1 full-time employee and 2 occasional part-timers
    1 main service truck and a backup
    Revenue mostly from residential (80%)
    Working full-time as a teacher besides running the business

In 5 years...
    4-6 full-time employees
    3 service trucks on the road
    50-60% of revenue from commercial monthly accounts
    Have this business well-oiled with systems and able to run without me if needed
    Buy a business that has a more passive income and not as much hands on.
    Retired from teaching.
    Good one Jason. Hope it all work out for you.
    Rolling Suds Inc.
    Brian Wendling
    Power washing in Pa.
    Roof Cleaning in Pa.
    http://Rollingsudsinc.com

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Carroll View Post
    Content? What's that mean?
    the true meaning of life, for some who dare go their. IMO

But to be more on topic this was my answer 4 months ago and still holds
    Yeap their is no right or wrong answer here is my thoughts for now, they could change LOL

a pool of three to five well trained great part timers to choose from, me working 4 light days a week in the field with two trucks going and 2-3 guys during the season, this is just for power washing. Highly profitable work, small, efficient and profitable. 6 months a year actual work days. 10 years and Im done.

I've debated on whether or not to post in this thread. But what the heck...here goes.

I plan on being the E.L. Bruce of exterior cleaning.
    E.L. Bruce started what is now known as Terminix in 1927. I'm sure that he didn't imagine that 45 states and 14 countries would have trucks driving around with his business name on it.

I plan to expand as I can, staying debt free as long as I can, while providing a valuable service at affordable pricing. As of now, I am stepping out of the service end of the business. I have trained my lead foreman to do everything I know how to do. He will be running the service end starting in February. By the end of the coming season, we should have 3 full time guys and 4 seasonal laborers.

By 2018 we should have second location to cover the Lynchburg area. Then by 2020, a Charlottesville office. Our goal is to have offices in Virginia, North Carolina, D.C., Maryland and West Virginia by 2025.

I want Wetwork Powerwashing to become a household name in the U.S. for professional exterior cleaning.

If I make it big enough to sell to a corporation like ServiceMaster someday....I will.

My wife and kids would faint dead away if we went on vacation with reservations made in advance. We put the tents in the back of the van and use the magic quarter to flip for which way we ate going to go. We have ended up in Maine once and Texas once because of that coin.

Honestly, I believe everyone should have a vision laid out in grand detail.
    You wouldn't leave your house for vacation, with out knowing where you are going or making reservations in advance would you?
    ... Same principals apply.[/QUOTE]
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

Prestige Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Carroll View Post

Honestly, I believe everyone should have a vision laid out in grand detail.
    You wouldn't leave your house for vacation, with out knowing where you are going or making reservations in advance would you?
    ... Same principals apply.
    If you have never done that for a vacation than you dont know what you're missing. On the other hand, some people view life as a destination, not a journey

Prestige Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsuds View Post
    Ok, now we are getting somewhere.
    Whats your vision?

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    If you have never done that for a vacation than you dont know what you're missing. On the other hand, some people view life as a destination, not a journey
    I prefer to vacation in the Caribbean not in a tent. For that - you need reservations.

Quote Originally Posted by dave mac View Post
    the true meaning of life, for some who dare go their. IMO
    Between our business and property assets and what we have saved/invested plus my wife's trust she fully inherited last year, we could probably quit the rat race and live well (not large) for the rest of our lives. I am not ready for that just yet but my vision is more aimed at Dave's train of thought.

I want to volunteer more.
    I want to help those in need more.
    I want to stop chasing my tail accumulating "things".
    I don't want to worry about money or where my next dollar is coming from.
    I want to rid my life of envy, anger and judging others.
    I want to be a better husband and father.
    I want to travel and explore exotic location photography.
    I want to write a novel or two.
    I see myself not living in the northeast much longer. (the further off the grid, the better)

So, I probably am not answering Brian's question at all from a business standpoint. In short, that end of my life (biz) I want to start winding down and work more on the spiritual and creative sides. I used to imagine billionaire status but then met a couple and realized that, one.. I am not that motivated. Those people never stop. Two, I am not willing to sacrifice everything else in life to get there. Three, and this is a tough one, I am not that talented. So why make myself crazy running the hamster wheel? I still love business and will probably never fully retire. It's just been over the last couple of years that I have started looking at things from a different perspective.

Well said Ken. Those that chase money just to accumulate it are generally the unhappiest.
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

Great response Ken

Money does make me happy.

I am 47 and I am getting to the same point about living my life and trying to be positive about everything. I do want more things and truly believe I or we can make them possible. I do not agree with the I am not talented enough quote. But I do agree with the I do not want to sacrifice everything and never stop quote. I always said that I am not very smart, just a hard worker that wants a lot and will learn what it takes to get it.

I have 2 boys that are in college and they just turned 22 and 19. They are both deans list and so much smarter than me. Brian jr. Is very involved in our business and may take it over. He is a double major in college in business and finance. He has been power washing since he was 12 and now knows how to do it all.

Let my wife volunteer and get out of Rolling suds. She is a better person than me and needs to move on. She will always support me and never be out of Rolling suds.

I will be a great golfer and golf over 100 rounds a year. Compete with my boys into my 60's. They are better than me but I will not tell them that.
    If my boys take business I want it to keep growing and for them to be successful.
    I would like to travel.
    Have houses in different climates
    I always like to have a nice car or 3
    Hire more sales people. Sales are everything
    Hire more people that want to grow and work hard. They will work on percentage
    I will make employees better and have them want more
    Have a full time mechanic
    Have office manager to run business
    Keep selling and buying real estate.
    Buy a building large enough for Rolling suds and new business ventures
    Have new management run business in 3 years
    Keep getting more sales people. Sales are everything.
    Systemize everything
    Enjoy life and be positive
    Help other businesses grow
    Being a good person to others
    I can keep going on.
    Rolling Suds Inc.
    Brian Wendling
    Power washing in Pa.
    Roof Cleaning in Pa.
    http://Rollingsudsinc.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast