Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help and advice

Did you try to clean it off again? I would try to soap it back up and do some scrubbing on it, see what that does for you.

Squirt
    I can try that tomorrow.
    O'Sullivan Pressure Washing
    Rockland County, NY
    osullivanspressurewashing.com
    845-608-3822

Also don't get to stressed. Watch some youtube videos on deck installation from the manufacturer. Depending on your situation paying someone to replace them or doing it yourself would be the best route.
    I agree with everyone else, that looks like an oil based stain.
    Rodger Boggs
    Winter Wash
    Rodger@winterwash.com
    720-725-4595
    c/t 303-885-000
    191 University 695
    Denver CO 80216

Squirt
    Hello All,
    Thanks for the advice. This client was a PIA from the beginning of the house and deck wash, breathing down are necks the entire time while we were washing only the house. I am not handy with doing the replacement myself and I would not subject other contractors I am friendly with to this guy. Yesterday, he was adamant that he wants the boards to be replaced by his builder and have my insurance cover it. I have called my insurance and am leaning towards filing a claim. I did not speak with him today but I will try one more face to face. I decided not to even try and get the stains out bc I don't want to deal with other potential nonsense. Again thank you all.

Brian

What's funny is in the middle of the day you can't even notice the stains and during sunset they are glaring.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    O'Sullivans Pressure Washing
    Rockland County, NY
    845-608-3822

YOU couldn't see them under all the dirt and grime during the daytime, but I will almost guarantee he knew they were there.

I wouldn't call your insurance company so fast, think about it. if all you had was soap with you there is no way you could have done that.
    Steven Mendez
    http://www.westernmainepressurewashing.com
    Wood restoration,house washing, roof washing, deck cleaning and staining, concrete cleaning.

Either way you got to make it right, BUT he can't dictate who you use. Never ever ever file an insurance claim if it is under $10k in damage. You'll get dropped in a quick minute. Offer to flip the boards or give him $500 and have him sign that he is taking care of the issue himself. He gets some cash and you move on to the next job.
    William
    Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.

I know I'm a newb, but my question is if it was from your soap hose wouldn't it be closer to the sides and move from side to side? Think about how we work, if I'm walking up steps then my hoses are to one side not in the middle where they are under foot right? Also at the landing it stays center as it turns. Do you have a before picture to look at? Again I know I'm the newb but I think Steven and others hit the nail on the head it was there to begin with. I wonder if it's not drippings from a trash bag or maybe even from the overfull grease trap on that fancy BBQ grill. I made one hell of a mess with mine once, pulled it out and started walking dog bumped me and I began sloshing and couldn't get it stopped. Got pissed and tried to sling it and wound up scrubbing it off my patio for a couple of hours. One more question, which direction did you go on those stairs? If down it would be heavier at the top wouldn't it? From the last pic I would think your rig was in the driveway and you worked up that side and down into the back yard. Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Roof View Post
    I know I'm a newb, but my question is if it was from your soap hose wouldn't it be closer to the sides and move from side to side? Think about how we work, if I'm walking up steps then my hoses are to one side not in the middle where they are under foot right? Also at the landing it stays center as it turns. Do you have a before picture to look at? Again I know I'm the newb but I think Steven and others hit the nail on the head it was there to begin with. I wonder if it's not drippings from a trash bag or maybe even from the overfull grease trap on that fancy BBQ grill. I made one hell of a mess with mine once, pulled it out and started walking dog bumped me and I began sloshing and couldn't get it stopped. Got pissed and tried to sling it and wound up scrubbing it off my patio for a couple of hours. One more question, which direction did you go on those stairs? If down it would be heavier at the top wouldn't it? From the last pic I would think your rig was in the driveway and you worked up that side and down into the back yard. Just wondering.
    Couldn't agree more.....Stains look like oil or grease stains from grill or dragging trash bag.....lines look like furniture drag marks......soap doesn't cause spotting like that on a trex deck.
    Pressure Kleen L.L.C.
    Power Washing Service
    Tar-Heel N.C. 28392
    Guy Blackmon 910-876-1594

House Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Pressure Washing Fayetteville N.C.
    Power Washing Fayetteville N.C.

Squirt
    The boards can not be flipped. I agree with the grill and trash bag theory as well. Unfortunately, I was the last one on the deck and I am the one to blame. Personally, I don't want to do any additional work for this guy. I called azek and they said the owner can file a claim and they have a treatment that will cover the stains. I plan to make my final case anout this being oil stains and offer him his money back and an additional 500. Not sure what other options are.

Quote Originally Posted by bosully76 View Post
    The boards can not be flipped. I agree with the grill and trash bag theory as well. Unfortunately, I was the last one on the deck and I am the one to blame. Personally, I don't want to do any additional work for this guy. I called azek and they said the owner can file a claim and they have a treatment that will cover the stains. I plan to make my final case anout this being oil stains and offer him his money back and an additional 500. Not sure what other options are.

Do you think it was your fault? If you do then you have to make it right. I have a feeling you do not think you caused these stains and if you didn't then why is it your responsibility to replace them?

IF and I do mean IF he is trying to get over then he is stealing from you. I realize this is your business, your name and your reputation but you wouldn't let someone trick you out of 500 or a 1000 dollars would you?
    Last edited by steven; 07-07-2016 at 05:51 PM.
    Steven Mendez
    http://www.westernmainepressurewashing.com
    Wood restoration,house washing, roof washing, deck cleaning and staining, concrete cleaning.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast