Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I NEED Your Input!

Funny, I knew you would answer. When I say cheaper I mean to do it better and faster that way you can be cheaper. We did a jobs last year that were 5,000-6,000 with 2-3 guys in 1 day and made a great profit. Another company would have charged 8,000 for a whole week. Went to a hotel that was a 5 stories high and could not get a lift in areas we worked it out and did it in 2 days when they said other guys said they could not do it.

Find a way to do it better, cheaper, faster.
    Rolling Suds Inc.
    Brian Wendling
    Power washing in Pa.
    Roof Cleaning in Pa.
    http://Rollingsudsinc.com

Better cheaper faster is the way to build a business and keep a business.
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

Prestige Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsuds View Post
    Funny, I knew you would answer. When I say cheaper I mean to do it better and faster that way you can be cheaper. We did a jobs last year that were 5,000-6,000 with 2-3 guys in 1 day and made a great profit. Another company would have charged 8,000 for a whole week. Went to a hotel that was a 5 stories high and could not get a lift in areas we worked it out and did it in 2 days when they said other guys said they could not do it.

you left money on the table when doing the one day job

With the 5 story hotel, most companies cant afford the insurance bump for a project that large, don't have the experience or knowledge to handle it and/or don't want the headaches. I turn down a few of those each year

Quote Originally Posted by Rsuds View Post

OK....now that part I can get behind & agree with....
    Pressure Kleen L.L.C.
    Power Washing Service
    Tar-Heel N.C. 28392
    Guy Blackmon 910-876-1594

House Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Pressure Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Power Washing Fayetteville N.C.

[QUOTE=JC;202197]you left money on the table when doing the one day job

With the 5 story hotel, most companies cant afford the insurance bump for a project that large, don't have the experience or knowledge to handle it and/or don't want the headaches. I turn down a few of those each year[/

Not because they do not want the headaches it is because it takes hard work to figure it out and move forward. So many jobs we did over the years that I had no idea how to do but sold them and then figured out how to do it. If we made a mistake then I learned from it and asked more questions to do it better next time.
    Rolling Suds Inc.
    Brian Wendling
    Power washing in Pa.
    Roof Cleaning in Pa.

Quote Originally Posted by offdutyfireman View Post
    Better cheaper faster is the way to build a business and keep a business.
    Who is this??
    Rolling Suds Inc.
    Brian Wendling
    Power washing in Pa.
    Roof Cleaning in Pa.

Heck, that's what I have been saying since 1998. Be efficient and low enough to make a profit but put the competition out of business. Margins can be lower if you don't get sucked into all that advertising and sales mumbo jumbo. Work hard, be smart.
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

If low price was king, the biggest service companies would be the cheapest. They are not. The biggest companies that makes the most profit are usually very expensive even though they have the skill, experience and buying power to make them better. cheaper and faster. What sets them apart from a company that chases its proverbial tail is selling and marketing. As business owners we all try to find the right balance between volume and margin to keep our machines rolling. There is no one set of paradigms that makes a company successful or works for every company.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12