Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: surface cleaner fatigue

I think it was the combination of the Hammerhead I was using and I have a bad habit of squeezing the handles harder whenever I would go over very dirty concrete, like somehow it would work better and get cleaner if I squeezed harder. With the classic it just works so much better I stopped squeezing. I should have listened to Chris Chappell when I was deciding which surface cleaner to buy. He told me to get the classic, but I wanted to save a few bucks, and went with a hammerhead. It ended up costing me twice as much and sore elbows to boot.

I still keep the tennis ball in the gun on the classic or big guy but the Steel Eagles I took the gun out and operate it with the ball valve on the end of the hose.

My new classic handle is shorter and stays up without falling over, sure makes a big difference when you don't have to hold up the handle anymore on those large concrete areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Quaglia View Post
    I think it was the combination of the Hammerhead I was using and I have a bad habit of squeezing the handles harder whenever I would go over very dirty concrete, like somehow it would work better and get cleaner if I squeezed harder. With the classic it just works so much better I stopped squeezing. I should have listened to Chris Chappell when I was deciding which surface cleaner to buy. He told me to get the classic, but I wanted to save a few bucks, and went with a hammerhead. It ended up costing me twice as much and sore elbows to boot.
    Take that crappy gun off your surface cleaner and just put a quick connect at the end of the whip line. Some recommend using the same gun you use for house washing, but with my BE, and probably with the Hammerhead, that won't work because of the way the SC is set up. Just use a ball valve and no gun.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    JOSH DAVIS
    JD Pressure Washing
    910-508-2433 Office
    910-805-8176 Cell
    We have a great pressure washing service in Ocala, FL!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_D View Post
    Take that crappy gun off your surface cleaner and just put a quick connect at the end of the whip line. Some recommend using the same gun you use for house washing, but with my BE, and probably with the Hammerhead, that won't work because of the way the SC is set up. Just use a ball valve and no gun.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Got a Classic now. The gun is so easy to squeeze, I'll wait until it starts leaking then I will go with a ball valve.

Interesting idea to remove the gun on the SC. I may have to do that. Learned a lesson the other day, bring extra O-rings. One blew out, so I had to dc the ball valve(QC to BV went out) and turn on and off the machine to reattach and finish the job. Good thing I was almost done with the driveway when things went south.
    Chad Jones
    Cypress Pro Wash
    Cypress, TX
    http://www.cypressprowash.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Chad J View Post
    Interesting idea to remove the gun on the SC. I may have to do that. Learned a lesson the other day, bring extra O-rings. One blew out, so I had to dc the ball valve(QC to BV went out) and turn on and off the machine to reattach and finish the job. Good thing I was almost done with the driveway when things went south.
    O-rings are a must. Get a bag of each size, you will need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Quaglia View Post
    O-rings are a must. Get a bag of each size, you will need them.
    Spend the extra $$ for Viton
    Matt Goin
    President
    Grass Butler Lawn Maintenance
    Wash Butler Pressure Washing
    www.grassbutler.com
    www.washbutler.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123