Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's everyone do for money when it's 1 degree outside?

Super Helper Member
    Our techs go on unemployment. Managers are salary.

I'm reading the replies and it's not my thing, I can't sit around. I'm aiming at a 2nd vehicle, a truck with a snow plow. Plus I'm enetering into the realty world, repairing and prepping houses for sale or rental. My goal has be aligning myself to be turning money minimum 5 days a week.
    BGS
    Property Services
    www.facebook.com/bpgsbiz
    Brian
    703-517-2417

What's everyone do for money when it's 1 degree outside?

Who said anything about sitting around?

You're asking members of a pressure washing forum what they're doing when temps are 1 degree. Not a snow plowing site, not a house flipping or renting site, a pressure washing site...what response were you looking for?

I'm doing what I can't do when the season starts up......it's called enjoying my life.

To each their own.
    Pressure Kleen L.L.C.
    Power Washing Service
    Tar-Heel N.C. 28392
    Guy Blackmon 910-876-1594

House Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Pressure Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Power Washing Fayetteville N.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy B View Post

You're asking members of a pressure washing forum what they're doing when temps are 1 degree. Not a snow plowing site, not a house flipping or renting site, a pressure washing site...what response were you looking for?

I'm doing what I can't do when the season starts up......it's called enjoying my life.

To each their own.
    +1 Obviously no one here is pressure washing in 1 degree weather. I am lucky that my geographic location has few days below freezing, but it still happens.

Brian, no one was saying what "you" needed to be doing. We ask questions here to hear others thoughts, opinions, and professional experiences. It's probably not the best idea to get defensive when people answer your question just because it's not what you were "wanting" to hear.
    Jeff Smith
    Sparkle Works Power Washing LLC
    1146Highmoor ln
    Evans, GA 30809
    (706) 200-8383
    I am the owner of the best pressure washing company in Augusta GA.
    Our amazing pressure washing facebook page.
    The first choice for Pressure Washing in Augusta GA.
    http://www.augustapressurewashing.com
    Power Washing Augusta GA Yelp

Quote Originally Posted by Guy B View Post

To each their own.
    Where'd all that come from? I'm asking what people do as alternatives for income not looking for personal philosophy on life.
    BGS
    Property Services
    www.facebook.com/bpgsbiz
    Brian
    703-517-2417

But your original post just asked what everyone did when it is 1 degree outside...maybe starting a another thread asking about alternative income sources would clear up the misunderstanding
    Jeff
    ABM Cleaning
    Greensboro, NC
    336-558-3052
    www.abmcleaning.net

In all fairness, he did ask what we did for "money" when it is one degree outside. I work enough when it is not one degree to not work when it is. My guys get paid for 40 hours a week for the two or three weeks that week can't work because of weather. Unemployment is not an option because I refuse to let others foot the bill for my failing to provide work. If you have gear that you can move from the basement to the garage then you don't have a business that can support you and finding other things to do might be necessary. Personal philosophy is what guides me in business, so it might be hard to take advice if you put parameters on what you will listen to. Open a lock out service. I locked my keys in my car in West Virginia Thursday and it took two days to find someone to unlock it. Open a hot dog stand in front of Home Depot. I looked into it but they want to much rental fee here to make it worth while. Become a paid endorser for those yellow glasses that make it easier to see at night when you are driving. Create a side business painting the right hand side of mailboxes. Only you can figure out what to do. Telling people what you really do with other companies or business endeavors will just make people want to copy them.
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

Relax some then get everything ready to make money. Get all marketing together and start selling your company. You will make business better when you start working.
    Rolling Suds Inc.
    Brian Wendling
    Power washing in Pa.
    Roof Cleaning in Pa.
    http://Rollingsudsinc.com

Quote Originally Posted by BPGS View Post
    Where'd all that come from? I'm asking what people do as alternatives for income not looking for personal philosophy on life.
    Brian my post may have come off different than my intent and that was my fault, but I certainly wasn't giving a personal philosophy on life anywhere.

We Basically have about 2 months out of the year where we're "Down" as far as work. We use this time to repair equipment, prepare marketing plans, schedule commercial customers for 2014...among other things.

I'm sure there are other income avenues I could explore for this period, but I see no profit potential in them. So I focus on being ready for the upcoming season and maximizing our profit potential.

Your goal of producing income 5 days a week is great and I'm sure you'll reach it. Good Luck!
    Pressure Kleen L.L.C.
    Power Washing Service
    Tar-Heel N.C. 28392
    Guy Blackmon 910-876-1594

House Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Pressure Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Power Washing Fayetteville N.C.

Hey Guy, did you give the gutter cleaning a try this season...in all honesty it has been a crappy December and beginning of January for it this year...we are still behind
    Jeff
    ABM Cleaning
    Greensboro, NC
    336-558-3052
    www.abmcleaning.net

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast