Thread: Mix ratios and downstreaming newbie

Squirt

Mix ratios and downstreaming newbie

Hey guys new to this site. Been pressure washing for about 3 years mostly residential with a few commercial properties. I now am a full time firefighter but starting a business pressure washing on the side for extra money. I have a 4gpm 4000 psi pressure washer. From what I've learned about downstreaming I think it's the same way I've always been doing it by the siphon tube after the pump and into the hose? Just never heard it called downstreaming before.
    Also, I just found this amazing site called pressure tek lol. Talked with a few ppl I kno that pressure wash and all say it has great products. I'm going to use the elemonator and simple cherry and see what I like best. How much do you mix into your SH or water mixture. I'll be mixing into a 5gallon bucket on my open trailer.
    Thanks in advance I can't stop reading on this site.

I am a full time FF and part time washer myself. Started my PW business almost two years ago and this site and Pressure Tek have been an essential part in my success. I am also running a 4GPM 4000PSI machine. On a standard house wash I downstream a mix 2 gallons SH and 3 gallons water with 1oz per gallon of Elem. Works great for me. Obviously you can make it stronger as needed depending on how bad the mold is. Love the smell and the windows are left extremely clean. Good luck to you and stay safe out there!
    Robert Tilley, Owner
    Hydro-Works, LLC
    Clemmons, NC
    336-971-2757

Squirt
    Appreciate the reply man. I actually found my answer after a few days reading stuff on here. I've got plenty more though. Stay safe brother.
    Pressure Pro's
    Williston, FL
    http://www.facebook.com/pressureprosgainesville

Owners:Stephen Burnett [352] 538-2669
    Michael Jones [352] 529-7538

Cap the built in downstream injector on your pump and get an external injector.
    Actually, get two.
    Thad Eckhoff
    Apex Services
    Hattiesburg, MS
    (601) 329-5819

Squirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydro-Works View Post
    On a standard house wash I downstream a mix 2 gallons SH and 3 gallons water with 1oz per gallon of Elem. Works great for me. Obviously you can make it stronger as needed depending on how bad the mold is. Love the smell and the windows are left extremely clean.
    I found my downstream is about a 1:10 mixture. 1 gallon of SH will get diluted out of my chem nozzle to make roughly 10 gallons. Do you get about the same? I guess it all depends on the surface condition.
    Miguel Flores
    HiFlo Pressure Washing
    Tomball, TX
    832-422-6326

I go 2.5 gal sh, 2.5 water... 16 Oz of simple cherry.

Squirt
    Quote Originally Posted by xstreamsurface View Post
    I go 2.5 gal sh, 2.5 water... 16 Oz of simple cherry.
    Curious with your 1:1 mix, how diluted is it out of your wand chem nozzle?
    Miguel Flores
    HiFlo Pressure Washing
    Tomball, TX
    832-422-6326

Prestige Member
    I have been washing for 3 years and now a full time firefighter but am starting up a pressure washing business.Thats an odd introduction to say the least.
    Hal Brown
    Sophia Nc 27350
    www.AbvPressureWashing.com

I use my 0030 Meg tip that I bought from this site, it melts the mold away, am I mixing too strong?

Firefighter here as well. In my neck of the woods I get 10%SH and usually go 2.5 H2O to 2.5 SH with eLemonator. Bump it up or down depending on the grime and temperature.
    Chad Jones
    Cypress Pro Wash
    Cypress, TX
    http://www.cypressprowash.com/