Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61

Thread: Million dollar idea

  1. #21
    I just want to do about 10 hair cuts a day at $10 a pop. That would leave time for watching westerns while I dozed in the chair until a customer walked in. If that did not work I think a little foam pad with a magnet backing could be sold for a dollar each. Pop it under your hood for those daily oil checks when you don't have a rag and have to use your pants. My wife hates that
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    For the record, I am against pot use and legalization for multiple reasons and would never support a company, business or state that promotes its use. I have no doubt there is a ton of money to be made in the industry but not at the expense of this once great Country.

    I'm pretty sure Ken was kidding in his statement and I'm more sure DJ cant see past the $$ signs and will do anything to make a buck, regardless of the consequences - DJ, I hope you reconsider
    Nope, I wasn't kidding. I abhor the use of alcohol, pot, prescription drugs, etc. Cigarettes and tobacco are right up there. I've indulged in all the above and choose not to live that way. What I do respect is anyone else' right to do as they please with their body. So within the framework of the law, I would provide a subsidiary service (let's say security personnel). No moral dilemma there or even a second thought. I was in the beer distributor business growing up. Cigarettes, beer and lottery. If people are stupid enough to spend their money on that stuff, I have no problem making money providing it. What about making people fat? Morally, I could never own a fast food franchise. If i went back to work in sales, i could never work for a pharmaceutical company. It becomes very cloudy when you put your own morals, pocketbook or desires into the framework of a business.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by pressurepros View Post
    Nope, I wasn't kidding. I abhor the use of alcohol, pot, prescription drugs, etc. Cigarettes and tobacco are right up there. I've indulged in all the above and choose not to live that way. What I do respect is anyone else' right to do as they please with their body. So within the framework of the law, I would provide a subsidiary service (let's say security personnel). No moral dilemma there or even a second thought. I was in the beer distributor business growing up. Cigarettes, beer and lottery. If people are stupid enough to spend their money on that stuff, I have no problem making money providing it. What about making people fat? Morally, I could never own a fast food franchise. If i went back to work in sales, i could never work for a pharmaceutical company. It becomes very cloudy when you put your own morals, pocketbook or desires into the framework of a business.
    I agree with that at face value,..what sucks though is the effects it may have on a persons family,..with alcohol the effect can be immediate, (I.E. Mean Drunk) or "drunken" and driving, which can potentially ruin many lives. With other "drugs",..the issues can be prolonged and come out over time. Many can function in society as a user,..many cannot,..they are the abusers,..and those that cannot usually burden someone close to them.,.in the form of temperament, financially or simply having your family and friends see you go down hill and ruin your life, which in effect can damage your own life to a degree.

    So yes,..while I agree that we can do as we please with our personal well being,..would be nice if the people in our lives were taken into consideration.

    To sum it up, drunks and druggies are selfish.

    Jeff
    Last edited by Raystown Roof Cleaning; 02-11-2015 at 05:34 AM.
    Jeff Wible
    Raystown Roof Cleaning
    Serving Central Pa Since 1996
    T.V Commercial

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Raystown Roof Cleaning View Post
    I agree with that at face value,..what sucks though is the effects it may have on a persons family,..with alcohol the effect can be immediate, (I.E. Mean Drunk) or "drunken" and driving, which can potentially ruin many lives. With other "drugs",..the issues can be prolonged and come out over time. Many can function in society as a user,..many cannot,..they are the abusers,..and those that cannot usually burden someone close to them.,.in the form of temperament, financially or simply having your family and friends see you go down hill and ruin your life, which in effect can damage your own life to a degree.

    So yes,..while I agree that we can do as we please with our personal well being,..would be nice if the people in our lives were taken into consideration.

    To sum it up, drunks and druggies are selfish.

    Jeff
    Jeff, I absolutely agree with that. With that being said, I am one of those selfish, druggy drunks. Many moons sober now but had to rebuild my life from the turmoil and chaos that surrounds that lifestyle which included a divorce, bankruptcy and homelessness as well as the effects on my two kids. There's a weak chink in the armor of an addict whether it be genetic or some perfect storm of genetics and life experiences. That is not an excuse but the reality that no one is without their closet skeletons and everyone has their usually negative way they deal with them. I will say though, the addicts I have met that have found sobriety through a greater power are usually the smartest, sharpest, kindest people I have met with a true understanding of inner peace. Most people never get to experience that balance so I am grateful for my experiences, as shitty as they were at the time for at least putting me on the path of becoming closer to God (just my belief, some call it spirituality). Long long way to go to becoming Ghandi, but doing my best.

    Jeff, I was also against the legalization of marijuana because I believe it to be a gateway to other drugs.. but then again, so is smoking cigarettes. For the right people, even the buzz of the first cigarette they try sets their brain on a path of seeking brain chemistry alteration. I'm actually now strongly in favor of legalization for two reasons. One is that, stated simply, there are no bodies. You can't overdose on it. Most people, even if they use it as kids regularly, move on from it. The second reason is the war on drugs is a ridiculous and ineffective waste of tax dollars. I'd like to see at least some of those dollars saved and the additional revenue earned put back into social programs to help educate young people on addiction and help those that fall victim to the personified evil that addiction is. (the liberal side of me, I guess) For me, personal liberty trumps all else. So though I may get angry or tear up when I see someone destroying their life with alcohol, killing themselves by eating processed foods and sugar or making decisions that I know will not turn out well, those people have to experience the negative repercussions themselves to learn. No one learns from happy, positive experience. It is the negative events that teach via experience. You have to just go through it to become better.

    I am way off track, here. Sorry about the diatribe. I just wanted to give you my perspective as a whole as I put together scenarios that satisfy that evil capitalist in me. :-) There is business opportunity in weed. Now, I just have to figure out how to get it without selling my soul.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by pressurepros View Post
    Nope, I wasn't kidding. I abhor the use of alcohol, pot, prescription drugs, etc. Cigarettes and tobacco are right up there. I've indulged in all the above and choose not to live that way. What I do respect is anyone else' right to do as they please with their body. So within the framework of the law, I would provide a subsidiary service (let's say security personnel). No moral dilemma there or even a second thought. I was in the beer distributor business growing up. Cigarettes, beer and lottery. If people are stupid enough to spend their money on that stuff, I have no problem making money providing it. What about making people fat? Morally, I could never own a fast food franchise. If i went back to work in sales, i could never work for a pharmaceutical company. It becomes very cloudy when you put your own morals, pocketbook or desires into the framework of a business.
    This is said in jest but morally you could not own a fast food franchise, but an ice cream franchise... well that's completely different ha ha.

    I agree with much of what is said here. The war on drugs is a bottomless pit of spending. Legalization allows control, taxation, and revenue rather then endless cost fighting it. When something is illegal it stimulates violent crime in the industry legalization would lover violent crime in that arena. I also see it as a gateway but believe in person choice. I do not partake in the use of these substances but if others want to that is their choice.
    Jeff Smith
    Sparkle Works Power Washing LLC
    1146Highmoor ln
    Evans, GA 30809
    (706) 200-8383
    I am the owner of the best pressure washing company in Augusta GA.
    Our amazing pressure washing facebook page.
    The first choice for Pressure Washing in Augusta GA.
    http://www.augustapressurewashing.com
    Power Washing Augusta GA Yelp

  6. #26
    Prestige Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    6,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy B View Post
    Yep, it was before cotton.........N.C. was the Countries largest producer in the 1700 & early 1800's.
    I knew it used to be popular for rope making and clothing but did'nt know it was still in use today, especially with all the modern and superior materials available.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by socalkol View Post
    This is said in jest but morally you could not own a fast food franchise, but an ice cream franchise... well that's completely different ha ha.

    .
    Jeff, that was the point! Where do you draw the line of imposing morality or making choices for people? My dream is to own a McDonald's or two. Even one good one can put $350k/yr in your pocket and they run themselves.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by pressurepros View Post
    Jeff, that was the point! Where do you draw the line of imposing morality or making choices for people? My dream is to own a McDonald's or two. Even one good one can put $350k/yr in your pocket and they run themselves.
    They require about a mil liquid just to consider you for ownership dont they?
    Jeff Smith
    Sparkle Works Power Washing LLC
    1146Highmoor ln
    Evans, GA 30809
    (706) 200-8383
    I am the owner of the best pressure washing company in Augusta GA.
    Our amazing pressure washing facebook page.
    The first choice for Pressure Washing in Augusta GA.
    http://www.augustapressurewashing.com
    Power Washing Augusta GA Yelp

  9. #29
    Prestige Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    6,110
    Quote Originally Posted by pressurepros View Post
    Nope, I wasn't kidding. I abhor the use of alcohol, pot, prescription drugs, etc. Cigarettes and tobacco are right up there. I've indulged in all the above and choose not to live that way. What I do respect is anyone else' right to do as they please with their body. So within the framework of the law, I would provide a subsidiary service (let's say security personnel). No moral dilemma there or even a second thought. I was in the beer distributor business growing up. Cigarettes, beer and lottery. If people are stupid enough to spend their money on that stuff, I have no problem making money providing it. What about making people fat? Morally, I could never own a fast food franchise. If i went back to work in sales, i could never work for a pharmaceutical company. It becomes very cloudy when you put your own morals, pocketbook or desires into the framework of a business.
    So you do have a moral objection to selling fast food to someone who, in the long term, is only hurting themselves. But selling dope or support services to people who are hurting themselves, their families, friends, people they steal from, people they hurt while under the influence (physically, emotionally and financially), this is morally ok with you?

    Just about everyone I know has been, at one time or another, assaulted by someone under the influence of drugs (drugs, alcohol or both) but I have yet to meet someone who has been assaulted but a fat guy trying to get money for his next fast food binge.

    I was hit in a parking lot on new years eve, a month ago, by a guy higher than a kite, no ins., no registration and no drivers license. Guess who has to pick up that tab, ME! What happens to him, maybe a fine or two which he cant or wont pay and he goes back to his lowlife scummy life as if nothing even happened.

    I was talking with a customer about this subject and she mentioned that they should legalize pot in Atlantic City. I said - Everyone is already high and they have a very high concentration of gangs and criminal activity, legalization would not change anything. The pot shops would sell to the tourists out of the front door and to the criminals out of the back door while the mob/gangs would be collecting "tax" right along side the state tax man. The general public would never see a penny of the tax money and nothing would change in AC.

  10. #30
    It has been outlawed by the feds for years. My congressman Thomas Massie and our Ag Commisioner James Comer are working to get it legalized....

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5414458.html

    http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...hemp/22158367/

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •