Thread: If you are not around?

If you are not around?

If something happened to you and you died what would happen to your business?
    Rolling Suds Inc.
    Brian Wendling
    Power washing in Pa.
    Roof Cleaning in Pa.
    http://Rollingsudsinc.com

Do your family a favor,take care of all of that stuff now.My dad passed away this passed May.He owned his own upholstery business for 44 years.Trust me when I say it has been a nightmare,plus having to deal with his wife which isn't my mother.
    Douse A House Low Pressure Cleaning
    Fayetteville NC
    910-308-5700
    www.douseahouse.com
    Tony Fisher

At this moment, it would tank. But I have been continually working on developing systems to avoid this, but it is taking longer than I expected, especially while going through some major growing pains lately. The goal is a self-functioning business that can benefit my family if something would happen to me.

I was thinking about this a few weeks ago. Mary and I have talked about it. And here's how I kinda look at it........I'll be dead, and worrying about the business will be the least of my problems.

I have no debt to speak of (Business or personal) so Mary & Cody can run it, or sell it.....I'll be dead so I'm not gonna care one way or the other.

Not being a smart A....just how I see it........No one will care as much about my business as I do.

Just Saying......
    Pressure Kleen L.L.C.
    Power Washing Service
    Tar-Heel N.C. 28392
    Guy Blackmon 910-876-1594

House Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Pressure Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Power Washing Fayetteville N.C.

My wife runs the company and I am in the process of training her in the pricing process.

My son already runs the field.

Take a week off and get back to work. They'll be fine.

Or they could sell everything that is CPW related for what, 6-8 thousand dollars, and go to work somewhere else.
    Hagerstown Pressure Washing contractors
    Full Color Contractor Yard Signs

Tim Fields
    Complete Power Wash
    sign2day.com
    Hagerstown, MD

Quote Originally Posted by Guy B View Post
    I was thinking about this a few weeks ago. Mary and I have talked about it. And here's how I kinda look at it........I'll be dead, and worrying about the business will be the least of my problems.

I have no debt to speak of (Business or personal) so Mary & Cody can run it, or sell it.....I'll be dead so I'm not gonna care one way or the other.

Not being a smart A....just how I see it........No one will care as much about my business as I do.

Just Saying......
    This is why after a lot of years I'm saying you should make plans. Not only set up systems so it can run it self but so your family is taking care of. My wife is getting tired of doing this and if I was to pass then she will not only get my life insurance but will also get a buy out insurance and my kids will own the business. All with out paying the tax on it.
    Rolling Suds Inc.
    Brian Wendling
    Power washing in Pa.
    Roof Cleaning in Pa.
    http://Rollingsudsinc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rsuds View Post
    This is why after a lot of years I'm saying you should make plans. Not only set up systems so it can run it self but so your family is taking care of. My wife is getting tired of doing this and if I was to pass then she will not only get my life insurance but will also get a buy out insurance and my kids will own the business. All with out paying the tax on it.
    I mean I understand where you're coming from Brian, and I agree....that will work in your demographic, your area, your customer volume, your revenue, your net, your gross.......Not everyone pulls in your numbers Brother. You have the ability to do things that most cannot.

Not many have 100k to spend in marketing......You're a Blessed Man & have worked hard to get where you're at.....very few get to that point, please remember that when handing out words of wisdom. And I mean no disrespect in that statement.
    Pressure Kleen L.L.C.
    Power Washing Service
    Tar-Heel N.C. 28392
    Guy Blackmon 910-876-1594

House Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Pressure Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Power Washing Fayetteville N.C.

Prestige Member
    Yea Brian, just because you're better than us doesn't mean you have to rub it in lol

In a nutshell, if something happened to me my wife would sell the company with its assets and move on.
    One of the main reasons in looking to get out within the next 10 years.

Funny Brian you mentioned life insurance, my financial advisor asked me about it a week ago.
    Chad Johnson
    East Tennessee Power Washing
    Knoxville, Tn.
    865-368-0847
    www.easttnpowerwashing.com