Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving forward

Moving forward

Are you spending more time and money to keep moving forward or are you happy.
    Rolling Suds Inc.
    Brian Wendling
    Power washing in Pa.
    Roof Cleaning in Pa.
    http://Rollingsudsinc.com

I am doing both moving forward by dropping more residential and making the commercial more profitable.
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

Prestige Member
    Quote Originally Posted by offdutyfireman View Post
    I am doing both moving forward by dropping more residential and making the commercial more profitable.
    I think Ken just fell over from shock

I am moving forward because I see it as the only place to go

"never become complacent in your professional setting"

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    I think Ken just fell over from shock

I am moving forward because I see it as the only place to go
    Actually, it makes my heart sing. That's what he is good at and equipped for. The resi game has to be played in the right area by the right business owner. Even a good salesman like DJ can have a hard time making residential work profitable if he is in a podunk area. William is systemized for travel and large scale work. Raising prices a bit will put him in the early retirement zone.

For me, this game is getting tiresome. Too much of me involved in PressurePros, Inc. I am selling to Brian in five years so he can dominate Eastern PA and moving to an island off the grid. Maybe a little sunglass hut or beach bar in French Polynesia. At least that's how I envision the dream. I haven't told the wife yet.

Moving forward

Quote Originally Posted by Rsuds View Post
    Are you spending more time and money to keep moving forward or are you happy.
    Depends on the ROI of time and money spent on moving forward. Moving forward can mean different things to different business owners.

Whether moving forward or happy where you're at.....you can't be stagnant.
    Last edited by Guy B; 09-04-2014 at 05:10 PM. Reason: speeeling
    Pressure Kleen L.L.C.
    Power Washing Service
    Tar-Heel N.C. 28392
    Guy Blackmon 910-876-1594

House Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Pressure Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Power Washing Fayetteville N.C.

Prestige Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pressurepros View Post
    Actually, it makes my heart sing. That's what he is good at and equipped for. The resi game has to be played in the right area by the right business owner. Even a good salesman like DJ can have a hard time making residential work profitable if he is in a podunk area. William is systemized for travel and large scale work. Raising prices a bit will put him in the early retirement zone.

For me, this game is getting tiresome. Too much of me involved in PressurePros, Inc. I am selling to Brian in five years so he can dominate Eastern PA and moving to an island off the grid. Maybe a little sunglass hut or beach bar in French Polynesia. At least that's how I envision the dream. I haven't told the wife yet.
    I plan on selling to Brian so he can dominate the South Jersey area, retirement is starting to look good for me. I'll send you smoke signals from my off the grid property so we can keep in touch

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    I plan on selling to Brian so he can dominate the South Jersey area, retirement is starting to look good for me. I'll send you smoke signals from my off the grid property so we can keep in touch
    Works for me, brutha.

Jim wouldn't you have to dominate south jersey first before Brian could? Just kidding don't get bent on me.
    Diamond Roof Cleaning and Powerwashing
    320 E Collings Dr
    Williamstown NJ 08094
    Owner-Michael DeRose Sr.
    www.diamondroofcleaning.com

What does stagnant mean?It may mean something different for different people.Does it mean you're business isn't growing,or you aren't out there beating the bushes to bring in more work?

I like to use content instead,I do very well with an advertising budget under $500 a year,and that is website and a few tshirts and giveaways a year.I don't want to get any bigger than I am.Does that make me stagnant or mean I'm not moving forward?

Happiness means different things to different people also,and AGE is a big factor in that.When I first started troling around these boards some of these guys wanted to rule the washing world.Now they want o make a good living and retire to a grass hut with an umbrella drink.

It's amazing what birthday cake does to people.The more time you blow out the candles and eat it the more your goals change.

So I'm not moving forward but I'm pretty happy with my business.
    J.C. Galmiche
    Cajun Cleanin' Powerwashing
    Daphne, Al.
    251-510-9508
    cajuncleanin@mchsi.com
    www.cajuncleanin.com
    Pressure washing Daphne,Fairhope,Alabama.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast