Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Busted hose help

Squirt

Question Busted hose help

Hello fellow cleaning peeps. I have an issue with my 3/8" yellow pressure washing hose blowing out at the crimped fitting that's connected to the hose reel. I'm running 2 100' hoses from northern tool (I was new once) on a Cox 1125 reel. If I unreel only the amount of hose I need for the job and I leave some of the hose on the reel it will blow out every time. This has happened twice and luckily northern tool has exchanged it both times. What I'm doing now is, if I only need 100' for the job I disconnect that section and bypass the reel. It's a real pain in the ^$$. What am I doing wrong & How is everyone else doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Simplehousewash View Post
    Hello fellow cleaning peeps. I have an issue with my 3/8" yellow pressure washing hose blowing out at the crimped fitting that's connected to the hose reel. I'm running 2 100' hoses from northern tool (I was new once) on a Cox 1125 reel. If I unreel only the amount of hose I need for the job and I leave some of the hose on the reel it will blow out every time. This has happened twice and luckily northern tool has exchanged it both times. What I'm doing now is, if I only need 100' for the job I disconnect that section and bypass the reel. It's a real pain in the ^$$. What am I doing wrong & How is everyone else doing it?
    Select and use any hose from this page.

http://pressuretek.com/hiprho.html

Report back.
    Hagerstown Pressure Washing contractors
    Full Color Contractor Yard Signs

Tim Fields
    Complete Power Wash
    sign2day.com
    Hagerstown, MD

Bite the bullet! It will not be pretty if the end connected to your lance decides to blow.
    Matt Goin
    President
    Grass Butler Lawn Maintenance
    Wash Butler Pressure Washing
    www.grassbutler.com
    www.washbutler.com

Quote Originally Posted by Simplehousewash View Post
    I'm running 2 100' hoses from northern tool
    .... What am I doing wrong & How is everyone else doing it?
    Using pro grade gear. I have never had that issue with thousands of feet of hose over the last 12 years. We only pull off what we need from the reel so it's definitely the Northern Tool junk.

Quote Originally Posted by pressurepros View Post
    Using pro grade gear. I have never had that issue with thousands of feet of hose over the last 12 years. We only pull off what we need from the reel so it's definitely the Northern Tool junk.
    Better yet.... Order proper hose. have northern replace both section of the yellow hose. Sell them on CL for 50-75% of what you paid since they are brand new. let it be someone else's issue who wants cheap hose.
    Matt Goin
    President
    Grass Butler Lawn Maintenance
    Wash Butler Pressure Washing
    www.grassbutler.com
    www.washbutler.com

We blow hoses weekly. We have our own hose crimper in the shop. my guys just cut and replace with new end.
    Innovative Pressure Cleaning
    Cream Ridge NJ 08514
    innovativewash@aol.com
    609-738-3100

Quote Originally Posted by GrassButler View Post
    Better yet.... Order proper hose.
    I thought that was what I said.

Ken, you said it with a Northern accent and it was hard to understand.
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

I usually play my voice through an encoder set to 75% speed when I call my southern friends.

Prestige Member
    Sounds like your unloader is spiking way to high.What psi etc.Might wanna check over that stuff because if it keeps happening there is a problem somewhere other than the hose.
    Hal Brown
    Sophia Nc 27350
    www.AbvPressureWashing.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast