Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roof Cleaning Chemical Test ***vs***vs***

Roof Cleaning Chemical Test ***vs***vs***

I am going to be conducting a test on 2 roofs with 3/4 different soft washing chemicals. No brushing, always rinsing.
    I am going to be implementing bobs product, Roof Wash by Wash-Safe, and ?? and ??

If you would like to recommend me try something please let me know along with the recipe. I am possibly interested in trying the Apple Cider recipe as I have been reading quite a bit on it. Please let know!
    As soon as I have received all of the products and completed the test I will post photos!

The apple solution is the only solution you need for roof cleaning. Also you do not have to rinse to see results. Some guys do rinse but it's not necessary.
    Diamond Roof Cleaning and Powerwashing
    320 E Collings Dr
    Williamstown NJ 08094
    Owner-Michael DeRose Sr.
    www.diamondroofcleaning.com

Jaron, you seem a little resistant to input so take this for what its worth. Everyone here that's been in business awhile has done every test you can think of ad nauseum. I've tried all the snots, thickening agents etc. To me, no real difference. A 60/40-50/50 mix of 12% sodium hypochlorite and water does the job every time. Sodium percarbonate is a waste of time in a no rinse situation unless you want to spend hours re-applying the solution over and over again. Your best energy focus will be on learning technique.. how much chem to apply, preventing chem from drifting, proper wetting, how to prevent edges of shingles from being under-applied, controlling downspout runoff, etc. I'm saying this because guys get caught up in running these tests on chems, deck sealers, etc and your best research is going to be simply to ask what successful companies use day in and day out.

Like ken said 60/40 or 50/50 sh and water is all you need, spray it and its clean by time you roll all your stuff up
    Rick Warnack
    Crystal Clean Pressure Washing llc
    3071 Abbey St.
    St. Charles , Mo 63301
    314-243-0284
    www.CrystalCleanPressureWashingllc.com

Pressure Washing Saint Louis

Pressure Washing Saint Charles

Quote Originally Posted by pressurepros View Post
    Jaron, you seem a little resistant to input so take this for what its worth. Everyone here that's been in business awhile has done every test you can think of ad nauseum. I've tried all the snots, thickening agents etc. To me, no real difference. A 60/40-50/50 mix of 12% sodium hypochlorite and water does the job every time. Sodium percarbonate is a waste of time in a no rinse situation unless you want to spend hours re-applying the solution over and over again. Your best energy focus will be on learning technique.. how much chem to apply, preventing chem from drifting, proper wetting, how to prevent edges of shingles from being under-applied, controlling downspout runoff, etc. I'm saying this because guys get caught up in running these tests on chems, deck sealers, etc and your best research is going to be simply to ask what successful companies use day in and day out.
    Great post, but no soap at all? Wow. I can definitely tell a difference with the amount of soap I use on a steep roof.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    JOSH DAVIS
    JD Pressure Washing
    910-508-2433 Office
    910-805-8176 Cell
    We have a great pressure washing service in Ocala, FL!

I do add some soap in my mix
    Rick Warnack
    Crystal Clean Pressure Washing llc
    3071 Abbey St.
    St. Charles , Mo 63301
    314-243-0284
    www.CrystalCleanPressureWashingllc.com

Pressure Washing Saint Louis

Pressure Washing Saint Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_D View Post
    Great post, but no soap at all? Wow. I can definitely tell a difference with the amount of soap I use on a steep roof.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    I am usually a big advocate of surfactant use. In this case, I just determined its not worth the trouble. Harder to rinse overspray from plants, sudsy tanks, another chemical to stock and carry, etc. I'll revisit it at some point in the future.

Great post Ken!! We do mix in a soap with our roof mixed to get it to stick little better. Same goes with our house wash mix because this is what I found to work best for us.
    John Tornabene
    Clean County Powerwashing
    www.cleancounty.com
    PWNA/PWRA member

Squirt
    Next roof I do I am going to go without any surfactant/soap and see what happens. Don't know for sure until you try, thanks Ken.
    Jason Fisher
    Alpha Pressure Washing LLC
    Beaufort, South Carolina
    843-473-0004

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way your wife told you to.

You will most likely have more run off. Also you may use more mixed chemical then usual. We always add 16-20 ounces of our soap of choice. This allows us to spray two thin coats and one spot treatment very little runoff and less to worry about what comes down off the roof when it rains.
    Diamond Roof Cleaning and Powerwashing
    320 E Collings Dr
    Williamstown NJ 08094
    Owner-Michael DeRose Sr.
    www.diamondroofcleaning.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast