Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey Bob, F-13 question

Prestige Member
    how would downstreaming a strong mix be any different than xjetting it on?

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    how would downstreaming a strong mix be any different than xjetting it on?
    You mean in terms of overspray, Jim? DS'ing produces a tighter stream vs the original X-Jet.. less drifting "fog". I've never tried an M5 though. DS'ing is much less pressure also. Another advantage is not carrying around a bucket of chem but I could overlook that.

Ultimately, I'd love to reproduce the effect of a car wash's foaming brush but that would require the use of a compressor, foaming unit, more lines, etc. That's why I am leaning towards a cart with a 12V pump and chem fed pole.

Quote Originally Posted by pressurepros View Post
    You mean in terms of overspray, Jim? DS'ing produces a tighter stream vs the original X-Jet.. less drifting "fog". I've never tried an M5 though. DS'ing is much less pressure also. Another advantage is not carrying around a bucket of chem but I could overlook that.

Ultimately, I'd love to reproduce the effect of a car wash's foaming brush but that would require the use of a compressor, foaming unit, more lines, etc. That's why I am leaning towards a cart with a 12V pump and chem fed pole.
    Just quit offering the service that's what I am thinking of doing. Of course I actually do the labor so we might have different motives LOL

Prestige Member

instead of trying to change the process, just charge more for doing it

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    instead of trying to change the process, just charge more for doing it
    I could certainly do that but (and to also answer Dave's thought) the gutter upgrade package adds approx 30% to my base plan price while the additional material/labor to upsell it only increases by 7%. That additional margin almost entirely covers my labor burden on the entire job. Upselling is crucial to increase margins so there is no way I would eliminate it. I don't want to raise overall prices. In fact, I want to lower them by 5%-10% and actually increase margin through efficiency while growing customer count through better value pricing.

I could certainly do that but (and to also answer Dave's thought) the gutter upgrade package adds approx 30% to my base plan price while the additional material/labor to upsell it only increases by 7%. That additional margin almost entirely covers my labor burden on the entire job. Upselling is crucial to increase margins so there is no way I would eliminate it. I don't want to raise overall prices. In fact, I want to lower them by 5%-10% and actually increase margin through efficiency while growing customer count through better value pricing.
    Ken, yet another reason you are 100x the businessman I will ever be. I do have a 12volt pump rigged up in a carry cart that can shoot a nice tight stream probably 30 ft, with those new lipo batteries a 12 volt system for this could be very light.

Quote Originally Posted by dave mac View Post
    Ken, yet another reason you are 100x the businessman I will ever be. I do have a 12volt pump rigged up in a carry cart that can shoot a nice tight stream probably 30 ft, with those new lipo batteries a 12 volt system for this could be very light.
    Dave, if you'd be willing to share, I'd like to see the design of the cart. They make LiPo batteries with enough amperage to run a pump? Would a 1 gpm pump have the oomph to feed a line and keep it primed at 20+ feet?

Squirt
    I think Shane has a setup he made for doing wood cleaning and staining that was battery operated. I remember seeing pics of the setup here on this forum. He also had a homemade wand that was a little longer than a typical pump up sprayer wand too. If you could find a cheap or used airless paint sprayer I bet that would work great on large jobs. You could literally control the psi, flow, and spray pattern with one of those. Plus there is an assortment of different wand lengths for them. I have an airless sprayer but I've never used it for that; however I have sprayed water through mine (to clean it) and the spray pattern holds true. https://youtu.be/rRsIULMkHh0
    Jason Fisher
    Alpha Pressure Washing LLC
    Beaufort, South Carolina
    843-473-0004

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way your wife told you to.

Jason, I have thought as well. My concerns are twofold. Would the seals hold up to a caustic? But more of downfall is that they are electric. For job completion certainty, I would need a generator and lots of extension cords. Water and electricity present too much of a liability risk. I was defiintely thinking along the lines of Shane's Bucketser v2. Dave sent me a pic of the unit he has, and it looks perfect.

Squirt
    Yeah I didn't think about the caustic aspect of it, probably wouldn't hold up long because my sprayer has a lot of aluminum/steel parts in it. Glad you found something you think will work. Let us know what works out best for you as I have been thinking that there has to be a better way than a bucket and brush to do this.
    Jason Fisher
    Alpha Pressure Washing LLC
    Beaufort, South Carolina
    843-473-0004

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way your wife told you to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12