Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is to slow for April

It is to slow for April

Is everyone else in the north east saying the same thing?
    Why is my phone not ringing for April.
    I know that it is mostly because the weather has been so bad and people have not been out to look at the outside of there house. I hope that is the main reason.
    Could it also be that on every corner I see a sign from another soft washing guy.
    Rolling Suds Inc.
    Brian Wendling
    Power washing in Pa.
    Roof Cleaning in Pa.
    http://Rollingsudsinc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rsuds View Post
    Could it also be that on every corner I see a sign from another soft washing guy.
    There you go. I am starting to see trailers everywhere. I am advertising heavy and this year is still starting off very slow. About 80% of the estimates I run, they tell me that they got 3-4 other bids. I know my prices are right in line with the other two "big guys" here, yet I am losing to price on about 1 out of every 4. Personally, I think the forums are hurting the industry rather than helping it.

I just spent the last hour writing a follow up to my last comment. I decided to delete it because I didn't want to put a black eye on Bob's forum. I appreciate this forum and I was going into detail about what I see wrong on other forums. To be clear, I don't see this forum as the problem. The guys here are pretty genuine. They help other contractors, but tell the hacks to kick rocks...for the most part.
    Bob is a great guy. Always there to help but not afraid to tell someone to use the search feature. I don't think he is screwing the newbies over for his own gain like a lot of people in this industry seem to be doing.
    This is why this is the only forum I regularly post in.

I am pretty disgruntled about what goes on in this industry. I'm so sick of people spoon feeding answers and trade "secrets" to people who are part timers and hacks, who start off by saying things like.."I've got these jobs lined up and I need to buy equipment...my budget is 700 bucks.

Anyhow...before I get "black listed", I'm going to stop running my mouth. I think I'm done with forums. I can't seem to stop checking them every day though. Weird.

I am up over last year in terms of calls and I'm closing just about everything. Yesterday was a monster for me (for this early in season).. 28 calls for service. I hope it keeps up.

Washing is trickling in. Wood work I'm starting to get too much already and all difficult strips which can't be started. I quoted a roof last year and can't believe how much worse it was from last year . I mean wow worse!

We're booked solid for the next 3 weeks(alot of commercial) and we have jobs scattered into June(Commercial). Hopefully the Residential calls come in on a more regular bases soon so we can fill the date gaps & I can float the commercial a little easier until those payments come in.
    John Tornabene
    Clean County Powerwashing
    www.cleancounty.com
    PWNA/PWRA member

For us the weather is the main factor in getting calls. April 1st was the first day the temperature was over 50 since December 27th. So the phone hasn't been ringing. Three years ago we had a warm winter and had been washing houses for a month at this time. We were booked out through early May. Hopefully we get some warm sunny days soon.
    Clark Hussey
    AP Surface Solutions LLC
    518-396-0972
    Non-pressure Roof Cleaning Albany NY
    Non-pressure House Washing Albany NY

Prestige Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pressurepros View Post
    I am up over last year in terms of calls and I'm closing just about everything. Yesterday was a monster for me (for this early in season).. 28 calls for service. I hope it keeps up.
    Me too, I'm booked for two months (commercial and resi) and waiting on the weather to clear up to get started, which looks like Friday, maybe.

Just walked in from my 15th day in a row of working, 10-12 hours. Today I caught a break and only did 6. I'm not in the Northeast so I guess that don't count.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast