. #14
    Prestige Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lenoir City, Tn.
    Posts
    2,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsuds View Post
    Yes he has worked on the trucks for over 10 years and knows everything. He has also worked in the office and it was a great fit for him to move into doing sales.
    With that being said, if your unhappy with his sales performance then why do you think that is?
    Chad Johnson
    East Tennessee Power Washing
    Knoxville, Tn.
    865-368-0847
    www.easttnpowerwashing.com

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
    With that being said, if your unhappy with his sales performance then why do you think that is?
    At 58% I think he is just trying to tweak performance,

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsuds View Post
    So you gave 2500 estimates and did 2,475 houses already this year?
    Why have houses you do not want to do? Charge more and do them all.
    About half are houses and the other half are gutters. I don't really want to do a house bigger than 2400 sq feet. Prefer vinyl. Easy ones are quicker and you don't have to meet with the owners to give a price and spend time talking with them. Our bread and butter is apartments. Houses are filler work.
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

  7. #17
    Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    WARRINGTON PA
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by dave mac View Post
    At 58% I think he is just trying to tweak performance,
    Yes. I'm not saying that I am not happy, we are making money. I just think he can do a little better and wanted to know what everyone thinks is a good percent. When you get closer to doing 1500-2000 estimates in a year every percent counts.
    Rolling Suds Inc.
    Brian Wendling
    Power washing in Pa.
    Roof Cleaning in Pa.
    http://Rollingsudsinc.com

  8. #18
    The average sales guy closes around 20%. A great salesman closes 35%.

    We (pressure washers) sell lower ticket items so our percentages are higher.

    B, does he ask for the sale at the time of estimate? Does he follow up multiple times with people that don't close right away? Send him down, I'll run him through the Fenner school of one-call closes.

  9. #19
    Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    WARRINGTON PA
    Posts
    570
    He does not follow up. I have to keep asking him. He is supposed to be asking for the sale but I do not think he does a lot. He could use some coaching. Maybe I should send him somewhere.
    Rolling Suds Inc.
    Brian Wendling
    Power washing in Pa.
    Roof Cleaning in Pa.
    http://Rollingsudsinc.com

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by offdutyfireman View Post
    About half are houses and the other half are gutters. I don't really want to do a house bigger than 2400 sq feet. Prefer vinyl. Easy ones are quicker and you don't have to meet with the owners to give a price and spend time talking with them. Our bread and butter is apartments. Houses are filler work.
    You washed 2400 houses and thats just filler work, thats awesome man, how many men are you running??

    ps
    must be those remote controls that allow you to go so fast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •