Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to put a lot of money into marketing

Where to put a lot of money into marketing

If you had a budget of 100,000 for marketing your business next year were would you put it?
    Rolling Suds Inc.
    Brian Wendling
    Power washing in Pa.
    Roof Cleaning in Pa.
    http://Rollingsudsinc.com

Prestige Member
    I wouldn't spend that much on marketing. Honestly don't think I would need to in order to obtain the growth I wanted.
    Theres a lot of better things I could do with 100k though.
    Chad Johnson
    East Tennessee Power Washing
    Knoxville, Tn.
    865-368-0847
    www.easttnpowerwashing.com

Buy a 20 unit apt complex instead or start washing trucks or go industrial . You have maxed out on residential . Buy tom at ACR out . Starts Suds Brewery " drink till you content " .

I'm with Chad - I can find more profitable places to invest 100g for a lot stronger ROI than into a power washing business. I just checked my quick books I've spent $84k in marketing and sales since 2010.... the majority of the is in M&E lol

So investing in your business to help grow and get more customers is not a good investment?
    If you have a stablished business and want to grow it I think the percentage we make is better than most investments. It may not be the safest. But being in business can be a gamble.
    Rolling Suds Inc.
    Brian Wendling
    Power washing in Pa.
    Roof Cleaning in Pa.
    http://Rollingsudsinc.com

Make sure your infrastructure is in place. You can dump $100K in advertising and not be able to handle the work. Maybe consider hiring a sales guy or two to start chasing commercial work? Two guys hitting/cold calling 20 accounts per day will help you grow quickly.

If I had to spend $$$ for resi advertising:
    $13K into website and ongoing SEO
    $7K Angie's List top ranking
    $60K multi mailing EDDM campaign to 50,000 targeted homes
    $8K for door-to-door canvassing and/or door hanger distribution
    $12K for TV ads and other media

Think about the true costs here, Bri. For a $100K investment with the necessary growth to go with it, you are going to need at least $500K in resi work. If you are averaging $400 per job, that's 1250 more jobs, and at least two thousand more bids you will have to do.. in give-or-take 33 weeks. That's a lot more headache for another $75K in your pocket. I think its worth it if that is where you want to go. You are right about one thing.. there is nowhere else you can stick $100k and get a $75K return.

Prestige Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pressurepros View Post
    You are right about one thing.. there is nowhere else you can stick $100k and get a $75K return.
    And that's what keeps us sucked in lol
    Chad Johnson
    East Tennessee Power Washing
    Knoxville, Tn.
    865-368-0847
    www.easttnpowerwashing.com

And the bad part is ---- you need that 100k again next year to do the same thing.

No thanks .... I'm taking my 100k and putting as 20% down on an established apartments community.

12 units bringing in $800+ per month is $115,200 per year .... you hire a 3rd part mgmt company to fee manage it at 10% off the top then take an industry standard 15% cap rate and you are looking at $15k a year and your spending maybe 40 hours a year on it. The power washing biz would be substantially more.

Now that's my kind of ROI!

In

For 100K I would buy some real estate. Some rental properties would give you some nice supplemental income.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Carroll View Post
    And the bad part is ---- you need that 100k again next year to do the same thing.

No thanks .... I'm taking my 100k and putting as 20% down on an established apartments community.

12 units bringing in $800+ per month is $115,200 per year .... you hire a 3rd part mgmt company to fee manage it at 10% off the top then take an industry standard 15% cap rate and you are looking at $15k a year and your spending maybe 40 hours a year on it. The power washing biz would be substantially more.

Now that's my kind of ROI!

In
    DJ Carroll, as to real estate you have absolutely No Idea what you're talking about - Zip, Zero, Nada. Dude, do every guy on this board a Big Huge Favor! Stick a Cork in IT!
    Ted
    Rapid HotClean
    http://rapidhotclean.com/
    http://portland.pressurewashing.net/
    Call or Text 503-709-3594

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast