Thread: Box trucks blow!

Box trucks blow!

I have had the worst start to a year ever with equipment failures and contribute list to box truck storage. I have had a box truck now for going on the 4 years. I take out the machines for the winter and store them. I take care of my stuff above average. The contamination from bleach just kills everything . Condensation from temps changing kills everything. Plastic fittings get killed from temp shifts ( found cracks in ball valves).

What at a frustrating start. Flat beds or back to trailers.

Wow, just the opposite for me. How do you wash if you take the machines out in the winter? I use inverters and fans to care air moving when we are washing and leave the vents open at night and the lids secured on the bleach drums. I don't know where you work. Maybe up North where it gets really cold.
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

This winter was brutal on gear. Two trucks with hose lines that were not properly blown out. Every length burst.

Jim, don't complain too much. Equipment is an easy fix. It could be raining every day.

Install venting that can be closed up in the winter. The fresh air in season does wonders... I don't think I could work out of anything but a box truck at this point....
    North Jersey Softwashing
    Westwood, New Jersey
    201-383-0452
    email: NJSOFTWASHING@OPTONLINE.NET
    www.northjerseysoftwashing.com

I have a Box truck and like it. Everything is in there and my tools are always dry. My truck has a ramp that I pull out at the Job Site that makes it easy to get in and out.
    Power Washing and Soft-Wash Roof Cleaning Suffolk County New York
    http://www.SoftWashLI.com
    http://www.longislandroofwashers.com

Just whining out loud .Never started a year so bad with breakages and failures .

Super Helper Member
    6 box trucks winterized all up end of season last year with no casualties so far this spring (knock on wood). Just a rough start for ya Jimbo!

That sucks. We have both box trucks and flatbeds. The flatbeds are great, but we do have a big shop so all trucks can go inside and that helps.
    Rolling Suds Inc.
    Brian Wendling
    Power washing in Pa.
    Roof Cleaning in Pa.
    http://Rollingsudsinc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rsuds View Post
    That sucks. We have both box trucks and flatbeds. The flatbeds are great, but we do have a big shop so all trucks can go inside and that helps.
    Not to hijack, how are those nozzle working out for you and your guys Brian??

Jim, it will be winter again before we know it and these problems will be a distant memory, keep the faith, its early season get the bugs out time....
    North Jersey Softwashing
    Westwood, New Jersey
    201-383-0452
    email: NJSOFTWASHING@OPTONLINE.NET
    www.northjerseysoftwashing.com